Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

I don't believe the Bombers give two shits about recovering picks.  They don't have roster spots and any guys with any chance of getting a NFL shot will not be signing under the new CBA rules until those are exhausted. 

Go through the roster, where is there a spot to slot in a rookie Canadian on the gameday roster?  We have more OL than we can roster, we have 3 NI tailbacks, we have two pretty good fullback/TE types who are monster special teamers, we have 3 NI receivers, we have Thomas, we have Briggs, Gauthier, we have Hallett, Exume and we have a guy like Griffiths who we've been developing on the DL.  The only two spots we might want a high-end guy are DL and DB, but any of the DL are going to do the NFL thing and really unlikely you can draft a guy at DB who steps up day 1 on D.

I think the Bombers are just fine picking late in the 2nd round and then mostly in the mid-late rounds this year.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't believe the Bombers give two shits about recovering picks.  They don't have roster spots and any guys with any chance of getting a NFL shot will not be signing under the new CBA rules until those are exhausted. 

Go through the roster, where is there a spot to slot in a rookie Canadian on the gameday roster?  We have more OL than we can roster, we have 3 NI tailbacks, we have two pretty good fullback/TE types who are monster special teamers, we have 3 NI receivers, we have Thomas, we have Briggs, Gauthier, we have Hallett, Exume and we have a guy like Griffiths who we've been developing on the DL.  The only two spots we might want a high-end guy are DL and DB, but any of the DL are going to do the NFL thing and really unlikely you can draft a guy at DB who steps up day 1 on D.

I think the Bombers are just fine picking late in the 2nd round and then mostly in the mid-late rounds this year.

They could use the pick on a guy that may not be up here for a year or two.

Like Geoff Grey.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

They could use the pick on a guy that may not be up here for a year or two.

Like Geoff Grey.

Maybe but I don't believe they would want to trade anyone on the roster for that.  I think it's more likely they would deal someone closer to the season or maybe a little ways into the season to get somebody a shot to play if they are say the 8th OL on the depth chart.  I mean we talk about how many OL we have but we needed all of them last season, they all played and almost all of them started.

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Maybe but I don't believe they would want to trade anyone on the roster for that.  I think it's more likely they would deal someone closer to the season or maybe a little ways into the season to get somebody a shot to play if they are say the 8th OL on the depth chart.  I mean we talk about how many OL we have but we needed all of them last season, they all played and almost all of them started.

Fair point  We did need all of them.

The Argos evidently treated the Jeffersons to courtside seats at a Raptors game. Yeah, the #Bombers have a very weak shot here; even with comparable money. We can’t compete with the NBA.

Yes, the ability to go watch a team he isn't a fan of for a month or two before he goes back home to watch his Rockets every game, or two other NBA teams in Texas will be a huge factor 
Edited by Geebrr

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The Argos evidently treated the Jeffersons to courtside seats at a Raptors game. Yeah, the #Bombers have a very weak shot here; even with comparable money. We can’t compete with the NBA.

Yes, the ability to go watch a team he isn't a fan of for a month or two before he back home to watch his Rockets every game, or two other NBA teams in Texas will be a huge factor 

If he signs the price of those tickets should be added to the Argos cap number.

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You cant allow one market to free wheel with the cap...

Or maybe they wanted WJ. to see that fans do actually exist in TO...  in which case I understand

Majority of casual sports fans don't/won't even know who Willie is..let alone care...Heck the Argo's themselves are an unknown...the only excited people are the couple thousand actual fans who know football there and realize the talent he is and what he could do...and the couple other thousand who know he is a big name...and thats about it and are just jumping on the band wagon right now

Couple more cryptic things to me that "may" mean he is re-upping are he said via twitter he would say today where he was signing if he got 7000 followers...well today he can only say he is re-upping in WPG...He can't say anything other than that

Also his one tweet started off as "firstly I'd like to thank T.O and Hamilton" usually a "but I choose elsewhere" follows that...that's my take on this whole circus...we shall see

And u can bet his brothers on the Bombers have been in his ear too...dudes he is really close to, and seeing others re-up...several for less....I bet he wants to be part of that too...and the repeat...Especially in Bomber colors in Regina...He'd love that

53 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yes, the ability to go watch a team he isn't a fan of for a month or two before he goes back home to watch his Rockets every game, or two other NBA teams in Texas will be a huge factor 

They didn't even give him courtside seats, that was pre-game only.  Looks like he was in a box for the actual game.