Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

I’m saying we will find out what he’s made of.  

If that's the kind of guy he is, he could have easily packed his bags & went home towards the end of the season when he was a healthy scratch.  Not only did he not do that, he was one of the biggest cheerleaders on the sidelines. 

I would argue that Nelson would be a bigger risk considering he spent most of 2018 on the retired list before deciding to come back late in the season.

13 hours ago, bigg jay said:

If that's the kind of guy he is, he could have easily packed his bags & went home towards the end of the season when he was a healthy scratch.  Not only did he not do that, he was one of the biggest cheerleaders on the sidelines. 

I would argue that Nelson would be a bigger risk considering he spent most of 2018 on the retired list before deciding to come back late in the season.

Dat was Foketi, he's all in this year!

Lucky wont pull a Kenbrell Thomkins..he knows he has an opportunity to seize and I bet he comes back more polished..if he gets to work outta the slot and hit line in full tilt then one subtle move and he's behind the secondary.. if anything that will spread out the defence and give other guys room.

Lapo never used him like that..was generally hitches and short outs and the odd slant..for most part all his touches had him static..and he had to search for the seam and juke out multiple guys.

The times we did use him down the rail or on a deep route he always was in behind coverage and gone if the QB could have hit him. Go watch back games there are at least 4 or 5 I can recall as just missed.. some where he layed his arse right out trying to get them..no lack of effort on his part or fault of his they didnt connect

20 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

While like most of us, I'd love to hear that Jefferson is back, I am starting to think about other team's free agents too. Laing would be an interesting NI DT option and Stephen seems like a nice, solid NI S option.

I’m hoping we target Stephen as well - don’t see too much else out there for NI DB

On 2020-01-20 at 10:20 AM, Booch said:

That and the fact he was royally robbed of a 3rd straight Most Outstanding Olineman award this year...but totally proved he was in Grey Cup against the "winner"

What a joke that award was not going to Bryant

Completely and utterly disgusting of the league to steal that award from Bryant. 

On 2020-01-20 at 5:50 PM, Colin Unger said:

I agree with the decision to focus on Collaros. Neither of these options are a pillar of health. However, Collaros is hands down the more gifted of the two. He's a risk to get another injury or a concussion again but he showed that with all his injuries in the past he's still very physically gifted when healthy. And he won the Grey Cup. Nichols has IMO lost some zip on his passes and has zero mobility at this point in his career. I would consider looking at MBT as a backup should he be available. 

With Dbags like S. Lawrence around, yes.

On 2020-01-23 at 8:21 PM, Brandon said:

Nelson was better then Whitehead... that being said I'd like to see Whitehead get a 2nd chance with Pierce as the OC.

Good point, Brandon. Anyone that played for lapo deserves a second chance.

On 2020-01-24 at 9:35 PM, bigg jay said:

I was really impressed with how involved Whitehead was with cheerleading and celebrating despite being a healthy scratch.  He was quite obviously committed to "being there" and "being ready", the way other guys reacted to him it seems like everybody really felt like he had good reason to be celebrating just like the players who ended up on the field for the big game (which IMO means they felt he contributed)

So the Winnipeg Sun is reporting that it'll take north of $250k to sign Willie Jefferson.  That's alot of money.   Worth it mind you but damn that's going to hurt.   WJ came to play when it counted but there were also a handful of games where he wasn't the same dominating player that he was in the play offs.  Apparently he as paid $210k last year so really a $50k - $60k bump should get it done.    

But will that hurt us from possibly signing Streveler should he go to the NFL but get released at the end of camp?  Ditto to the other defensive players that also went to the NFL. 

Do we pay him the extra money?  Of course we do and hope Walters can do his magic and maybe sign 1 of our possible NFL returnees. 

If Strev comes back after camp ends and he exhausts any possible PR chance elsewhere we won't need to be paying him a full years worth of salary, so his hit won't be that great, and a 50-60k bump in Willies salary is easily manageable...especially if we are not having to sign a 1st round draft pick this year at 80k...

2 hours ago, Booch said:

If Strev comes back after camp ends and he exhausts any possible PR chance elsewhere we won't need to be paying him a full years worth of salary, so his hit won't be that great, and a 50-60k bump in Willies salary is easily manageable...especially if we are not having to sign a 1st round draft pick this year at 80k...

Another thing that would REALLY help. Is having a guy like Exume start at Safety.