Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

I bet Willie settles in on about 265k...and that is a number I think we would be fine with....I bet to go to a sketchy team...Hello T.O and MTL he would ask for that 280-290

BC cant afford him...CGY would never pay that...Sask I doubt can make that work consider they still have to pay for an O-line still..Evan's want 200k...and they have holes all over their secondary and linebacking crew as well as D-line..Edm doesn't need him really based on roster make-up...nor need that salary....so I think it's gonna be between us and T.O/MTL..Dark horse being the Hammer...but if they grab him we sign Davis then...or target him anyway and we be no worse for wear

Toronto (hypothetically) can want him all they want. The dangerous part is submitting the binding offer. It’s pretty risky tying up 250000-290000, while knowing that we have the final 48 hrs of sole 1:1 negotiating rights. Essentially, it would take them out of the bidding for other big ticket free agents. 

16 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Sounds like Toronto is really making a push. I hope Willie factors in cost of living in the big smoke.

a week ago people on here talked about how living in TO/bc was a none factor in the end. Now its cmoooooon cost of living!

I cant see WJ choosing to play for a none competitive team with 8 fans. Imo, if he signs in the CFL hes coming on down to winnipeg. 

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Just the original Naylor noise. It makes sense that they'd have heavy interest. A big free agent splash like Willie can put people in the seats.

Not in the toronto market imo. A championship didnt put a good number of butts in the seats, I dont see willie doing it. A ricky williams esq nfl QB would make some what of an improvement. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Not in the toronto market imo. A championship didnt put a good number of butts in the seats, I dont see willie doing it. A ricky williams esq nfl QB would make some what of an improvement. 

Briefly maybe. Flute couldn’t sustain it, and he had already cemented his place as one of the greatest CFL QBs of all time, before winning back to back cups with T. O. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

a week ago people on here talked about how living in TO/bc was a none factor in the end. Now its cmoooooon cost of living!

I cant see WJ choosing to play for a none competitive team with 8 fans. Imo, if he signs in the CFL hes coming on down to winnipeg. 

Hope youre right. Loosing Willie and Streveler would be :61_sob:

24 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Toronto (hypothetically) can want him all they want. The dangerous part is submitting the binding offer. It’s pretty risky tying up 250000-290000, while knowing that we have the final 48 hrs of sole 1:1 negotiating rights. Essentially, it would take them out of the bidding for other big ticket free agents. 

Talk is cheap.

We will see by Sunday who is legit.

Mont. I can see being a big player for Willie....He tweeted he really liked the Adams signing...Don't know if that means a thing BUT I think we better get ready to go toe to toe for his services,especially considering we have some cash to spend...We have some potential in the wings but not the big wing span caliber of a Willie, ....It'll be a bad sign if we can't re-up him and like someone else said, losing 2 big performers (Streve as well) from a Cup winner, will not sit well with the locals

I love Willie Jefferson. But, I also trust that Kyle Walters will not overpay for a position where there are other options. Lesser options, but, options that can provide 75% of the production, at 50% of the salary. Ja'Gared Davis potentially, as some have mentioned. Actually had more sacks last year. Not as much of an impact player, but, still effective.

Edited by M.Silverback

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yeah, that's really shown to have worked out well for the Argonauts in recent years...

Image result for seinfeld eyeroll

Gotta start somewhere in Toronto. Willie would be a step in the right direction of trying to get back to respectability. Theyre currently a step below laughing stock in that city.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

I love Willie Jefferson. But, I also trust that Kyle Walters will not overpay for a position where there are other options. Lesser options, but, options that can provide 75% of the production, at 50% of the salary. Ja'Gared Davis potentially, as some have mentioned. Actually had more sacks last year. Not as much of an impact player, but, still effective.

$280-290 is too much.