Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

I honestly don't care one iota what happens this off season, in terms of player retention. I got a Cup in my lifetime which I was legitimately worrying night not happen, so at this point I can just die happy. Ha ha. Whatever happens this next season... Meh. 

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I honestly don't care one iota what happens this off season, in terms of player retention. I got a Cup in my lifetime which I was legitimately worrying night not happen, so at this point I can just die happy. Ha ha. Whatever happens this next season... Meh. 

I care.

As important as winning was, and has taken some stress away, this team needs to re-build the damage 29 years of no Cups had on the fan base.

Going back to a non factor is a huge no-no for a season ticket holder like myself, or bringing in/back people who don't go to games. I am not taking hours out of my day to go watch some bullshit. 

It is only going to be more enticing to stay at home and watch, they MUST keep people believing they want to come to the stadium, it is the lifeline of the team.

This is the best chance they've had in decades to do it.

Getting comfortable is a giant,  giant, giant mistake. 

Edited by Geebrr

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Wake was also just turning 26..Willie will be 29...those 3 years in NFL eyes are big...also he has no PR eligibility left, and would not be making NFL minimum..so SMS..age..Politics of NFL are all against him, but as an athlete he no doubt belongs down there

Totally agree. Willie is an NFL talent, but, that doesn't mean he makes an NFL roster, for the reasons you outlined. My gut says he returns to the Bombers. Kongbo is gone I'd say. He'll make an NFL practice roster for sure based on age, potential and SEC resume. 

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not quite as not caring as you but I know what you mean. All the anxiety I've felt in past off-seasons seems to have disappeared this year. 

I agree..this off season is not nearly as daunting..desperate..stressful.. full of question.. sure we have and may lose a piece or two..but lots still in place..others also in house and this place has become a preferred destination 

And we are grey cup champs...and next year reigning champs..cant complain

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

Well, I'm not a slacker....

Already fretting about how we are going to defend our 2019 Grey Cup Championship

possible dod theme song

ole rocking chair hoagy carmichael.....

Old rocking chair's got me, my cane by my side,
Fetch me that gin, son, 'fore I tan your hide.
Can't get from this cabin, goin' nowhere
Just set me here grabbin' at the flies round this rocking chair

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Should Willie leave I hope we sign McAlister. He played extremely well for us in the game he played and reminded me a lot of Willie J. Of course, I wouldn't expect him to match Willie J but he sure looked like an up and comer that deserves a shot.

Hopefully he is back st camp.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

I don't  care what they do.

I want people who are obsessed with the team winning in all jobs.

But that's what I mean. Why say that to someone who doesn't work there...the way blue85gold and Noeller etc feel doesn't reflect the way the bombers feel..as far as I know they're just fans. The organization is wrapping up this year and will be focused on winning again. Not sure anyone has said they wouldn't be or thinks they're going to sit back and coast off 2019.

I don't know. maybe it's just me. But I wouldn't/don't put much weight behind what fans feel in regards to how the Organization is moving forward.....

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

But that's what I mean. Why say that to someone who doesn't work there...the way blue85gold and Noeller etc feel doesn't reflect the way the bombers feel..as far as I know they're just fans. The organization is wrapping up this year and will be focused on winning again. Not sure anyone has said they wouldn't be or thinks they're going to sit back and coast off 2019.

I don't know. maybe it's just me. But I wouldn't/don't put much weight behind what fans feel in regards to how the Organization is moving forward.....

I do, because I don't want them thinking fans are cool for awhile because we finally won.

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Should Willie leave I hope we sign McAlister. He played extremely well for us in the game he played and reminded me a lot of Willie J. Of course, I wouldn't expect him to match Willie J but he sure looked like an up and comer that deserves a shot.

They brought McCalister back for one game mid-season and cut him for a second time, can't understand why they didn't keep him around on the PR at least as he performed well in the opportunities given.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They brought McCalister back for one game mid-season and cut him for a second time, can't understand why they didn't keep him around on the PR at least as he performed well in the opportunities given.

He has to agree to be on the PR. Likely said no thanks, which if I can remember correctly, is what he did after TC.