Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody want to venture a guess on what Nichols, Collaros and Streveler will command $wise?

Kind of irrelevant tho as you can only roster 2 guys next year, so none of them is gonna wanna be on the sidelines in their jeans

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

“It’s definitely a strong pull. It’s well documented how I feel about Coach O’Shea. It was just an amazing experience, and it really made me love the game. I’ve always loved football, but when you go through tough times and go through the situations that aren’t ideal, you start not to love going to work. But that six, seven weeks, or however long I was there, really reaffirmed my love for the game,” - Collaros 

“If you ask any quarterback what one of the biggest factors is, it’s offensive line. Man, they were just amazing… it’s very comforting being behind those guys. Not only because of how talented they are. It’s just their work ethic, and you see it every day,”  - Collaros 

https://3downnation.com/2019/12/11/zach-collaros-would-be-open-to-re-signing-with-winnipeg/

Playing in SSK made him want to hang 'em up, playing here made him want to keep playing LOL. That's the Saskatchewan factor alright...

I think Matt will get around what he got with a slight bump up...he won't be given huge upfront money like before, maybe half what he got last contract, but a larger base salary, same situation for Collaros I would think...Both I bet in and around 475-525k...how it's broken up is up to the GM but half as a signing bonus won't fly

Strev I can see getting a 100k salary signing bonus..100k base and some kind of per start bonus ..likely 5k which if he met them all would net him 90k more and bring his total to just shy of 300k..which is fair and reasonable and something he would be happy with

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think Matt will get around what he got with a slight bump up...he won't be given huge upfront money like before, maybe half what he got last contract, but a larger base salary, same situation for Collaros I would think...Both I bet in and around 475-525k...how it's broken up is up to the GM but half as a signing bonus won't fly

Strev I can see getting a 100k salary signing bonus..100k base and some kind of per start bonus ..likely 5k which if he met them all would net him 90k more and bring his total to just shy of 300k..which is fair and reasonable and something he would be happy with

I like that Strev deal, I think that would work for all parties.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around paying Nichols over $500 000. I am not sure that management would agree with the sentiment that he deserves a pay bump, I would prefer something with more performance based compensation. I guess if he comes back and just doesn't have it you can release him but can't afford big up front at all.

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

I like that Strev deal, I think that would work for all parties.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around paying Nichols over $500 000. I am not sure that management would agree with the sentiment that he deserves a pay bump, I would prefer something with more performance based compensation. I guess if he comes back and just doesn't have it you can release him but can't afford big up front at all.

Yeah both he and Collaros got 200k+ upfront bonuses before, and doubt they ever see that again, it's automatically up against your cap and if they get ko'd early on and are 6 gamed...you basically have no savings at all. Maybe it's written in yr 2 that they get a sizeable bonus if they are injury free, but going into this year ain't gonna happen

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Playing in SSK made him want to hang 'em up, playing here made him want to keep playing LOL. That's the Saskatchewan factor alright...

there is something to be said about the finer things in life... like running water and electricity...

7 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

“It’s definitely a strong pull. It’s well documented how I feel about Coach O’Shea. It was just an amazing experience, and it really made me love the game. I’ve always loved football, but when you go through tough times and go through the situations that aren’t ideal, you start not to love going to work. But that six, seven weeks, or however long I was there, really reaffirmed my love for the game,” - Collaros 

“If you ask any quarterback what one of the biggest factors is, it’s offensive line. Man, they were just amazing… it’s very comforting being behind those guys. Not only because of how talented they are. It’s just their work ethic, and you see it every day,”  - Collaros 

https://3downnation.com/2019/12/11/zach-collaros-would-be-open-to-re-signing-with-winnipeg/

So it's not a slam dunk that Collaros is moving on as some posted here. I like it, it's about time the lure of playing in Winnipeg was a good thing.

43 minutes ago, Geebrr said:
The #Bombers have been trying to get American linebacker Otha Peters Jr. up to Canada for a while now. The CFL transaction wire tells us they will try again. He’s made a few NFL stops after coming out of Louisiana-Lafayette.

We had this guy before... no?

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I still think it is highly likely he goes back to Toronto.

The Bombers haven't even started talking contract with him yet 

I had originally thought for sure we'd end up being just like the start of last year.......but recently I've got a bit of a gut feeling (and it's quite the gut, so I trust it...) that we see Nichols follow Lapo to Ottawa and the Bombers overpay for Collaros, because he's the best of what's left....

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I had originally thought for sure we'd end up being just like the start of last year.......but recently I've got a bit of a gut feeling (and it's quite the gut, so I trust it...) that we see Nichols follow Lapo to Ottawa and the Bombers overpay for Collaros, because he's the best of what's left....

I'd be nonplussed 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I hear what you are saying. Nichols reaction Twitter to the Lapo announcement, the notification I received from Twitter that both Lapo and Nichols started following @redblacks ...

They only part I might disagree with it overpaying Collaros, I think we make him a fair offer and he takes it or not. If he goes to FA he's not coming back here. My greatest fear is that we end up overpaying for Nichols after being shunned by Collaros before FA opens.

We are 3 weeks out from the Grey Cup Victory, why hasn't a new contract for Osh been announced yet?

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yikes. That's lose-lose for everyone involved. Nichols will get eaten alive behind that porous O-line, Collaros if he can stay healthy might do alright here, but that's a biiig if...