Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

True, but there is security in knowing that, if you do your job, you likely  don't have to worry about you place on the team for a couple of years.

Obviously even guys who do their jobs can end up somewhere else, but that is out of your control at that point.

Exactly.  Unless there is a significant signing bonus in year 1 that isn't being offered without the term nobody is taking more than a one-year deal.  The potential for trade you mention is just another reason why.

It will be interesting to see what/if? Ottawa offers Ryhmes now.

For argument's sake, let's say Adams was offered 150k.

What are they offering Rhymes after his breakout season? I'd bet at least in the 175k area. 

1000 yd receiver with garbage QB play.

Rhymes is the WR I hope we get if we go after one.

Edited by Geebrr

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Yes, the same receiving core that won a grey cup is a mess. Our leading receiver last year would’ve ranked fourth on most (I think all) teams in the league. I don’t understand why you’d try and suggest that winning a championship excludes your roster from having weak spots.

Our group of receivers has been a weak spot for years. We need to address it.

You don't think the issue was more so that we ran heavy and the original QB was scared to throw to his open receivers and checked down to Harris non stop?

Our Canadians are light years better then crap like Rory Kohlert, Kito Poblah ,  Brock Ralph.... 

Our Americans are better then crap like Aaron Kelly,  washed up Romby Bryant and a whole bunch of one and done guys.

To say our receivers are a mess is quite the exaggeration.   At the end of the season / play off run when we had a QB throwing to our receivers... did you really see Lawler and Bailey dropping balls left and right?  Same throughout the season with our Canadians..

I'm not saying the receivers are the best in the league but to say they are a mess.... not close at all.

Same goes with the DB's.... we rotated a tonne of them throughout the year with mixed results.... the guys we brought in late in the year seemed to all gel and played well above average. 

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

wow...didn't see us extending Couture....that leaves us really stacked and deep on the o-line....too many guys to keep tho...with Him..Gray..Speller..Desjarlais and Neufeld along with ELI thats a lot of National depth

Crazy. Twelve months ago we lost two all-star calibre National O-linemen. 

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

wow...didn't see us extending Couture....that leaves us really stacked and deep on the o-line....too many guys to keep tho...with Him..Gray..Speller..Desjarlais and Neufeld along with ELI thats a lot of National depth

Potential trade bait?  I'm sure Walters would like to get another pick or two after losing our 1st rounder this year.

possibly setting up for a trade...who tho?..I can't see Gray being traded being local kid with huge upside still..Couture I know they really like and from sounds of it signed for a team friendly SMS...Most likely guy is Speller I think...nice audition in the play-offs showing he can handle center as well as guard...on a cheap salary at moment so very attractive get for someone...Maybe T.O

Eli I doubt they move either as he is heir apparent to center at some point

Signing Couture surprises me just because I wouldn’t have been surprised if he wanted to go to BC.  And considering how well the offensive line performed in the playoffs without him this just surprises me.  If everyone is healthy I don’t see how we can dress all the quality Canadian offensive lineman we have under contract.  I guess Eli could potentially spend another year on the dev roster.

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

possibly setting up for a trade...who tho?..I can't see Gray being traded being local kid with huge upside still..Couture I know they really like and from sounds of it signed for a team friendly SMS...Most likely guy is Speller I think...nice audition in the play-offs showing he can handle center as well as guard...on a cheap salary at moment so very attractive get for someone...Maybe T.O

Eli I doubt they move either as he is heir apparent to center at some point

Definitely see us moving up for a higher draft pick.

Maybe we can get our 1st rounder back from TO?

23 minutes ago, Booch said:

well...Couture was the starter all year...and was very good...Speller was a fill in and never the longterm answer there...Eli will be eventually...and never a bad thing to have 5-6 National o-lineman who are starter quality

Hmm, I didn't watch Speller closely but I thought he did a pretty good job?

With the Couture signing I can see us moving somebody....especially with our lack of a pick in the first round....Just who is going to be one helluva decision because the Bombers like them all....Can't keep them all unless Walters can come up with some over the top strategy....hmmmmm

Edited by Stickem

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I can see one of the guys as trade chip for the CFL draft