Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

"What the Bombers are doing? Every other teams are signing their free-agents and the Bombers are sleeping?" 😴

OK, guys... I'm just practicing the rant. I haven't seen anyone dropped that line yet. I'm wondering if it gonna appear this off-season. 
Carry on. 😂

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

"What the Bombers are doing? Every other teams are signing their free-agents and the Bombers are sleeping?" 😴

OK, guys... I'm just practicing the rant. I haven't seen anyone dropped that line yet. I'm wondering if it gonna appear this off-season. 
Carry on. 😂

OMG - We don't even have an OC announced yet and it's December 18th!! What are Walters and O'Shea doing??? 

Am I doing it right? 

44 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Carry on. 😂

We’ve already signed three free agents and our coach/GM...  you’re thinking of the Mack years

Nichols saved a couple of jobs when Walters picked him up from the discard pile and gave long-suffering Bomber fans hope for the first time in a long while, so he deserves to be honored for that. However time changes almost everything. Nichols is on the wrong side of 30 and has suffered some serious potentially career-ending injuries and nothing is going to change that. LaPolice needs a pivot who is a plug-and-play for LaPolice's offence and Nichols would be a good fit for that and has credibility as well. Walters and O'Shea have a tough choice to make, and not everyone is going to be pleased with the outcome, no matter what it will be.

20 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Nichols saved a couple of jobs when Walters picked him up from the discard pile and gave long-suffering Bomber fans hope for the first time in a long while, so he deserves to be honored for that. However time changes almost everything. Nichols is on the wrong side of 30 and has suffered some serious potentially career-ending injuries and nothing is going to change that. LaPolice needs a pivot who is a plug-and-play for LaPolice's offence and Nichols would be a good fit for that and has credibility as well. Walters and O'Shea have a tough choice to make, and not everyone is going to be pleased with the outcome, no matter what it will be.

Qb is actually gonna leave the team in some tough decisions, all veteran qbs have some serious injury history where you don’t know how much longer they have or if they can still perform. Then you got young guys, Arbuckle who played in Calgary so of course his passing numbers will look good and strev who has not shown he can be a consistent starter. Gonna be a tough choice and leave some fans unhappy 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

OMG - We don't even have an OC announced yet and it's December 18th!! What are Walters and O'Shea doing??? 

Am I doing it right? 

🤣

I think for a championship team we have done a lot and more then one would expect before the hollidays. Hoping bryant re ups early too but its all a great sign that we wont have a championship hang over next year.

I feel like its gonna be a bit of a late announcement for buck taking over as oc. No real advantage in doing it early. I suspect itll  be a few weeks before FA. Though its kind of a for gone conclusion at this point. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

🤣

I think for a championship team we have done a lot and more then one would expect before the hollidays. Hoping bryant re ups early too but its all a great sign that we wont have a championship hang over next year.

I feel like its gonna be a bit of a late announcement for buck taking over as oc. No real advantage in doing it early. I suspect itll  be a few weeks before FA. Though its kind of a for gone conclusion at this point. 

They can't even find an OC, all the good ones are taken, and you expect them to re-sign Bryant?? To protect who?? We only have one QB under contract. This is a disaster. 

Yoshi re-signed because no on else wants him. Our NI receiver Woli, only receiver who doesn't catch passes, re-signed because he wants stay close to home. 

And how are we going to attract a QB? We pay our QBs so little that they can't afford t-shirts and have to borrow coats from their MIL (or GFs mother? I can't keep up).

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I agree that Sayles will be missed. I wonder if his height keeps him from getting a deal. Interesting that the Cardinals brought in Streveler. Could see it with the offense Kingsbury runs. Hope we get both back (selfishly).

He will be missed and so will Rose. I don't think Sayles height will keep him from getting a contract but it will make it difficult for him to win a job.   I just don't know what he's going to do on a smaller field with super accurate passes to tall receivers. Gonna be a challenge for him.

The bombers recently signed Malik Boynkin who was a safety in camp last season.  I see Alexender moving back to corner or halfback.  We can find another american safety without too much trouble. So what it looks like is we have Matson, Alexander, Jones, and Taylor going into next season right now. Not a bad starting point. 

Of the two DB's looking at NFL opportunities I would say Sayles will have a better chance, or more likely a chance at an offer moreso than Rose.

Rose albeit very good, does not fit the mold they look for as an NFL db visually/staturewise...which is BS as the NFL fixates too much on this stuff, but it's the CFL's gain for these tweeners and smallish guys they turn nose down on.

Sayles may get a camp invite, but have a hard time seeing him stick though, did a few PR stints and being 25 now, will be competing for a roster spot/PR spot with draftees...both guys are in tough, and may be gone till mid-season, but can see them back at some point

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Even losing Sayles and Rose - our DBs look in decent shape

I am partial to leaving Alexander at Safety - I thought his speed and ability to read plays made a huge difference for us down the stretch

Yeah having a cover guy there as opposed to basically just run support, which was what we were getting from Loffler, and later Hecht allowed us to do a lot more coverage and scheme wise last year. 

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah having a cover guy there as opposed to basically just run support, which was what we were getting from Loffler, and later Hecht allowed us to do a lot more coverage and scheme wise last year. 

Not sure you should lump Loffler and Hecht together... ha - Hecht was just never a starting talent

I'd really look at a combo of Hallet/Exume at Field Corner...  Hallet could surprise at this TC

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Not sure you should lump Loffler and Hecht together... ha - Hecht was just never a starting talent

I'd really look at a combo of Hallet/Exume at Field Corner...  Hallet could surprise at this TC

ye true...But Loffler's cover skills were putrid...rarely in a position to make or defend a play properly