Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

1 minute ago, Nickthesizz said:

I don't understand the thinking that Collaros would rather go back playing in Ontario playing for a team that's rebuilding and missed the playoffs. Here he's playing for a Grey Cup winning team behind the best O-line in the league. Would be weird imo for a guy who's had tons of injury issues to go play for a team behind a worse o-line.

It's home for him. 

If he goes he goes..we will be fine...we got full value from him for the 2 game cheques it cost us. He wasn't the sole reason we won the Cup this year...The defense in my opinion was...he played a safe game..no turnovers...did what was needed...much like we did all year with Nichols and lesser extent Strev...so if we end up with Nichols back..and fully healthy..another year developing Strev, and using him more liberally..no reason we won't be successful

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He was a RB in his late 20s 

Look at our O-line in 2016. Im sure having Hardrick, Bond, and Stanley Bryant helped his decision. Not to mention he was coming to play for Mike O'Shea. I very much doubt (as he's said multiple times) that it was strictly to come play at home, it was a business decision.

Just now, Geebrr said:

Bond wasn't there, Hardrick was not the Hardrick we've come to love, and the overall depth was not even close.

You can keep coming back with things, but Harris didn't take the most obvious chance at winning in 2016. 

We also did not win in 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers_season

Wrong.

Edited by Nickthesizz

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Right, he had just never played a down in the CFL 

Clearly he was a huge reason Harris signed 

No the fact we already started turning things around helped, and Hardrick and Bryant even in 2016 were considered big FA signings btw.

Look I'm not saying going home had no impact on his decision but saying he just wants to go play closer to home is unbelievably naive.

Edited by Nickthesizz

1 minute ago, Nickthesizz said:

No the fact we already started turning things around helped.

Look I'm not saying going home had no impact on his decision but saying he just wants to go play closer to home is unbelievably naive.

Not the only reason, no. 

Also, getting to the playoffs in the East is a hell of a lot easier than the West. 

39 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Crocodile tears.

Go where you have the best chance at being successful, this is pro sports. Would hate to see him with another season ending injury due to a porous O-line. 

This is a classic example of where you really need all the facts before you start spouting off your own takes on what is “best for” a player you don’t even know.

Collaros’ wife has a unionized job in Ontario that she wouldn’t be able to acquire easily if she were to move to Manitoba and she also happens to be pregnant.

If those two things aren’t enough reason for him to want to move back to Ontario, his family is close to the area as well. He’ll be going back to Ontario.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

This is a classic example of where you really need all the facts before you start spouting off your own takes on what is “best for” a player you don’t even know.

Collaros’ wife has a unionized job in Ontario that she wouldn’t be able to acquire easily if she were to move to Manitoba and she also happens to be pregnant.

If those two things aren’t enough reason for him to want to move back to Ontario, his family is close to the area as well. He’ll be going back to Ontario.

If I were Collaros I’d prefer to play on the same team as willie Jefferson vs against  him.   😀

Edited by B-F-F-C

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

If I were Collaros I’d prefer to play on the same team as willie Jefferson vs against  him.   😀

If I were Collaros, I would be more worried about the players that seem fine to injure other players, like Lawrence.