Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

based on absolutely zero background knowledge... I could see Jake Thomas as a potential retiree... he's had a fantastic career as a late round guy (sometimes a fringe player who the Bombers tried to replace) and now he can leave a champion...  

From listening to his post cup interviews he really wants to take the CFL to the East coast. Can he stretch out a playing role long enough to be the first player signed by the Schooners?

Funny not much talk about Collaros.....Do we let him walk...make a play for him....or see what his plans are for the future firstly....I think this is going to be one of the toughest calls in the off season...Have to agree with the previous post.....too early to say what a lot of these fa's have on their minds

well at worst if Nichols is healthy..and playing like 2019 pre-injury we know we can win games..and if we incorporate the Strevler use more liberally with Nichols to soften things up and develop him things could be a lot worse.

If Lapo stays perhaps he loosen's up now and opens things up more like he did...It's not an issue that Nichols can't because if you look at a lot of early season highlights he was dropping some dimes on a lot of deep balls...and had some guys drop a bunch too....do it more...you make more I say

Just now, Mike said:

Talking to a couple of the players after the game, at least one or two on that list said it was their last game in our colors.

I think Willie, Rose, Sayles, Bryant, Neufeld, Streveler all stay. Not sure beyond that.

hangin them up?

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I actually think Bailey and Lawler could be a really good duo so Adams only after we reup guys like Bryant and Jefferson and if it fits $wise. I could see both Thomas and Neufeld retiring too. I trust Walters to make things all work.

That's the key point. I trust Walters when it comes to free agency. He's mostly been on point, doesn't overpay and when he hasn't (like Chris Matthews, Adarius Bowman) he moves on quickly. 

Winning the Grey Cup actually puts the Bombers in an even better position from a free agent perspective. We have options, depth, and now current players will likely want to stay even more. Other free agents may want to join the current Grey Cup champs. Sure seemed like Willie Jefferson wants to stay based on his comments at the parade. We're in a position of strength. 

Just now, Nickthesizz said:

Just had a good chuckle reading Riderfans, they go from saying Jefferson is classless to saying he will just go wherever they pay the most in the offseason. Probably hurts too much to admit players like playing here.

considering he took less to come here from other offers...

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Talking to a couple of the players after the game, at least one or two on that list said it was their last game in our colors.

I think Willie, Rose, Sayles, Bryant, Neufeld, Streveler all stay. Not sure beyond that.

I have the impression Collaros might leave but if he does I hope we have plans to get Masoli. 

Also we better make Harris and Demski Lifelong Bombers. Even if Harris gets to the end of his playing days soon, having him for a few extra years to mentor Oliviera and Augustine couldn't hurt.

Edited by Nickthesizz

Ever since I heard about the 1st if he is signed back i figured Collaros was here just for the playoff run. And yes its the last pick now but... I just feel you always keep your 1st in the CFL plus his injury history worries me. 

No to Masoli. Ill take ice and cool AF Strev. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ever since I heard about the 1st if he is signed back i figured Collaros was here just for the playoff run. And yes its the last pick now but... I just feel you always keep your 1st in the CFL plus his injury history worries me. 

No to Masoli. Ill take ice and cool AF Strev. 

Solid no thank you on sitting duck old man Nichols.

Half of the reason our offense was successful in the final few games was Collaroses ability to evade pressure in the pocket. Nichols can't do that to save his life.

Edited by Nickthesizz

2 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Solid no thank you on sitting duck old man Nichols.

Half of the reason our offense was successful in the final few games was Collaroses ability to evade pressure in the pocket. Nichols can't do that to save his life.

Masoli will be overpaid. Nichols at 300 k base or 350 base with bonus money plus Strev at 150 = likely less than what Masoli gets. Part of why we won is because we didnt spend over half a million on 1 player.