Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

34 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

We start 2 and only have one depth guy on the roster so I just think this is a depth signing.

Moving forward I believe the target is for Wolitarsky to play inside fulltime and potentially start him, Demski and Petermann, keeping in mind Harris turns 33 this season and will probably miss a few games for maintenance.  There will be 2 import playmaker/returner types on the roster, one DI and one "starter" for ratio purposes but really a free backup.  Grant is probably the DI, Whitehead, Nelson and other training camp signings will be in play for the second spot.  Probably keep moving forward with 6 locked in NI's on O and 1 locked in on D.

So in terms of JFG you swap him onto the roster for a guy like John Rush.  99% of his role will be special teams and there's the odd time he'd be used on O as the third slot to come in the box and block a blitzer or as injury replacement.

I firmly believe the Bombers #1 target in free agency (aside from our own guys) is a difference making boundary WR, Derel Walker.  I think Rhymes or Posey would be the consolation prize and if they get none of the three they might go back to Darvin Adams.

Starters would be:

Big free agent signing, Lawler, Wolitarsky, Demski, Petermann

Whitehead/Nelson/guy who makes the team and Janarion Grant plus JFG and maybe another depth NI guy who can play teams well.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

22 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Moving forward I believe the target is for Wolitarsky to play inside fulltime and potentially start him, Demski and Petermann, keeping in mind Harris turns 33 this season and will probably miss a few games for maintenance.  There will be 2 import playmaker/returner types on the roster, one DI and one "starter" for ratio purposes but really a free backup.  Grant is probably the DI, Whitehead, Nelson and other training camp signings will be in play for the second spot.  Probably keep moving forward with 6 locked in NI's on O and 1 locked in on D.

So in terms of JFG you swap him onto the roster for a guy like John Rush.  99% of his role will be special teams and there's the odd time he'd be used on O as the third slot to come in the box and block a blitzer or as injury replacement.

I firmly believe the Bombers #1 target in free agency (aside from our own guys) is a difference making boundary WR, Derel Walker.  I think Rhymes or Posey would be the consolation prize and if they get none of the three they might go back to Darvin Adams.

Starters would be:

Whitehead/Nelson/guy who makes the team and Janarion Grant plus JFG and maybe another depth NI guy who can play teams well.

no love for Bailey?

35 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Starters would be:

I'd be absolutely blown away if they start 3 Cnd receivers and let Bailey sit on the sidelines. In fact I'd be willing to bet money that it absolutely doesn't happen. (Outside of injuries).

53 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Starters would be:

I so hope you’re right about Walker. 

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

For sure. The only criticism i have of Lapo's scheme is when he went ultra conservative too early or didnt open up the playbook early enough when were down. Other than that it was smart football. Too many people judge an offence by their adrenaline response instead of the actual results.

On the contrary, I think the only time Lapo opened up the playbook was when we were down....that's when he actually got creative. God help us anytime we had a lead, tho....

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

You can file this plan under "dickin with Darvin".

7 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Have you taken a look at Collaros's passing chart? Get used to the short dump offs they are not going anywhere. Something like 85% of ZC's throws with us last year were within 5 yards of the LOS. He just took a couple more shots down the field per game than Nichols, and had more success doing so.

Yeah, they play the exact same way. There won't be any difference.

40 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I so hope you’re right about Walker. 

I no longer hold hope that we sign so and so premier pass catcher in FA. If we get one ill be surprised and cautiously optimistic. 

If we go into the year with lawler, darvin and bailey plus the NIs its still a really good wr core. A good vet with some questions like tasker to push that core would be great. 

Willy is priority no1 imo if he isnt nfl bound. And keeping money available for nfl guys is important too.  

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I no longer hold hope that we sign so and so premier pass catcher in FA. If we get one ill be surprised and cautiously optimistic. 

If we go into the year with lawler, darvin and bailey plus the NIs its still a really good wr core. A good vet with some questions like tasker to push that core would be great. 

Willy is priority no1 imo if he isnt nfl bound. And keeping money available for nfl guys is important too.  

I hold hope. WJ is obviously someone we would like to retain but I can’t get over imagining the potential chemistry that could quickly develop between Collaros and Walker.

4 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Who said we are losing Petermann? 

No way Petermann could have been happy with his playing time or role with the team. He kept showing he was capable of being a starter but not in LaPo's offense.  Now that Lapo's gone I hope Petermann stays. Like Woli, he was wasted in his offense.