Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

On 2019-11-28 at 1:35 PM, Booch said:

Yeah would taker here 4 or 5 years at least to make what he can in one year right now...and she can teach here if she had to...you aren't tied to a province

in her position, I'd be thinking about Year 2, because I'd be worried about ZC suffering a career-ender in 2020 and being a free agent by cutdown day, not even cashing his full 2020 salary and not cashing any more QB money ever, because football treats its players like complete ****.

I've got lots of friends who do lucrative but unreliable freelance work and having that stable income from the partner is the thing that makes it work at all.

Edited by johnzo

awesome for Kongbo.  Hate seeing the Blue lose players, but always happy to see a Blue alum get a shot at a bigger stage, and while I know very little about coaching DL I sure as hell noticed Kongbo when he was on the field. Saw him in on quite a few downfield tackles, just love seeing DLs rev up their motors and chase plays from behind. 

go get em, JK!

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

in her position, I'd be thinking about Year 2, because I'd be worried about ZC suffering a career-ender in 2020 and being a free agent by cutdown day, not even cashing his full 2020 salary and not cashing any more QB money ever, because football treats its players like complete ****.

I've got lots of friends who do lucrative but unreliable freelance work and having that stable income from the partner is the thing that makes it work at all.

Lucrative and unreliable is my middle name!!!

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Let's hope Mason Bennett gets just enough NFL interest to drop to us.

Heard he absolutely tore it up for UND in the FCS playoff game last weekend, 2 sacks and 2 TFL's.  UND still lost.

I thought I read somewhere that he was the all time sack leader at und. Don’t forget about Joseph at penn state too. Very good DE who could excel in cfl and probably won’t get much nfl interest.

16 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Agree. With the caveat BPA who actually has a chance of playing in the CFL. If Chuba Hubbard or Neville Gallimore are available at number 9, fuggetaboutit. They're never coming to the CFL. 

I mostly agree. Except for situations where the difference is minimal and the other guy fits a more pressing need.

Or, if you can swing a trade and get value while picking up a player that can have a similar/or a more immediate impact. 

22 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Agree. With the caveat BPA who actually has a chance of playing in the CFL. If Chuba Hubbard or Neville Gallimore are available at number 9, fuggetaboutit. They're never coming to the CFL. 

Only if you have a good team already. If not, draft by need & what is available. Let's say we were  7-11 team but Harris was our running back & the CFL leading rusher. Let's say one of our problems was a porous OL. Now the best player available was a RB but there was also a potentially great right guard also available. What purpose would it serve to draft the RB even if he was the best player available? He'd be playing behind Harris & with the next selection the Riders would take the guard & we all know it. 

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Only if you have a good team already. If not, draft by need & what is available. Let's say we were  7-11 team but Harris was our running back & the CFL leading rusher. Let's say one of our problems was a porous OL. Now the best player available was a RB but there was also a potentially great right guard also available. What purpose would it serve to draft the RB even if he was the best player available? He'd be playing behind Harris & with the next selection the Riders would take the guard & we all know it. 

Well i mean yeah obviously. lol

If the news out about Collaros is true and he's headed back to argoland ...I wonder what his feelings are about the situation...Comparing our O Line to the arenogoods,I'd say Zack would be happier with ours...Breaks downs like T.O. had last season and allowing their qbs. to be punished bigtime could eventually lead to a shortened season for our Cup winning qb....It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out but Collaros better be prepared to get on his horse to stay alive...IF the story is true today that it's a done deal...Zack to T.O. all but done deal...

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What you're saying makes sense. The CFL draft is definitely the toughest amateur draft. I was saying  it's best not to fall into Joe Mack syndrome - choosing BPA even if everyone knows they're a legitimate NFL prospect. Hubbard is a Heisman trophy candidate; Gallimore is a 300 lb athletic freak projected to go first or second round in the NFL draft. A CFL GM is a fool taking either one of those players as high as the first round in the CFL draft. 5th, 6th round ... sure, take a chance. But anything else is a wasted pick. Try whenever possible to pick players that are available to play right away and hopefully contribute. Walters has been excellent at that. 

Edited by M.Silverback

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Well i mean yeah obviously. lol

It’s the annual BPA vs position argument...!!!  Except BPA doesn’t actually Really exist because every position has different pros/cons and true BPAs are NFL bound

all I know is I don’t want a receiver in the first round - ever ha