Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yep, the first qb I think of when MBT plays is Streveler. Their play is so different that in reality, it's actually the same.  Skunk is brilliant. 

The way MBT had to run around while trying to help the Argos win any games... made him and Big Chris look real similar at times.... not that it was intended by the Argo OC....  

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

In fairness the guy came in as a back up and won the job and did well despite playing on a complete dumpster fire of a team.    

More then likely he will surpass Nichols this season if he continues with the same kind of production as he had last season.

Last year he was better then any nichols year other then 2017. While he had a piss poor ol, run game, team and offensive game plan. And 2017 nichols had the best OL in the modern of the cfl.

The same people who dump on him seem to be the same people who want to credit QBs with wins. Despite him beating us once, and averaging more passing yards against us over 2 games then any blue bomber qb has thrown for in a game in 2 and a half years. (i know i know passing yards are meaningless, even though rushing yards and harris' receiving yards are super important, yards are yards)

I think a large chunk of people who hate MBT do so out of a fear that he does succeed and we will have passed on him at a position where we havent had a real star since khari jones. 

35 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I felt MBTs and Strevelers play is similar

We're talking about the same MBT who had 160 rushing yards this season? To compare, Streveler rushed for more yards in his best two games this year (August 23 - 95 yards, and October 19 - 85 yards)... as a backup (his total rushing for the year was 726 yards).

1 minute ago, Eternal optimist said:

We're talking about the same MBT who had 160 rushing yards this season? To compare, Streveler rushed for more yards in his best two games this year (August 23 - 95 yards, and October 19 - 85 yards)... as a backup (his total rushing for the year was 726 yards).

What I was remembering was the plays for MBT when they broke down, when he tried to make something out of nothing.....when he ran head first into the opposition because he wanted to win.  On those plays he looked like he was attacking the defence just like Big Chris would..

To be fair Strev was 11 tds to 5 ints last year.

This year a few were hail.mary try to make something happen at end of games and a couple were receiver screw ups..that and the fact he was never allowed to get in any rhythm as a passer.

Given the reigns as a starter eventually over a course of a year I can see him as a 20's to 30's td passer if used properly with 8 to 15 picks...but also give u 10 or so on the ground too...much like he produced in his senior year

MBT is not going to remind anyone of Doug Flutie, but considering what he had to work with in coaches and offensive teammates, he did better that he ought to have. Moreover. he took some heavy hits and did not wilt, so with the possibility that Nichols may not be ready by training camp day, Walters would be wise to consider all viable options.

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

MBT is a bit of a flake though, I don't think he inspires the guys around him very well. He's got a great arm but lacks leadership qualities imo. I could be out to lunch on that but just watching him on the sidelines and in his interviews the guy is...what's the word...a little different.

What about Franklin? One game the Argos were down something like 44-0 at halftime & he was smiling in his TSN interview like they were ahead. 

I can't see MBT being on Walters radar at all.

It's one of Nichols/Collaros then Strev as 2b all the way dependent on the NFL for Strev. Both Nichols/Collaros have shown they do one thing here - win.

Management almost never waiver when they have a surefire competitive team to field on paper. It's fun to speculate, but magic beans almost never get traded for established players.

Edited by Dr Zaius

5 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I can't see MBT being on Walters radar at all.

It's one of Nichols/Collaros then Strev as 2b all the way dependent on the NFL for Strev. Both Nichols/Collaros have shown they do one thing here - win.

Management almost never waiver when they have a surefire competitive team to field on paper. It's fun to speculate, but magic beans almost never get traded for over established players.

Pretty much how I see it, If Strev doesn't land a NFL spot, Then it's going to be him playing same role as he did last year, perhaps more liberally than last with whomever we decide to pursue..Nichols, or Zack and I am fine with either as I think they are only a stop gap for a year, maybe two until Strev completes his development which I am more than confident he will.

If Strev is gone then we role with one or other as mentioned and we have Mcguire step into the Strev role, maybe not so much as a run threat tho he is a good runner, but he brings a howitzer and will stretch the field..Best arm of all 4 guys we dressed last year and took snaps

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What about Franklin? One game the Argos were down something like 44-0 at halftime & he was smiling in his TSN interview like they were ahead. 

Yeah...the Argos really were rudderless at QB this year. Not a single guy in that room that could rally the troops.

I think people are overvaluing what MBT was able to do in Toronto... he did it with no external pressure from an uncaring fan base and media as it became quickly apparent Toronto was the leagues' doormat with their 0-6 start. People are out of touch if they think paid football players don't take teams lightly on occasion.... should it happen? No. Does it happen? Absolutely.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yeah...the Argos really were rudderless at QB this year. Not a single guy in that room that could rally the troops.

They were rudderless because of Chamblin & Chapdelaine. The 2 supposed leaders who couldn't lead & it filtered down thru the assistant coaching ranks to the players. I have no idea if Ryan Dinwiddie can lead.  The good ship Argo has so many leaks that duct tape won't solve the problem. Only a complete overhaul will do. 

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They were rudderless because of Chamblin & Chapdelaine. The 2 supposed leaders who couldn't lead & it filtered down thru the assistant coaching ranks to the players. I have no idea if Ryan Dinwiddie can lead.  The good ship Argo has so many leaks that duct tape won't solve the problem. Only a complete overhaul will do. 

For sure. They were devoid of leadership and character throughout the entire organization from ownership through to waterboy.