Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

It's been pretty well documented in media..by coaches as well as players that they all have said Matt is a fiery leader, and garners a lot of respect...and a team first guy as well...refuting that, or trying to twist it, or make it seem otherwise is kinda childish if you ask me

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

LOL that the end of the first half is 'garbage time'...  

Game was tied at the beginning of the 4th... that is the opposite of garbage time - MBT didn't 'beat' us but he did enough...

No one is saying MBT is a great QB but I do think he's out best placeholder until Streveler is ready

it isnt garbage time if you pull out a win just silliness. 

Most players have been around long enough to know that change in team rosters is inevitable even its not pleasant. Walters has more data than all of us to make the decision as to whether Nichols is the best option or if its time to move on and that decision may not even be in his hands. LaPolice will raid the Bombers for players that are both available and improvements on what he has in Ottawa. If a new quarterback is the best way forward, that is the way it will be. Nichols may be the pivot LaPolice sees as the best choice, DeLauriers may well overpay to sign him and away he will go.

Edited by Tracker

1 hour ago, Booch said:

It's been pretty well documented in media..by coaches as well as players that they all have said Matt is a fiery leader, and garners a lot of respect...and a team first guy as well...refuting that, or trying to twist it, or make it seem otherwise is kinda childish if you ask me

I've heard about him being a hard worker and a team player, I have not heard much about him being a team leader. 

I may be wrong but I can't remember tsn showing clips of him before the game firing up the club.

I've seen multiple clips of Harris doing so.

I have seen myself several interviews on tv and on radio where he was not accountable for his poor play. And it's noticeably different attitude when ZC and Strev are at the helm compared to Nichols.

Not sure why bbn people think Lapp will magically raid us of players? Why could he..please enlighten me on that.

Why would a player leave a good situation..a grey cup champ...possibility to win again and all around stability...to follow an OC??

Using that logic we should have had oodles of Argo stars and free agents coming here..it didnt happen

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Give us examples of Streveler being a leader. Answer: you cant. No fan is able too with either guy, cause (shocking!!) None of us are in the ******* huddle. Stop being uber skunk its annoying. 

This is by no means an example of Strev being a leader, but man, for a QB, does that guy ever go out and block after handing the ball to Harris.

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Using that logic we should have had oodles of Argo stars and free agents coming here..it didnt happen

You mean Julian Feoli-Guidino didn't count for this?!??

49 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Yeah who did O’Shea bring from the Argos? Darvin Adams but he signed a year and was not a highly sought after FA.

Didnt remple white JFG and a few other teamers come over as well? But yeah its not the wally buono era here.

If any thing I can see them picking at some of our depth, but not much. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Didnt remple white JFG and a few other teamers come over as well? But yeah its not the wally buono era here.

If any thing I can see them picking at some of our depth, but not much. 

Ejiro Kuale, also, I do believe... 

3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

This is by no means an example of Strev being a leader, but man, for a QB, does that guy ever go out and block after handing the ball to Harris

Oh I know. I even agree with the original premise that Streveler seems to give the team a boost and some pep in their step. But to ask for an example of how someone is a leader to a team none of us are on is borderline trolling at best.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Not sure why bbn people think Lapp will magically raid us of players? Why could he..please enlighten me on that.

Why would a player leave a good situation..a grey cup champ...possibility to win again and all around stability...to follow an OC??

A. The Argos had crap for talent, even then.

B. Good old-fashioned money.

51 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Oh I know. I even agree with the original premise that Streveler seems to give the team a boost and some pep in their step. But to ask for an example of how someone is a leader to a team none of us are on is borderline trolling at best.

If somebody is claiming that a player has done anything...... then examples are always looked for.  

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think you underestimate the popularity of Nichols in the locker room as well as him being a team leader. 

Whatever it takes to discredit anything positive about Nichols. It's a rather pathetic and childish narrative.

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

I may be wrong...

Oh, no. It's confirmed. Your opinions concerning Matt Nichols are biased garbage. What adds to the absurdity is how you pass off those embarrassing opinions as fact with nothing more than your own "observations" to back them up. I wonder who knows better, actual players and coaches or some clueless fan...

And what's even more hilarious is how you called Collaros a "crap QB" when Walters traded for him but now can't stop gushing about him like some lovestruck teenager experiencing her first crush.

Nearly a month into celebrating a championship and there are still a few here who'd rather break their arms reaching to such lengths to take a **** on a player.

Anyway, I'd take one of either here paired with Streveler. Both have their pros and cons but the tandem system is what worked well and I think over a full season with more seasoned receivers in Lawler and Bailey could be similarly effective when combined with a strong defense.

11 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't know, he seemed to be "leading" the Grey Cup Parade pretty effectively.

16 hours ago, Brandon said:

I've heard about him being a hard worker and a team player, I have not heard much about him being a team leader. 

I may be wrong but I can't remember tsn showing clips of him before the game firing up the club.

I've seen multiple clips of Harris doing so.

I have seen myself several interviews on tv and on radio where he was not accountable for his poor play. And it's noticeably different attitude when ZC and Strev are at the helm compared to Nichols.

I've seen multiple clips of Duron Carter doing it as well. Does that make him a locker room leader?

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

it isnt garbage time if you pull out a win just silliness. 

A 4 score lead is garbage time. The fact that Toronto took advantage of it, and we let them, doesn't change that. Richie Hall, as he normally does with a big lead, put our defence into a prevent defence and that makes any QB look great. Problem is he did it much too early in the game.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

A 4 score lead is garbage time. The fact that Toronto took advantage of it, and we let them, doesn't change that. Richie Hall, as he normally does with a big lead, put our defence into a prevent defence and that makes any QB look great. Problem is he did it much too early in the game.

Context is everything.

40 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Always a good view from the front seat of the right bandwagon lol.

Dude - this was obviously a joke, and even if taken seriously, it supported your argument Streveler is a better leader than Nichols. I'm tapping out and eliminating the middle man - enjoy arguing with yourself.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Oh, no. It's confirmed. Your opinions concerning Matt Nichols are biased garbage. What adds to the absurdity is how you pass off those embarrassing opinions as fact with nothing more than your own "observations" to back them up. I wonder who knows better, actual players and coaches or some clueless fan...

And what's even more hilarious is how you called Collaros a "crap QB" when Walters traded for him but now can't stop gushing about him like some lovestruck teenager experiencing her first crush.

Wrong and wrong.  

ZC -  I thought he was done when we got him,  definitely.     But I was very big on him after his time in Toronto and kept posting about how I wish the Bombers would make a move for him.  I was a huge fan of his talent.     Even at this point I want them to sign ZC ,  but only as a stop gap until Strev (or McGuire) are ready to take over which I don't think neither are at this point.    I've never doubted his abilities to play,  his ability to take a hit this I'm still not sure about. 

My opinions on Nichols,  it's not an opinion when the facts speak for themselves.   I posted facts about how much his passing game has diminished since his original injury.  It's not my opinion when he gets pressured and falls apart if his dump off to Harris isn't available.  It's not my opinion when he clearly stinks up the joint and then make zero mention of him not being able to make the passes needed to win and instead uses other excuses.     

Quick look at his stats when he joined us and look at his stats since his first injury.  

Also let me know what his play off record win/loss is compared to ZC?  

I've never said Nichols is a locker room cancer kind of guy,  but to make him out as some leader that motivates and brings up the locker room....  I've never seen this.  

Sometimes a player is done,  I remember back during Khari's final playing days with us it was crystal clear that the guy was done as a QB.  Though some fans still fantasized about him being the same guy as he was in his glory days and it was just sad watching him on the field.   It's the same with Nichols.    At this point Nichols should not be the franchise guy,  he's a short term solution or a good veteran back up to keep on the roster.  

2 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Dude - this was obviously a joke, and even if taken seriously, it supported your argument Streveler is a better leader than Nichols. I'm tapping out and eliminating the middle man - enjoy arguing with yourself.

I know, I was joking as well.  Have a nice day.