Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

28 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

You know what you can do wtih 30-40K. 

Except that it isn't - after taxes it's half that  (15-20k) and given the higher likelyhood of playoffs games for last years grey cup winner the difference could be even less still.

Nevermind that - sign for a long contract in Winnipeg and because it's a real football market you could reasonably expect the possbility of local sponsorship deals to cover the rest.  Even moreso your rent is probably going to be minimum 5-10K a year more in TO than Winnipeg....

Edited by BomberfanMKS

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

*keep him at a reasonable price

How can Walters do that? So, the Bombers offer Jefferson $40,000 less which is "reasonable". The Argos offer him $40,000 more which is "unreasonable". Jefferson takes the unreasonable Argo offer. Is Walters supposed to yell. "Hey, wait a minute, we made you a reasonable offer. Now, you have to play for us so you can't leave!!" Like, what does that kind of logic even mean???? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How can Walters do that? So, the Bombers offer Jefferson $40,000 less which is "reasonable". The Argos offer him $40,000 more which is "unreasonable". Jefferson takes the unreasonable Argo offer. Is Walters supposed to yell. "Hey, wait a minute, we made you a reasonable offer. Now, you have to play for us so you can't leave!!" Like, what does that kind of logic even mean???? 

I'm not sure what's confusing. Bubba doesn't want them to sign Jefferson if it means giving him 290k. He'd like something more reasonable like 240 or 250 etc (I'm assuming that's reasonable to him). It's honestly pretty easy to understand.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not sure what's confusing. Bubba doesn't want them to sign Jefferson if it means giving him 290k. He'd like something more reasonable like 240 or 250 etc (I'm assuming that's reasonable to him). It's honestly pretty easy to understand.

The only thing to understand is money talks & bullshit walks. No player will turn down $40 grand in the CFL. If the Argos offer Jefferson $290,000 he's gone & more power to him. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

The only thing to understand is money talks & bullshit walks. No player will turn down $40 grand in the CFL. If the Argos offer Jefferson $290,000 he's gone & more power to him. 

yup. That was basically what he was trying to get across, and I agree. If TO offers him 280K and he wants the bombers to match or offer more. I hope they say thanks but no thanks.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

yup. That was basically what he was trying to get across, and I agree. If TO offers him 280K and he wants the bombers to match or offer more. I hope they say thanks but no thanks.

Willie is the best DL in the CFL but there are some good ones out there. J'Gared Davis is a CFL all star & would do a great job rushing the passer & stopping the run. He's not flamboyant but he's gritty & works hard. He never takes a play off. For me, that would be a great replacement. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Youre still mad about the Nichols money arnt you lol. All im saying is I don't want Walters to over pay for Willie. He's awesome and I want him back but not at 300K. I think that's too much for a any DE. Im not sure I understand your "Now, you have to play for us so you can't leave!!" rant. If the Argos pay him 300K and he walks, good for him, we'll move on.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

4 hours ago, Nolby said:

Never know,a phone call by o'shea may be the last thing willie needs to stay in the peg

I'm not sure which way to take that statement. LOL.

I know as soon as Pinball opened his mouth it'd chase me back to the Peg.