Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Ranting?

Nice hyperbole. I said I get no enjoyment out of 2020 seeing a garbage season just because we won in 2019.

If you are fine sitting there watching trash with a dopey grin on your face because of the season prior, good for you. 

You are in the vast minority. Maybe you dont actually attend games though.

And done. 

Attacks poster for Hyperbole

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Ranting?

Nice hyperbole. I said I get no enjoyment out of 2020 seeing a garbage season just because we won in 2019.

If you are fine sitting there watching trash with a dopey grin on your face because of the season prior, good for you. 

You are in the vast minority. Maybe you dont actually attend games though.

Then in the very next post, proceeds to make point with... Hyperbole.

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

So am I. 

But apparently we could go 0-18 and get blown out every game and some would not really care.

It's Magical!

Yup- it's the off season and being Grey Cup Champs has little effect on the fans going stir-crazy with NO CFL FOOTBALL!!!

Soon... sooon my pretties... we will be in the preseason...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

This year was magic...but football is a what have you done for me lately business. Next year is next year and if we struggle I want heads to roll just as if we were in a 30 year GC drought. We are the GC champs and should not be approaching next year, or in the age of 1 year contracts, any year as a rebuild. We have the foundation in place now my expectations are on field success every year.

Edited by GCn20

Did anyone else watch the monday nighter?  Couldn't help but notice that Blue Bomber neg lister Greg Ward was getting pretty good volume in the game.  He's the guy we got from the Stamps in exchange for DE Patrick Choudja.  Ward has been seen as a raw athlete who is a developmental project for the Eagles but with all the injuries he's been getting playing time.  He definitely runs a nice post route and has speed. He dropped a fairly difficult touchdown pass when he was distracted by a defensive back who jumped in and may have bumped his head slightly. He looks like a pretty good CFL prospect should he not take his career a step further in the NFL.  

Wonder if Kongbo and Willie will be working out together today in Miami..and wonder if it's going to be a choice of one..over the other for Miami if it comes down to they wanna sign a guy...You would think Kongbo would get the nod based on age..potential...size..I do know they are both there today

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Wonder if Kongbo and Willie will be working out together today in Miami..and wonder if it's going to be a choice of one..over the other for Miami if it comes down to they wanna sign a guy...You would think Kongbo would get the nod based on age..potential...size..I do know they are both there today

The other factor might be what they are willing to accept.  I could see Kongbo being willing to take a deal with no signing bonus and eventually a practice roster role to start the season and develop for a period of time. Whereas I don't see Jefferson going down without a significant signing bonus and in a scenario where he has a good chance of at least being on the active roster. Kongbo far more likely to sign in NFL IMO.  Jefferson had NFL interest last year but had some high demands because he didn't want to just be a training camp body.

8 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Attacks poster for Hyperbole

Then in the very next post, proceeds to make point with... Hyperbole.

It's Magical!

Yup- it's the off season and being Grey Cup Champs has little effect on the fans going stir-crazy with NO CFL FOOTBALL!!!

Soon... sooon my pretties... we will be in the preseason...

Yeah, my hyperbole was intentional.

If you need to grandstand you will get the appropriate reaction.

It's MAGICAL

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

This year was magic...but football is a what have you done for me lately business. Next year is next year and if we struggle I want heads to roll just as if we were in a 30 year GC drought. We are the GC champs and should not be approaching next year, or in the age of 1 year contracts, any year as a rebuild. We have the foundation in place now my expectations are on field success every year.

Oh, don't you dare.

Just watch highlights from last year.

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The other factor might be what they are willing to accept.  I could see Kongbo being willing to take a deal with no signing bonus and eventually a practice roster role to start the season and develop for a period of time. Whereas I don't see Jefferson going down without a significant signing bonus and in a scenario where he has a good chance of at least being on the active roster. Kongbo far more likely to sign in NFL IMO.  Jefferson had NFL interest last year but had some high demands because he didn't want to just be a training camp body.

Jefferson has to be on active roster, and for more than league minimum..so unless they offer him a signing bonus of over 90k...which is what he'd be out from a CFL deal while trying out in TC there (where players are not paid) then I doubt he signs a deal there...also I believe what he would need as a bonus is more than the amount that NFL teams are allowed now for bonuses for free-agent guys..I think, as they did cap it

Kongbo has PR time...no family to take care of..can afford to sit on a PR a while, and would be a league minimum guy SMS as well

Key signing if you ask me..Get Hardick and Bryant finalized and we are back to our Grey Cup starting (dominant) line...with Gray and Eli in pipeline and most likely means we are moving on from Couture..which is fine by me as Desjarlais/Eli and Gray all have better upside...He served us well for 4 years..we got him a ring..I bet we see him in Ottawa

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Key signing if you ask me..Get Hardick and Bryant finalized and we are back to our Grey Cup starting (dominant) line...with Gray and Eli in pipeline and most likely means we are moving on from Couture..which is fine by me as Desjarlais/Eli and Gray all have better upside...He served us well for 4 years..we got him a ring..I bet we see him in Ottawa

He will go to BC and reunite with Chungh. He's a BC boy.

Edited by M.O.A.B.