Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Congratulations Willie on your new fortune!

We'll reinvest elsewhere. With those savings and all the money we saved from Nichols ;), we're loaded this week. 

Does Willie go to a dogshit team for extra cash?? Id be surprised unless we low ball him. Cant see us doing that with all that extra Nichols dough lying around.

I'm curious what people think is the "top end" they'd give WJ5.......I'm honestly not sure. We've heard that 250 was what they were preparing to offer him. Now there's talk that 300k might not be out of the question. Do you go as high as 275 and say "no mas" after that? 

hearing and reality are 2 different things...and we don't know what our budget is either....so really until pen needs to meet paper it's really a non-issue and speculative at best

That being said getting Ja'Gared Davis most likely for less and his 54 tackles..13 sacks and 3 FF's is a nice secondary prize

2 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

why is there a mentality that there's extra money lying around because Nichols is gone.  Collaros just got relatively the same type of money that Nichols did last season.  It's a wash, and we're in a very similar spot to last season cap space wise.

Evidently you've missed the running joke....

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Evidently you've missed the joke....

I was just editing my post realizing who said that and that it was sarcasm.... you're too quick!  haha

Would be surprised if Willie fled for a few extra bucks to go to the Argos.  Don't see them making the playoffs next year, and you'd think he'd want to be a part of the quest for a repeat!

and we were in good shape cap wise last year...as the extensions and re-ups prior to Jan showed, and we will be in better shape as we are only going to be paying 2 qb's basically, and have shed Couture's salary..was his second contract and was prob pushing 100k..if not at it and will be paying less or equal value for whover we replace Sayles and Rose with..unless we go really big after say an Ackie, or one of the higher priced imports that are available

3 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I was just editing my post realizing who said that and that it was sarcasm.... you're too quick!  haha

Would be surprised if Willie fled for a few extra bucks to go to the Argos.  Don't see them making the playoffs next year, and you'd think he'd want to be a part of the quest for a repeat!

and the extra 25k in playoff money available if u win the grey cup...be more this year as that was the amount of the last Bargaining agreement which ran from 2014-2019

even if you get to cup and lose you will pocket 17k

Forget not Willie took less money to come to Winnipeg then staying in Regina.      Even if Toronto throws a higher number...  I won't assume that he automatically will take it.   Maybe the Blue offer a longer deal with more guaranteed money.    

I'm not assuming he's gone just yet. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Forget not Willie took less money to come to Winnipeg then staying in Regina.      Even if Toronto throws a higher number...  I won't assume that he automatically will take it.   Maybe the Blue offer a longer deal with more guaranteed money.    

I'm not assuming he's gone just yet.