Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

49 minutes ago, Booch said:

We resign Roh..to go with Jeffcoat and heavy rotation of McAllister and Hansen......Or....we sign Davis..most likely at expense of Roh...with heavy rotation of McAllister and Hansen..may make us an even better team game in and out to be honest..though Willie's 3 to 4 games a year where he is unreal will be missed

I think rush end is a position to wait on.  The market is pretty flooded and after the game of musical chairs ends there will still likely be a few really good players available who still need a chair and now have less leverage for $$$.

51 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

You're way out on your geography that is filmed close to the Scotiabank Arena near the waterfront, not exactly a cheap motel.

You're right about a couple things.  Hotel X is not cheap and it is near the waterfront.  A 40 minute walk to Scotiabank Arena is not something I would consider close though.

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think rush end is a position to wait on.  The market is pretty flooded and after the game of musical chairs ends there will still likely be a few really good players available who still need a chair and now have less leverage for $$$.

We have Jefferson money set aside as per Walter's interview..I say dont wait and if willie is out of our range then u have to go aggressive at Davis..the next best if not at par as he is more well rounded..and will help with rush but also is very good on run defence and pursuing plays...moreso than Willie

If we had 230..260k for Willie i bet we can get Davis at the low end of that...and who wouldn't want to go to the defending champs??

After visiting the #Argos Willie Jefferson and family are in Hamilton to meet with the #TiCats where they are expecting an offer. My understanding is the #Bombers have raised their offer to 250k in recent days. It will take a lot to get him to leave Winnipeg. #CFLFA

Smart move to let it be known we upped to 250k..make other teams **** or get off pot...and especially if we prepared to gi to 275..280..so once all offers in we can counter and match..or be higher..and I bet if it a diff of 10..15k with say argos being higher he may still sign here and recoup in playoff money

Maybe his wife, being quite good at the business end of it, is trying to get the most money she can out of the teams that want to sign Willie.

She just posted that she loves Wpg, a few days ago.

I remember a fair number of people saying Willie needed to up his game, prior to the now legendary playoff run. Was the bulk of his season really all that good?

I don't have an opinion, but some people were complaining during the regular season.

I'm surprised that he doesn't have a decent offer from the NFL.

Edited by Mark F

We're still in the game but I think we're going to have to ante up more than what we have on the table....250k is the initial offer....265 and I think we'll cinch the deal....Argo's have so many other holes to fill (including the big one in their stadium) that going toe to toe with us in bargaining for his services could be very detrimental to their other fa moves...Hamilton is another kettle of fish but they also have to re-up a lot of their own fa's ...can't see them going overboard ...sooooo maybe we're a little premature in waving Willie goodbye...I think Walters has this one

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeesh people over blowing a simple post from his wife....  you don't think maybe she's happy that they are on a free vacation and the end result will be him making more money?   

It's the dead zone of the offseason and we're all starved for something to debate. Dissecting the smallest minutiae is what we do here... 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

We have Jefferson money set aside as per Walter's interview..I say dont wait and if willie is out of our range then u have to go aggressive at Davis..the next best if not at par as he is more well rounded..and will help with rush but also is very good on run defence and pursuing plays...moreso than Willie

If we had 230..260k for Willie i bet we can get Davis at the low end of that...and who wouldn't want to go to the defending champs??

Plan A: Willie Jefferson. Plan B: J'Gared Davis. A good Plan B. Almost Plan A(b). 

Hamilton wont blow their wad ..they already paying Laurent and Lawrence on defence big coin..and have to reup Wynn.. Davis...or move on as well as vie for Willie..dont see that happening there unless they let go of Wynn and Davis and that would make them weaker on defence even with Willie

Its prob gonna be between us and T.O I think..Unless Hervey does something dumb...which isnt exactly out of the question..if we lose Willie I'd be shocked if Davis wasnt here

Willie will prob do 1 yr in T.O..realize how lousy it was playing there and be back here for 2021 for prob less then it would have cost us this yr anyway

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Maybe his wife, being quite good at the business end of it, is trying to get the most money she can out of the teams that want to sign Willie.

She just posted that she loves Wpg, a few days ago.

I remember a fair number of people saying Willie needed to up his game, prior to the now legendary playoff run. Was the bulk of his season really all that good?

I don't have an opinion, but some people were complaining during the regular season.

I'm surprised that he doesn't have a decent offer from the NFL.

He did have a long stretch of games after our bye where he was very quiet. But then there are games that he can absolutely win himself like the Grey Cup.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

$250k is a very solid offer...  I can see the Bombers going 260-265 but thats it...

I like WJ but $200k is a top receiver/DE plus another $65k leaves you with the ability to turn a rookie roster spot into a nice NI or vet

WJ is an absolute beast but is he worth... say Devier Posey AND Cleyon Laing?

Yes

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

$250k is a very solid offer...  I can see the Bombers going 260-265 but thats it...

I like WJ but $200k is a top receiver/DE plus another $65k leaves you with the ability to turn a rookie roster spot into a nice NI or vet

WJ is an absolute beast but is he worth... say Devier Posey AND Cleyon Laing?

The impact Jefferson's salary will have is on the 3rd import DL cap wise.  On the receiver end there's some money to spend with Adams money out of the picture plus the bucks they allocated last season for Matthews.  Signing Jefferson won't stop the pursuit of a top receiver as a replacement for Adams.

Gotta keep money for if Kongbo gets cut. If we ended up with Kongbo Jefferson McAllister and ROH as our ends we'd be in great shape. 

I don't think we need to jump and over pay another end to replace wj if he leaves. We have the guys internally to replace at a huge savings.