Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Another thing that would REALLY help. Is having a guy like Exume start at Safety. 

yeah...I bet him and Hallet get a good amount of reps and opportunity to take that spot in TC if we don't sign a current free agent National to fill that spot

I’ll defer to you on this Booch, but it seems to me that The Bombers would be one of the few CFL teams that would be strong players in signing him this year (if he’s released by an NFL club) considering how we are the only team that has an OC and playbook that would be able to insert him seamlessly. 

I think a lot depends on how long Streveler stays in the NFL. If he's released early, pretty much guaranteed he'll be back with the Bombers. If he hangs around a season on an NFL practice roster, not so sure he'd come back. A lot changes in pro sports in a season. McGuire may have cemented the job as number 2 QB, or number 1 in waiting. The Bombers will be looking for a number 3 QB and may have found one they're happy with by then. Plus the new CFL season will bring a new Nick Arbuckle or Cody Fajardo that many CFL teams will be after. Not saying Streveler wouldn't be sought after, but, if he's gone the entire CFL season or close to it, no team is holding a place for him. 

Thomas was actually released and we were moving on...but some TC injuries occured and we needed that natinal rotation guy and voila...he was back....if that hadn't happened most likely he would have been done as nobody else seemed interested in him....but gotta admit he has been serviceable for us if kept in a minimal role...wouldn't want him as our defacto "starter" this year, but would be a nice sub for say a Cleon Laing if we went that route...most likely at expense of Nevis..which would suck.....so sure wish we can find a bonafice National Safety

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

Thomas was actually released and we were moving on...but some TC injuries occured and we needed that natinal rotation guy and voila...he was back....if that hadn't happened most likely he would have been done as nobody else seemed interested in him....but gotta admit he has been serviceable for us if kept in a minimal role...wouldn't want him as our defacto "starter" this year, but would be a nice sub for say a Cleon Laing if we went that route...most likely at expense of Nevis..which would suck.....so sure wish we can find a bonafice National Safety

Yep, and when he got back, he joked about how his late start to the season was due to him exhausting all his NFL options. 😂

31 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yep, and when he got back, he joked about how his late start to the season was due to him exhausting all his NFL options. 😂

all I remember is the massive cheer when he showed up at practice for the first time that season....his teammates love him.

So nothing on the Willie front as yet...I've got a feeling he'll be back...I hope it's here, although you can bet there'll be someone out there driving up his price tag.....Kinda gone quiet on the Streveler watch as well...Could he also be back for another Cup run??...With 9 days to go there's going to have to be some movement on these guys one way or the other 

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

So nothing on the Willie front as yet...I've got a feeling he'll be back...I hope it's here, although you can bet there'll be someone out there driving up his price tag.....Kinda gone quiet on the Streveler watch as well...Could he also be back for another Cup run??...With 9 days to go there's going to have to be some movement on these guys one way or the other 

Give him $250K X2 and call it a day.