Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

My new  theory is that Pinball and the Argos knew Collaros was fine, Argoa were out of the playoff picture, Pinball and Oshea probably won the grey cup together, and pinball  did  Mike a solid with the Collaros deal.

so Collaros will sign with Pinball.

Based on past experience Pinball will make the Argos a winner.

Edited by Mark F

46 minutes ago, Mark F said:

My new  theory is that Pinball and the Argos knew Collaros was fine, Argoa were out of the playoff picture, Pinball and Oshea probably won the grey cup together, and pinball  did  Mike a solid with the Collaros deal.

I have believed from the outset that Pinball was absolutely doing us a solid...possibly because of his connection with O'Shea. I said sometime Sunday night "People have said for years that Pinball is basically a saint, and he just basically gave us a miracle...." This GC is as much his (for providing us "Healthy Nichols 2.0" as anyone's...

On 2019-11-28 at 10:35 AM, rebusrankin said:

Collaros's wife has a teaching job in Ontario, that likely factors in also, especially if she has a permanent contract.

This keeps coming up. I get that this will impact decisions, but Collaros isn't the first guy that's played away from family.

It's one of many aspects (team chemistry, $, O-Line, playoff cash, coaching, etc.) that I'm sure he and his family will look at before a decision will be made.

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

so Collaros will sign with Pinball.

Based on past experience Pinball will make the Argos a winner.

I totally think Popp was fired over Collaros. He wouldn't admit that he made a mistake and wouldn't trade him, getting something in return.

In the end, it cost him his job and Pinball made the smart move to trade him. I don't think it had anything to do with MOS and just trying to get something from nothing. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I totally think Popp was fired over Collaros. He wouldn't admit that he made a mistake and wouldn't trade him, getting something in return.

In the end, it cost him his job and Pinball made the smart move to trade him. I don't think it had anything to do with MOS and just trying to get something from nothing. 

I disagree. Does this sound like a guy who wanted to wash his hands of Collaros:

“He needs that opportunity to be put in that position where he can play a game that matters and we get a draft choice for that. If he happens to do well there and stay there then we get a number one in addition to that,” Clemons said on 620 CKRM radio in Regina.

“But we do have a pretty good feeling that he wants to be in Ontario. So it’s a little bit like a hired gun. We believe and desire to sign him back. We have a really good chance in the off-season of securing him back.”

Edited by Jacquie

4 hours ago, Jacquie said:

I disagree. Does this sound like a guy who wanted to wash his hands of Collaros:

I don't think he wanted to wash his hands of him at all, more the opposite. Felt bad cause he had been in Toronto in for months without playing and saw an opportunity to give Collaros something (a chance to dress and maybe play) and get something in return. He fully expects Collaros to come back in the offseason. 

10 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

This keeps coming up. I get that this will impact decisions, but Collaros isn't the first guy that's played away from family.

It's one of many aspects (team chemistry, $, O-Line, playoff cash, coaching, etc.) that I'm sure he and his family will look at before a decision will be made.

Extenuating circumstance, married this past March and already pregnant, Zach shoots only bullets.

12 hours ago, JCon said:

Popp was fired because he's awful at his job.

Popp found a lot of good players,  Montreal success wasn't just Calvillo. one guy can not win Grey Cups on his own.

people forget how the Lions did with Mike Reilly as qb?

I doubt that we've seen the last of Popp in the CFL.

If Popp's wife had a small store, she could call it (rim shot) Ma Popp store

😫

(gets pelted with tomatoes, leaves forum left)

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Popp found a lot of good players,  Montreal success wasn't just Calvillo. one guy can not win Grey Cups on his own.

people forget how the Lions did with Mike Reilly as qb?

I doubt that we've seen the last of Popp in the CFL.

If Popp's wife had a small store, she could call it (rim shot) Ma Popp store

😫

(gets pelted with tomatoes, leaves forum left)

No doubt it would sell Poppcorn and sodaPopp. 

One guy I don't want to lose is Rigmaiden. BC should have never let him go.

As soon as he came on board we actually started successfully developing and finding our own internationals (particularly receivers) as opposed to relying so heavily on FA.

Edited by Dr Zaius