Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

19 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Haven't really seen exact wording of the rule so we'll see how it plays out.  I realize you can carry more on practice roster. 

I don't even understand the intent of the rule, is this supposed to be a way to save money?  Does it make the league more equal?  I don't get it...

I actually think it is a way to allow for that other Global guy to be on game day roster, while not increasing roster size...so basically a cost management thing to not have to pay that extra game day salary by only dressing 2 QB's

Now is the rule you are only allowed to have 2?..or is it just need 2...can a team roster 3 if thats how they choose to use their roster?..and if not, being a new year can they re-designate Streveler as a receiver, but run exclusive wild cat sets with any one of him..the actual QB..Harris...whomever taking the snaps?...now thats the question I wanna know.

12 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I don't even understand the intent of the rule, is this supposed to be a way to save money?  Does it make the league more equal?  I don't get it...

May be a way for teams that overpaid for QBs to be able to save some cash and use it on another position. (BC, Calgary, Edmonton I'm looking at you) 

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

I actually think it is a way to allow for that other Global guy to be on game day roster, while not increasing roster size...so basically a cost management thing to not have to pay that extra game day salary by only dressing 2 QB's

Now is the rule you are only allowed to have 2?..or is it just need 2...can a team roster 3 if thats how they choose to use their roster?..and if not, being a new year can they re-designate Streveler as a receiver, but run exclusive wild cat sets with any one of him..the actual QB..Harris...whomever taking the snaps?...now thats the question I wanna know.

The 2 QB rule will last one season.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

all teams will carry 3...if not 4 QB's again next year...one way or another...you cant go with 2 and then due to injury float a guy in with no clue of your system..familiarity with the other players..etc..etc...many of you people think that thee are gonna be 2 guys..and thats that....that ain't how it's gonna be

Yup no way a pro team can run with just 2 QB available for a season

On 2019-12-03 at 8:13 PM, Eternal optimist said:

With this new 2-QB rule looks like McGuire is gonna have to learn a new position lol. He'll be our spare defensive back that can also throw - Kenny Ploen style lol.

It's also possible that Winnipeg uses a DI spot for Chris Streveler would allow them to have Streveler on the field with another QB behind center.  If I'm Buck im watching a lot of Taysom Hill game film.