Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Man if we hadn't won the cup this offseason would blow.

Naw, we'll just replace what we lose with better, like we've been doing all along. We'll be more than fine. We're going to have an even better team than we had last year. 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Med's likes it here..wants to win and is a true teamate...so re-structuring to keep prominent pieces, or to get a new piece is something he'd do...It's something him and Bryant have done previously here before as well to help the team, 

Very good news, here's hoping Medlock maintains his passion for kicking and his quest for excellence until he's at least 40.

I kinda expect that Jefferson, Rose & Sayles will sign an NFL deal. 

So among our pending FAs, my only must re-signs are: 
Strevy (if he will not land a NFL deal) 
One of Nichols and Collaros
Bryant

Maybe Adams and Nevis

The rest I can live without.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

37 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I’m not convinced that Jefferson is gone, and that’s with 2020 vision..

Yeah he is hopeful.. very different than it being emminant...there are a lot of things working against him too that aren't with guys like Rose and Sayles

Also he will need a pretty fair commitment to sign..and there only so much allotted for that...and there is the dead money factor...he may sign with a "bonus" of say 100 000k but only a small part of it ..say 5..maybe 10 k will be paid up front as teams only have about 94k to use for free agent signing bonuses so they give a small fraction upfront to maximize amount of guys they can bring to camp...rest is potential dead money...what that means if they are cut/released the team has to pay them out the balance over 5 years against their cap...and teams want minimal dead money kicking around as it really messes their SMS...so Willie is in a tough spot

As for Bryant..he is back.. will be announced prior to Feb free agency and having the entire starting oline from grey cup back..as well as the back ups is huge

11 hours ago, J5V said:

Naw, we'll just replace what we lose with better, like we've been doing all along. We'll be more than fine. We're going to have an even better team than we had last year. 

Like we've been doing all along ?..... like one grey cup in the last how many years ...lol....  these players getting all these offers is really beginning to worry me... 

Honestly, something is up with Jefferson if you ask me. Not sure what the situation is, but he's definitely exaggerated something along the way this off-season. In his words, his workout was such a hit that Miami cut it short because he'd shown them everything they wanted to see - if that's the case, what's the holdup on a deal? Unless the deal isn't as close due to money, fit, etc. Willie has to be on an active roster, not a PR so if he's going to break camp with the Dolphins, he better be sure he's going to make the team or he's taking a hit on money in 2020.

I still see Willie coming back to the CFL, but honestly, if he goes south then I think we'll be in a good spot to replace him. Drop off is obvious, but McCalister could come in and actually have a role. Wouldn't be the absolute worst.

5 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I kinda expect that Jefferson, Rose & Sayles will sign an NFL deal. 

So among our pending FAs, my only must re-signs are: 
Strevy (if he will not land a NFL deal) 
One of Nichols and Collaros
Bryant

Maybe Adams and Nevis

The rest I can live without.

I would say expect Nichols to re-sign and Nevis. I like Adams but with Bailey and lawler and whitehead plus the talented wrs they have signed from neg lists, don’t expect him to be back.

1 hour ago, Tiny759 said:

I would say expect Nichols to re-sign and Nevis. I like Adams but with Bailey and lawler and whitehead plus the talented wrs they have signed from neg lists, don’t expect him to be back.

Why is everyone okay with letting Adams walk? He was still our most impactful receiver in playoffs

11-10
22 CGY 2 6 105 1 52.5 71
11-17
23 SSK 4 8 93 0 23.3 63

60+ yard touchdown against Calgary.
60 yard reception against Sask when we were pinned at our goal line.
Quiet in the cup with 2 of 3 with one drop for 11 yards, but still.

We can't afford to lose our one international receiver who has actually shown he is capable of explosion plays. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

Yeah Willie has had one workout...not multiple and workouts in NFL never get cut short..or rarely get cut short unless said player is atrocious or injured.

And he has to be on a roster..or it's nothing and he cant be at league minimum either..I think he is more hoping..than it is negotiating and too bad for him cause he is NFL talent..but he is also in the NFL a situational guy so that too is against him..his role could be done by a rookie at minimum salary and able to be swapped back an forth on a PR..Willie cant..

And loss of wage is a big concern.. he may get a tiny bonus but if he works all through camp entirely and gets cut..he isnt being paid and more or less would be out well over 6 figures for the year from a CFL deal for signed for 2020 and would prob if lucky get a third of what he would have got if he ends up back here..that's a big hit.

I also hope regardless of what Willie does that McAllister is brought back

2 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Why is everyone okay with letting Adams walk? He was still our most impactful receiver in playoffs

11-10
22 CGY 2 6 105 1 52.5 71
11-17
23 SSK 4 8 93 0 23.3 63

60+ yard touchdown against Calgary.
60 yard reception against Sask when we were pinned at our goal line.
Quiet in the cup with 2 of 3 with one drop for 11 yards, but still.

We can't afford to lose our one international receiver who has actually shown he is capable of explosion plays. 

He will get an offer from Ottawa,  book it.

I don't want to see him leave.

It sounds like Willie is 'more hoping' and being a little over optimistic...Could be wrong but I don't see him making the Dolphins as there should have been a contract offer by now...going by others who have signed quickly...Of course the 'sea mammals' might have a different way of dong business but it does look strange...Good luck to Jefferson if he can pull it off.... but think he's in tough