Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

funny too with Derek Taylor pulling his best Rod Penison...saying he's not surprised Sask hasn't contacted Willie because they have to be very comfortable with Hghes and Leonard...yeah a 36 year old end who coming off surgery and at around 200k a year and Leonard...a 28 yr old guy who been on 3 teams in 5 years and has had 25 sacks at a whopping 5 a year clip...yup....I'd be super stoked too

I don't think it's the fact they're comfortable with what they have...it's the comfort feeling that Willie lacks of ever returning there...I doubt he'd even answer the phone for those toothless wonders...Willie has said ...c'mon down to Wpg...not c'mon down to an outhouse in Sask......The only thing Willie most likely luv's more than a good contract is sticking it to those buggers...AND he will do that again in 2020...C'mon home Willie

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

prob cause the B.S low ball they pulled on him last year...more than likely know he'd prob not be interested

Plus they have huge bucks they still need to allocate for receivers..O-linemen..Linebacker

Was just thinking how nice it is to not only not be looking at free agent OL but also to realize that Couture is very high on that list and no one is freaking out about losing him

Missing a first round pick is tough but it will help us sign WJ

FA will end up like last year... WJ and Nevis return and some underrated signings...

DB like Richard Leonard or Anthony Cioffi

Frank Beltre would be a guy I could see Winnipeg signing - very strong on ST...  Casher would thrive with Wpg too

Jermaine Gabriel or Courtney Stephen would be a nice value signing

Juwan Brescacin would be a really nice add if we move the ratio to the offensive side

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Pay the man he single handily changes game. Next to a QB a pass rusher like Willie has the most effect on a game. There is a reason why in the NFL QB's and pass rushers are the only ones to go #1 in the draft. 

You're totally right. But, we're also seeing that NFL teams are re-considering paying huge $ to a pass rusher when it comes time to a second contract. It's why the Raiders traded Khalil Mack, who is fantastic, but couldn't get the Bears into the playoffs alone because their QB sucks. I heard on Minnesota sports radio suggesting trading Danielle Hunter to move up in the draft to get Tua Tagovailoa - a potential franchise QB on a rookie contract, partly because Hunter will want to be the highest paid DE in the NFL next contract (his third). 

Edited by M.Silverback

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Meh, I've never been a big fan. He's definitely good, but he's not a receiver that I'd give that type of money to. Lots of injury issues, too.

I dunno...he has the skill if he's healthy...never played more than 13 games in a year ( 11, 13, 12, 13) but yardage total were ( 885, 743, 747, 738) and 22 TD's in 49 games played...whats not to like if he stays healthy??...big if but just sayin...guy can ball

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I suppose if you like Grey Cups and rings, sure. I'm just not into flashy things. 

preach it.  me personally, I'm getting a little tired of all the "grey cup this" and "rings that" on this board. 

People are getting blinded by the bling, if this keeps up pretty soon the Bombers will have a hubcap on a chain that they'll award on the sidelines after tackles.

30 minutes ago, johnzo said:

preach it.  me personally, I'm getting a little tired of all the "grey cup this" and "rings that" on this board. 

People are getting blinded by the bling, if this keeps up pretty soon the Bombers will have a hubcap on a chain that they'll award on the sidelines after tackles.

I've already copyrighted that.

2 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

Does anyone know if WJ has any NFL offers? Or is he strictly considering CFL at this point? 

I don't think any report of an actual offer, and Miami has been the only work out that has been reported.

Willie has also said he is not interested in doing the workout gauntlet, so there are likely other teams checking in.

Edited by Geebrr

42 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I don't think any report of an actual offer, and Miami has been the only work out that has been reported.

Willie has also said he is not interested in doing the workout gauntlet, so there are likely other teams checking in.

I suspect he is wanting a contract with decent guaranteed money. And is probably getting futures contracts with little to none or camp invites. 

Edited by wbbfan