Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

Just now, Geebrr said:
Hearing that free agent DE is visiting the today/tomorrow. Buzz around the all week has been that Toronto is going hard after the reigning CFL Most Outstanding Defensive Player. #CFL #Argos
11:17 AM · Feb 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Would hate to lose Jefferson but if Toronto backs up the brinks truck I could understand it. They’re going to be very agressive in FA. But let’s remember how well that worked out for B.C.  typically the teams that over spend in FA often fall short in the regular season. You need to draft and scout new American talent in this league, over paying vets won’t do it. 

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

We know it's all about the money if Willie goes with the big smoke...I guess it'll be ...c'mon on down to T.O. ....and 'down' would be the right word....I always thought that was bull$hit anyways....it's all about the dough not the city...

Dude, he could be cut at any time and not get paid, his career can be over at any moment, especially in the CFL you gotta make the money while you can. He turned down less money to get a cup last year with Winnipeg. I don’t blame him one bit if Toronto is willing to over spend. 

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Dude, he could be cut at any time and not get paid, his career can be over at any moment, especially in the CFL you gotta make the money while you can. He turned down less money to get a cup last year with Winnipeg. I don’t blame him one bit if Toronto is willing to over spend. 

So if he was willing to take less here last year...what changed it to go for more elsewhere....You not making sense ....dude

Just now, Stickem said:

So if he was willing to take less here last year...what changed it to go for more elsewhere....You not making sense ....dude

Hes got basically everything you can get as a Defensive player. He did that by taking less to be on a team that was ready to win it all. Going for the Money now that he has a GC and MODP award wouldn't at all be surprising. 

Pretty sure we are in a position to offer 250..260k per season, so best course of action is let him know as soon as possible...here's what we have for you...it's on the table, and good possibility for play-off bonus as well..basically take it or leave it so we dont have to have things drag out, and miss out on any other targets in case it goes well into a week of back and forth

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Because it’s a business and he took less already once before,but this is all hypothetical because I wouldn’t be surprised if he still signed here, I just wouldn’t blame him if he took the money. He did his job while he was here and helped bring us a cup. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

he's going to hear their pitch...check out the digs...nothing more..nothing less...if anything it will let Walters know what he is competing against...for all we know he may be willing to pay more what T.O offers and had that set aside, so could work in the Bombers favour and get him for less than they thought...