Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

Man, Kyle Walters is really earning his pay. Tough job juggling the finances to get the best bang for the Buck with this franchise. Here's to hoping he can pull it off and roll out another championship-calibre football team in 2020. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The impact Jefferson's salary will have is on the 3rd import DL cap wise.  On the receiver end there's some money to spend with Adams money out of the picture plus the bucks they allocated last season for Matthews.  Signing Jefferson won't stop the pursuit of a top receiver as a replacement for Adams.

Are we moving on from Adams???must've missed it.....IF that's the case I hope we're in on Posey or Walker

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Gotta keep money for if Kongbo gets cut. If we ended up with Kongbo Jefferson McAllister and ROH as our ends we'd be in great shape. 

I don't think we need to jump and over pay another end to replace wj if he leaves. We have the guys internally to replace at a huge savings.

What happened to Jeffcoat?

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Gotta keep money for if Kongbo gets cut. If we ended up with Kongbo Jefferson McAllister and ROH as our ends we'd be in great shape. 

I don't think we need to jump and over pay another end to replace wj if he leaves. We have the guys internally to replace at a huge savings.

Kongbo won't be back anytime soon. Several years, at least. 

On 2020-02-07 at 1:47 PM, Stickem said:

Willie will do what's best for Willie....it's the parsing of all of the ramifications that is the sticking point....I'm sure his agent has spelled it all out for him...that agent being Willie

I believe Willie will do what his wife wants him to do. 😉

And speaking of Willie and his family, his wife posted the cutest thing about their daughter (a really smart little girl):

2 hours ago, MrFreakzilla said:

What happened to Jeffcoat?

Meant jeffcoat not Jefferson. If we get wj back great. If not I wouldn't jump to spend that money on another de. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Kongbo won't be back anytime soon. Several years, at least. 

Up here he is crazy valuable as a him down south he is one of a huge group of young athletic de hybrids. He has the talent and athleticism but they could just as well have wj and 10 similar guys in camp.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Dave Campbell is on twitter absolutely convinced that the Esks will sign Posey & that Walker wants to play with Reilly again. 

Willie possibly gone, and no Posey or Walker either? Not liking these recent developments. At this rate I'd be happy with Adams back and/or Daniels and a quality veteran DB or two.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

45 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Willie possibly gone, and no Posey or Walker either? Not liking these recent developments. At this rate I'd be happy with Adams back and/or Daniels and a quality veteran DB or two.

Free Agency is not until Tue. Bombers can match all existing offers to Willie, tom. If they want to match it.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

43 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Daniels probably going to TO. Why any player would want to play there is mind boggling. 

Really? Why?

Believe it or not, tons of players couldn’t give two shits whether or not there’s a rabid fan base. They want stuff to do and see with their time off and Toronto has a ton of it

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Up here he is crazy valuable as a him down south he is one of a huge group of young athletic de hybrids. He has the talent and athleticism but they could just as well have wj and 10 similar guys in camp.

Not quite. Kongbo was a big time NFL prospect before his injury. He’s an elite level prospect when healthy.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Really? Why?

Believe it or not, tons of players couldn’t give two shits whether or not there’s a rabid fan base. They want stuff to do and see with their time off and Toronto has a ton of it

Are you sure that they don't all want to play in Saskatchewan?

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Really? Why?

I guess but I think players also appreciate a big crowd cheering them on Game Days. And while players don't like living in a fish bowl, I think also at times they like getting just a little bit of recognition as professionals. They won't get that in Toronto. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I guess but I think players also appreciate a big crowd cheering them on Game Days. And while players don't like living in a fish bowl, I think also at times they like getting just a little bit of recognition as professionals. They won't get that in Toronto. 

AND most likely playoff money.....but hey ...if they want to tie their immediate future to a loser....go for it

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

No..jyst reality..he just may be a merc..so go for cash..but realize an extra bit o cash in the wrong place just ain't worth it

So you think a player will sign else, realize how shitty it is at said location...only to come back for less cash cause of how awesome it is here?

I respect your opinion. But that's some crider level homerism right there.