Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

Just now, Goalie said:

Masoli will be overpaid. Nichols at 300 k base or 350 base with bonus money plus Strev at 150 = likely less than what Masoli gets. Part of why we won is because we didnt spend over half a million on 1 player. 

I agree he may be asking for a little too much. In my opinion Collaros would be the best option with Strev and McGuire.

1 minute ago, Nickthesizz said:

I agree he may be asking for a little too much. In my opinion Collaros would be the best option with Strev and McGuire.

Collaros is gone. He wants to go east. Masoli just isnt an option. Ill assume Strev is back.. McGuire is here also. Ive crapped on him but Nichols is the best option available. 

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel like Collaros was he Bombers version of a deadline rental.

I feel like we might lose Couture just due to other guys we have under contract.

I'd be happy to keep Hall but does he go out as a winner?

I feel Hall retires. Yup. The emotions on his face at the end was that of a man who has had a tough go of things recently. His brother passing on must have weighed hard

32 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel like Collaros was he Bombers version of a deadline rental.

I feel like we might lose Couture just due to other guys we have under contract.

I'd be happy to keep Hall but does he go out as a winner?

Losing couture is fine imo, speller did fine and tui has potential to be one of the best. Little know but when he was in college he was in consideration for an award (can’t remember the name of it) for the best centre in all of college football! Granted college is different than the pros. And I doubt collaros wants to move again. My thought would be he would like to go east. Most likely Toronto or maybe even Hamilton back up? 

2 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Losing couture is fine imo, speller did fine and tui has potential to be one of the best. Little know but when he was in college he was in consideration for an award (can’t remember the name of it) for the best centre in all of college football! Granted college is different than the pros. And I doubt collaros wants to move again. My thought would be he would like to go east. Most likely Toronto or maybe even Hamilton back up? 

Eli was one of the top..if not the top center prospect coming out of the NCAA  going into his final year until he got hurt...was a true 3 year starter and sure fire NFL draft pick...but then stories came about he was done...and fell off radar...was pure luck McManus was married to family of his...and then Eli had some chats..and rediscovered he had the bug to play, but nobody knew...we got a steal of epic proportions on that one..

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Eli was one of the top..if not the top center prospect coming out of the NCAA  going into his final year until he got hurt...was a true 3 year starter and sure fire NFL draft pick...but then stories came about he was done...and fell off radar...was pure luck McManus was married to family of his...and then Eli had some chats..and rediscovered he had the bug to play, but nobody knew...we got a steal of epic proportions on that one..

Yep. Eli is most likely in the NFL if he doesn’t get hurt. I think that last draft we got some really talented players, that should not be in the cfl but rather the nfl. (Eli, kongbo, and even drew and Brady has nfl teams looking at them) 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Crazy how we were so worried about Chungh and Goossen's departure... now we're ready to let Couture walk... 

I think you're right about culture finally sinking in - feels like this is a plug'n'play team now much like Calgary

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Collaros is gone. He wants to go east. Masoli just isnt an option. Ill assume Strev is back.. McGuire is here also. Ive crapped on him but Nichols is the best option available. 

You have to assume that Arbuckle wouldn't command Masoli money. He may not even command Nichols money. I like both Streveler and McGuire as long term prospects, but Arbuckle is clearly the best option when combining salary, age and potential. Especially if Streveler wants to come back with the understanding that he will fill a similar role to what he had in the playoffs. 

Edited by AKAChip

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

It's 3 days after the Grey Cup, lots can change and nothing is known at this point.  I sure hope we try to improve our QB group if/ when Collaros leaves. Love Matt, really great dude, loves it here and that's great,  but there is a reason we won with Collaros and couldn't with Matt. 

I mean if we try and no one wants to come here or can't afford anyone else then okay, but don't settle for less to be 'nice guys'. I'll take winning instead..

6 minutes ago, Blue and Gold87 said:

It's 3 days after the Grey Cup, lots can change and nothing is known at this point.  I sure hope we try to improve our QB group if/ when Collaros leaves. Love Matt, really great dude, loves it here and that's great,  but there is a reason we won with Collaros and couldn't with Matt. 

I mean if we try and no one wants to come here or can't afford anyone else then okay, but don't settle for less to be 'nice guys'. I'll take winning instead..

This may be just a dream but in my ideal world (maybe the hangover talking and I don't even think Matt would be interested) Matt becomes the QB coach Buck goes to OC if Lapo leaves, resign Strev and McGuire and try to get the best available FA.

Just a theory. 

5 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

This may be just a dream but in my ideal world (maybe the hangover talking and I don't even think Matt would be interested) Matt becomes the QB coach Buck goes to OC if Lapo leaves, resign Strev and McGuire and try to get the best available FA.

Just a theory. 

Yeah he seems to still have something to prove and I'd be shocked if he's not playing next season . 

I honestly feel terrible saying that about Matt, but after watching what Collaros was able to do in a short time with the same group, it's hard not to wonder if he was in the way at least a bit or just is a game manager like his shirt said today lol...

Or hey, maybe I'm wrong and he comes back and plays with a chip on his shoulder and leads us back! 

1 hour ago, Blue and Gold87 said:

Yeah he seems to still have something to prove and I'd be shocked if he's not playing next season . 

I honestly feel terrible saying that about Matt, but after watching what Collaros was able to do in a short time with the same group, it's hard not to wonder if he was in the way at least a bit or just is a game manager like his shirt said today lol...

Or hey, maybe I'm wrong and he comes back and plays with a chip on his shoulder and leads us back! 

I wouldn't be surprised if Nichols comes back with an AH33 sized chip on his shoulder and is MOP next year after throwing for 5000yds. He showed that kind of passion on stage today.

(I am not a Nichols fan, not quite a hater but find him boring to watch)

Edited by GCJenks

3 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Nichols comes back with an AH33 sized chip on his shoulder and is MOP next year after throwing for 5000yds. He showed that kind of passion on stage today.

If Lapo leaves  I could see his numbers go up.

Not ripping LaPo, just not his MO to throw 30X a game 

5 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Not on his surgically repaired shoulder, I hope. 

4 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

It's pretty obvious that if MOS wants to stay here then he will. Collaros said all kinds of great things about O'Shea that he is a leader of men, etc. He knows what he has here but doesn't in Toronto so he may be willing to sign with the Bombers again. A sure thing vs the Unknown.