Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

It was alexander for hecht and getting Taylor in that solidified the group. Jones developing too. 

But yeah losing sayles and rose, probably the two best is gonna be a tall task.

for years Calgary kept losing top guys and just kept replacing them, so now that's we have to do too. 

29 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I recall how "the sky is falling" types were wringing their hands last year when we lost two all-stars on the o-line and how there was going to be such a dramatic drop off.  I think that there might actually be a plan for situations like this, so Walters and co. will do their stuff.  Not too worried.

If we can easily replace Canadian starters..and top notch ones at that I have no worries with DB's as we may have some options in house already, and there is some nice talent that will be available

Also players talk and the chance to play for Oshea..and as well learn from Younger and you can bet that has been communicated between players on the Bombers to the guys in league they know to tell them as Willie put it "come on down to Winnipeg"

4 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

I recall how "the sky is falling" types were wringing their hands last year when we lost two all-stars on the o-line and how there was going to be such a dramatic drop off.  I think that there might actually be a plan for situations like this, so Walters and co. will do their stuff.  Not too worried.

There is actually a spectrum that ranges from "the sky is falling" and "no big deal".

Just because you don't consider losing two play making All-Stars out of the secondary a big deal you are not automatically put in the "sky is falling category".

Edited by Geebrr

55 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I see you left Kelowna for Windsor.

How is it so far?

Kelowna is one of the most beautiful places to live in. It has everything one could need or want. Great climate, beautiful scenery and hardly any wind. You know, most people figure Windsor is associated with salt. I think the hint is in the first 4 letters of the name. It’s windier here. I don’t think it rivals Winnipeg for wind, but....

The climates are similar but Windsor has more humidity. Going from Winnipeg to Kelowna was an experience and moving to Windsor topped that. Windsor is bigger and more spread out so there is more car travel but I’m getting used to it now.

Windsor is the most southerly part of Canada and is actually more south than Detroit, our neighbour. It’s weird. But at least I got to see the Jets play the Red Wings and the Eastern final between Hamilton and Edmonton.  

So far, so good..

13 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Definitely weird.  I remember my 1st time there and I was looking north across the river at Detroit and it felt so backwards.

Exactly. I’m having a little trouble with directions here. Detroit should not be north of Windsor..It’s like Duron Carter being Captain of your football team.

Just weird.

On 2020-01-02 at 12:56 PM, Booch said:

Hecht being replaced was a huge upgrade...he was such a liability out there in coverages.

Why was he ever there then? Was he the very best we could do at the time, or what? Hecht playing safety for us for most of the season reminded me of Hurl playing MLB for us the entire season he was here. Just painfully, brutally, obviously a crap player that didn't belong here yet there he was. I don't know what changed to finally cause Hecht to be relieved of his duties but thank God he was. We don't win squat with him as our safety.

15 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Definitely weird.  I remember my 1st time there and I was looking north across the river at Detroit and it felt so backwards.

My first time there I found it odd to hear the gun shots coming across the river from Detroit. Had a Detroit cop give us directions back to the bridge once and he told us not to stop because we were in the wrong neighbourhood. Detroit is not a good place.

BTW, with apologies to Steve Perry, there is no such place as "South Detroit" unless he actually meant Windsor. LOL!

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mr Dee missed a huge storm in Kelowna this week. From the photos I saw, looks to be about 30 cms of fresh snow. Power outtages all over Kelowna. 

Good reason to buy a wood-stove!

It's actually not been that bad here this winter, other than the odd large snowfall, which is not unexpected.  I just hope that we don't get the February deep freeze again like last year.

10 minutes ago, J5V said:

My first time there I found it odd to hear the gun shots coming across the river from Detroit. Had a Detroit cop give us directions back to the bridge once and he told us not to stop because we were in the wrong neighbourhood. Detroit is not a good place.

BTW, with apologies to Steve Perry, there is no such place as "South Detroit" unless he actually meant Windsor. LOL!

Try going across the border at Niagara Falls and checking out Buffalo sometime.  It's like going from paradise and entering a third-world war zone.  So strange the dichotomy given the close proximity.  Could have something to do with political ideologies...who knows...

41 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Try going across the border at Niagara Falls and checking out Buffalo sometime.  It's like going from paradise and entering a third-world war zone.  So strange the dichotomy given the close proximity.  Could have something to do with political ideologies...who knows...

On our way to the Eastern Final in Hamilton we visited Niagara Falls and of course, I took a bunch of pictures. What’s weird is that the pictures I took of the Canadian side were beautiful colour pictures, while the American side was black and white. 
This is almost true.. 😃 

25 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Not a free agent but...

Med's likes it here..wants to win and is a true teamate...so re-structuring to keep prominent pieces, or to get a new piece is something he'd do...It's something him and Bryant have done previously here before as well to help the team,