Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Mont. I can see being a big player for Willie....He tweeted he really liked the Adams signing...Don't know if that means a thing BUT I think we better get ready to go toe to toe for his services,especially considering we have some cash to spend...We have some potential in the wings but not the big wing span caliber of a Willie, ....It'll be a bad sign if we can't re-up him and like someone else said, losing 2 big performers (Streve as well) from a Cup winner, will not sit well with the locals

McCallister is pretty much a clone of Willie...and 3 years younger and came out of college with more potential...fared well in pre-season and in the game he played straight off the couch..

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

a week ago people on here talked about how living in TO/bc was a none factor in the end. Now its cmoooooon cost of living!

I cant see WJ choosing to play for a none competitive team with 8 fans. Imo, if he signs in the CFL hes coming on down to winnipeg. 

Normally I would disagree with this statement...  however he seemed to be a pretty big family man so I don't think the allure of going somewhere with the big night life really factors in his decision.  

There is no team with competent management that is going to pay any player 290k in FA this year. This year is a market reset, we've seen it at QB already and it will continue with position players. Last year was an anomaly because GMs felt the SMS was going up by more than it did. Now teams are back pedaling hard off of last year's numbers. Willie will get a number more in line with Biggie's. Teams do not have the SMS this year because a crap load of SMS flex went away with rookie contracts raising so significantly.

Edited by GCn20

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

There is no team with competent management that is going to pay any player 290k in FA this year. This year is a market reset, we've seen it at QB already and it will continue with position players. Last year was an anomaly because GMs felt the SMS was going up by more than it did. Now teams are back pedaling hard off of last year's numbers. Willie will get a number more in line with Biggie's. Teams do not have the SMS this year because a crap load of SMS flex went away with rookie contracts raising so significantly.

Nobody wants the Micah Johnson contract

29 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Normally I would disagree with this statement...  however he seemed to be a pretty big family man so I don't think the allure of going somewhere with the big night life really factors in his decision.  

Personally I think its a none issue for balance. Some players will pick money/night life other players will pick the best team I dont think the big cities are at a disadvantage, just stating that it was all one way earlier now being thrown back the other. I think the ability for players in the big cities to earn side income dwarfs the minimal gap easily. 

19 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No position player any time soon imo.

12 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Nobody wants the Micah Johnson contract

Or even the next Mike reilly deal. Or to be the als having to cut players you want to keep because you simply can not afford them.  

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Not sure about that...  the second tier QBs are all getting $450k this year - was just no top guy on the market

Evans, Williams and Walker will get $200k plus...  Jefferson and Davis will get $250k+... NIs will get paid - Ackie and Luke

There will be tons of deals on second tier or aging vets though - lots of value DBs on the market right now for sure

Some NI value signings out there too - McGough, Mulumba, Stephen

2 hours ago, Booch said:

McCallister is pretty much a clone of Willie...and 3 years younger and came out of college with more potential...fared well in pre-season and in the game he played straight off the couch..

I think, salary in mind, this would be the direction they’ll go..

pretty certain that if some teams makes a crazy 280-300k offer that Willie will talk with Walters...like last time to get something they both think is fair, and gives him the best chance to win, and where he feels most comfortable....the exact same conditions he had last year...everyone and their dog knows the comfort level is apparent...we won...and who doesn't wanna repeat...especially with majority of his team back, and Biggie money, or a shade above is easily doable...I think we are in the drivers seat on this one to be honest

If T.O comes at him in 280..290....i doubt it gets to 300 for a defensive guy, then I am confident he would sign here at 265K as that is more than fair..would make him the highest paid defensive guy, and also has a good chance to grab another 20-30k in playoff cash...plus he will be in a football crazy environment where he will be a celebrity as opposed to T.O where he would toil in anonymity, or if recognized more than likely asked what Raptor he is....lol

Edited by Booch

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

This year is a market reset, we've seen it at QB already and it will continue with position players.

Have we? A guy with with seven career starts just got a contract for approx. $500k/yr. Last years' qb contracts were bigger b/c they went to the three highest profile qbs in the league.

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Surprised the Riders didn't reach out.

prob cause the B.S low ball they pulled on him last year...more than likely know he'd prob not be interested

Plus they have huge bucks they still need to allocate for receivers..O-linemen..Linebacker