Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

No one is taking Harris out. He could offer more in short yardage and teams then Augustine though. And you don't need to be taking eithers spot to practise. 

Id like to see both start and demski be the rotational package guy playing out of the backfield as much as any thing. Line him up in a 2 back set then watch some one try to cover him deep from a back field assignment 

Maybe we will see more creative use of our talent now that LaPolice is gone.

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Demski still getting no respect...

He's a valuable play maker with the ball in his hands but he is not reliable as a pass catcher in getting open or catching little on blocking. 

Giving him a package with 10 plays where he is the first read designed around his skill set would allow him to produce much more with much fewer reps. And in the mean time get a more steady player on the field when he isn't being targeted. 

3 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

You think a different OC will implement more throws downfield for Matty ?

We won this year, not because of a powerful offence, but because Collaros was a perfect fit and played his best football, but the defence was totally dominant. We cannot realistically expect that to come together so well again. We need a better, more unpredictable offence in the new year. If that means a new QB, so be it, but I am happy that LaPolice is gone.  

22 hours ago, Tracker said:

We won this year, not because of a powerful offence, but because Collaros was a perfect fit and played his best football, but the defence was totally dominant. We cannot realistically expect that to come together so well again. We need a better, more unpredictable offence in the new year. If that means a new QB, so be it, but I am happy that LaPolice is gone.  

At first, I was happy Lapo is gone- then I realized after watching the 107th GC for the umpteenth time, He has a really amazing playbook... those schemes he draws up... are ******* beautiful. Play calling is another animal- he really needs to work on that... But I challenge you to find a more creative, fresh and inspired playbook. 

I am happy for Lapo- he deserves another shot at HC and I am going to miss him. He was beginning to call better games and he was showing growth in that facet.We are weaker without him.

LaPo is a tough one to judge..... on the radio they went way over board and talked about him landing an NFL gig.     I don't think he's that brilliant.  

Clearly in the play off run with a mobile QB that isn't afraid to throw the ball...  his offense can work.  It worked in Saskatchewan and it worked here when Nichols was healthy and with ZC.

However from my own opinion,  he seemed like the type of guy that tried way to much cute stuff and went away from giving his receivers chances to make plays.   

On 2019-12-30 at 9:56 AM, NorthernSkunk said:

You think a different OC will implement more throws downfield for Matty ?

I think that has more to do with Nichols than playcalling.  Nichols settled into this ball protection mindset and completely lost the mid-range 10-20 yard passing game.  Good for him, kept him employed and on the field because he's relatively safe.  Give the team a chance to win without turnovers.  With Collaros being a little more confident in his ability to make those throws our offense was a little more dynamic and less reliant on Harris making something out of nothing in the passing game.

If we choose..our playbook and plays can be the same...Lapo leaving doesnt mean the playbook does too..its the Bombers

My hope is we build off...some..of his stuff and expand to things to truly take advantage of certain play makers..it will actually allow Harris to be more successful as well..

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

At first, I was happy Lapo is gone- then I realized after watching the 107th GC for the umpteenth time, He has a really amazing playbook... those schemes he draws up... are ******* beautiful. Play calling is another animal- he really needs to work on that... But I challenge you to find a more creative, fresh and inspired playbook. 

I am happy for Lapo- he deserves another shot at HC and I am going to miss him. He was beginning to call better games and he was showing growth in that facet.We are weaker without him.

his play calling has been **** the entire time. I don't think he can change at this point. 

On 2019-12-27 at 1:47 PM, rebusrankin said:

Great news for Rose, bad news for us. He has NFL Practice Roster time left too.

Confirmed that he has signed a futures contract. 

As per Bleacher Report: Typically, futures contracts are minimum-salary deals with little or no signing bonus. Most players signed to futures contracts will be fighting for a spot in camp; teams aren't going to invest much into players who may well be cut the following autumn.

20 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Confirmed that he has signed a futures contract. 

As per Bleacher Report: Typically, futures contracts are minimum-salary deals with little or no signing bonus. Most players signed to futures contracts will be fighting for a spot in camp; teams aren't going to invest much into players who may well be cut the following autumn.

Yes and there's a cap on bonus money they can give on those deals as well.  Not sure what it is now a few years ago it was $75,000 for all the futures contracts for each team.