Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

30 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They brought McCalister back for one game mid-season and cut him for a second time, can't understand why they didn't keep him around on the PR at least as he performed well in the opportunities given.

He wasn't willing to go on the PR, however, I don't think there were any bad terms or anything and a good chance he would re-sign with us.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Uh uh we're repeating said loyal fan now feeling greedy after all these lean years.

Plus I worry about this team making money, and that means people at games.

This team is about to go into mostly Jets induced lock down now, and may not emerge until spring for the casual fan.

The team needs the casual fan who will be over this euphoria by lake season if they **** the bed.

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He wasn't willing to go on the PR, however, I don't think there were any bad terms or anything and a good chance he would re-sign with us.

No ill will there...he was able to work and make more money doing whatever it was back home as opposed to PR spot..with 3 guys ahead of him and no chance save for injuries..I hope he is back..One of guys who stood out to me at camp as a new comer along with Stove, Bailey and Walker...I have no doubt that if we didn't have Willie..Or Jeffcoat he would have been in our rotation in Roh's role until Kongbo stepped up

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

I will just never understand it. 

You will never understand that I will forever be thrilled with winning the Grey Cup in 2019? That's pretty sad. No matter how hard I fan, it won't affect the on-field product.

I would never expect anyone in this management to take any years off. I wouldn't blame them, though, if they thought this was a good time to reload in some areas and let higher priced talent go and relying on scouting to replace them. 

If you think that anyone in management and coaching is going to take their foot of the gas, you haven't been paying attention.

And, yeah, if this team starts 0-5, that's going to suck; however, I will the 107th Grey Cup to reflect upon rather than being that a-hole who boos the team if they struggle in season. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

You will never understand that I will forever be thrilled with winning the Grey Cup in 2019? That's pretty sad. No matter how hard I fan, it won't affect the on-field product.

I would never expect anyone in this management to take any years off. I wouldn't blame them, though, if they thought this was a good time to reload in some areas and let higher priced talent go and relying on scouting to replace them. 

If you think that anyone in management and coaching is going to take their foot of the gas, you haven't been paying attention.

And, yeah, if this team starts 0-5, that's going to suck; however, I will the 107th Grey Cup to reflect upon rather than being that a-hole who boos the team if they struggle in season. 

Winning the Cup this year isn't going to make losing next year ok, no.

That does not mean I won't enjoy this year. I have and will.

A team can definitely get too comfortable with not winning if the fans are indifferent 

And fans like you are the easy sell  You need to win to bring in and keep new fans.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

No ill will there...he was able to work and make more money doing whatever it was back home as opposed to PR spot..with 3 guys ahead of him and no chance save for injuries..I hope he is back..One of guys who stood out to me at camp as a new comer along with Stove, Bailey and Walker...I have no doubt that if we didn't have Willie..Or Jeffcoat he would have been in our rotation in Roh's role until Kongbo stepped up

He was sitting on his couch when the Bombers last called, hopefully he is still sitting there when they call again. 

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He was sitting on his couch when the Bombers last called, hopefully he is still sitting there when they call again. 

that was more a play on words....he was working hahah...and sitting too

29 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He did end up on the PR here for a couple weeks after the one game return stint. I wouldnt be surprised to see him back in camp next year. Great talent, he is easily good enough to be playing in the league. 

I'm 110% sure nobody in the WFC's employ is slacking off right now, much less resting on any laurels as the defending champions. And even if they are, I'm okay with it. It's been two weeks since the Grey Cup and with Christmas around the corner, it's a time to be enjoyed with friends and family. And behind the scenes, I imagine those in charge are hard at work preparing for what should be a busy off-season.

But the fans...? We can bask in that victory until next June's opening kick-off. I fully expect this fanbase to grow on account of a successful champion run, but nothing we fans do outside of putting our collective asses in the seats at home games has any effect whatsoever on the WFC's operations or organizational workings vis a vis the off-season and 2020 season.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are in this community's good graces for what should be a while, IMO. They've more than earned it.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

I'm 110% sure nobody in the WFC's employ is slacking off right now, much less resting on any laurels as the defending champions. And even if they are, I'm okay with it. It's been two weeks since the Grey Cup and with Christmas around the corner, it's a time to be enjoyed with friends and family. And behind the scenes, I imagine those in charge are hard at work preparing for what should be a busy off-season.

But the fans...? We can bask in that victory until next June's opening kick-off. I fully expect this fanbase to grow on account of a successful champion run, but nothing we fans do outside of putting our collective asses in the seats at home games has any effect whatsoever on the WFC's operations or organizational workings vis a vis the off-season and 2020 season.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are in this community's good graces for what should be a while, IMO. They've more than earned it.

And buy a ton of Grey Cup merch.  I know I am doing my part!

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I know people who didn't really care as it was happening, let alone 8 months from now.

Being fine with losing definitely results in team complacency. 

Just look at the Leafs. They make bank regardless and never win anything. 

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I agree. This management group isnt that type. This is a huge opportunity to grow the bombers market share. The team has a key opening at OC, Mos deal isnt done yet, and lots of big FA holes. I doubt they will have the money to bring every one back, mean while two of our top execs are top candidates to also be poached. 

2 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

My credit card agrees with this.

Every ones getting WBB GC merch for the holidays. 

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I know people who didn't really care as it was happening, let alone 8 months from now.

Being fine with losing definitely results in team complacency. 

Just look at the Leafs. They make bank regardless and never win anything. 

No one is fine with losing but ranting at a 0-5 Grey Cup defending champion seems pretty pathetic. No one wants them to lose. I want them to go 20-0 next year. 

This team has been winning for the past few years with little change in attendance. They will get a bump next year because of the GC not where they are in the standings. 

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Winning the Cup this year isn't going to make losing next year ok, no.

That does not mean I won't enjoy this year. I have and will.

A team can definitely get too comfortable with not winning if the fans are indifferent 

And fans like you are the easy sell  You need to win to bring in and keep new fans.

No but if we struggle out of the gate next season it will definitely dull the pain versus many years previous where we couldn’t say at least we won it last year. However at this stage all of this is a moot point because I’m pumped to win it all again next year. Why not?

57 minutes ago, JCon said:

No one is fine with losing but ranting at a 0-5 Grey Cup defending champion seems pretty pathetic. No one wants them to lose. I want them to go 20-0 next year. 

This team has been winning for the past few years with little change in attendance. They will get a bump next year because of the GC not where they are in the standings. 

Ranting?

Nice hyperbole. I said I get no enjoyment out of 2020 seeing a garbage season just because we won in 2019.

If you are fine sitting there watching trash with a dopey grin on your face because of the season prior, good for you. 

You are in the vast minority. Maybe you dont actually attend games though.

Edited by Geebrr

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

No but if we struggle out of the gate next season it will definitely dull the pain versus many years previous where we couldn’t say at least we won it last year. However at this stage all of this is a moot point because I’m pumped to win it all again next year. Why not?

So am I. 

But apparently we could go 0-18 and get blown out every game and some would not really care.