Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Paul poking around in our fa list.....Alls fair ...so what do the RedB's have that we might want heh heh...Lapo wants to screw with us eh.....LOL....Just kidding but you just know, he knows our personnel like the back of his hand....Tried and failed with Darvin and glad he did

Adams is a smart cookie and Lapo knows it. I don't think Adams wanted any part of Lapo and that mess in Ottawa. Lapo had it good in Winnipeg. It's going to be very different in Ottawa.

Our group is good.. adequate but adding just one legit game breaker to it would make it bordering on deadly.

Adam's is great value at 140k to compliment a Posey or Walker..neither of whom I think exceed 240k this yr

Daniel's is a  cheaper option..and just as big play so he could be an option but I really like Rhymes..size..measurables and considering what he did in **** show Ottawa.. with no QB.. no real guidance for majority of season in coaches and lack of coordinator..just imagine him in a sound system..like ours

I also hope we find a way to roster Lucky as well and actually utilize him properly..people yap about him not being a good route runner..poor hands..all basically bs claims...I think he only had 1 bad drop last yr..and had a bunch of times behind coverage where our qbs couldn't connect.

Use him to stretch defences a lot..and the  mix in some hitches..screens..a sluggo here and there..crossers as he will have such a cushion from going deep a d pushing coverage downfield cause they need to give him that as he can cut on a fine and make moves at speed..tough to defend

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Our group is good.. adequate but adding just one legit game breaker to it would make it bordering on deadly.

Adam's is great value at 140k to compliment a Posey or Walker..neither of whom I think exceed 240k this yr

Daniel's is a  cheaper option..and just as big play so he could be an option but I really like Rhymes..size..measurables and considering what he did in **** show Ottawa.. with no QB.. no real guidance for majority of season in coaches and lack of coordinator..just imagine him in a sound system..like ours

I also hope we find a way to roster Lucky as well and actually utilize him properly..people yap about him not being a good route runner..poor hands..all basically bs claims...I think he only had 1 bad drop last yr..and had a bunch of times behind coverage where our qbs couldn't connect.

Use him to stretch defences a lot..and the  mix in some hitches..screens..a sluggo here and there..crossers as he will have such a cushion from going deep a d pushing coverage downfield cause they need to give him that as he can cut on a fine and make moves at speed..tough to defend

I am expecting an under the radar guy signing by Walters like Armanti Edwards

3 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Will be really sweet to see a full training camp with Collaros and Adam's. Add In the fact that Bucks game plan is likely more of a pass first run second game plan. Cant wait for this season already!

I don't think we will become "pass first" but do think the passing game will look different.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

eac415-7_bigger.jpg

Spoke to tonight about his return to the #Bombers. The story: “I want to be in Winnipeg and I want to retire a Bomber.” | Adams signs on for 3 more years

Sometimes loyalty begets loyalty, nice to see

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Sometimes loyalty begets loyalty, nice to see

Yup 

This is the truth from Darvin though, and why I never get mad at a guy for getting paid:

“I was very tempted. I have to take care of my kids,” said Adams, who has three daughters aged 10, nine and six. “This is a business and it doesn’t last forever. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what job somebody has in the organization, everybody is working to pay bills or take care of their family. I’m the same way. I want to take care of my kids and make sure I’m happy myself.”

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I also wonder If Jefferson is weighing contract term as well as $$$. If he doesnt get an NFL shot this year (likely not) and wants to play another 3-4 years and TO/Cats are offering a one/two year contract only, maybe he settles for a lesser amount for a 3 year deal in wpg? 

There's no upside in term for the players.  The contracts aren't guaranteed.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's no upside in term for the players.  The contracts aren't guaranteed.

True, but there is security in knowing that, if you do your job, you likely  don't have to worry about you place on the team for a couple of years.

Obviously even guys who do their jobs can end up somewhere else, but that is out of your control at that point.

20 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Huh?   Nevis has  signed as a F.A.  twice by the Bombers now, he's one of the best DT's in the game, Micah Johnson was paid $250,000 to do the same job, but couldn't do it as well.  How do you figure he's working for peanuts?

That was reported in the article... Nevis signed last year at $85k a season - he was a late signing...

Its crazy that it seems we're ready to walk away from him again - he's such a huge part of this line