Bomber Free Agent Discussion

M.O.A.B.

Just now, JCon said:

Let's not forget that Kongbo couldn't even get on the practice field until the season had started. He's a rookie, straight out of college, and got overshadowed late in the year by WJ and JJ (which is totally fine). 

If you watch the replays, he was causing all sorts of troubles out there. 

Kongbo will be starting by the end of next year, I think and be as lethal as JJ has been. 

Some folks might roll their eyes....but really think this kid could become a more physical version of Jefferson

With Speller and Eli already signed for next year, I wonder if there's still a need for Couture? Speller played really well in the playoffs. Same goes for Neufeld, with Gray waiting in the wings. Might be a way to save some money to re-sign other guys.

Eli could be our 6th ol, use our 1st on an olineman, and sign a cheaper depth guy in fa.

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

With Speller and Eli already signed for next year, I wonder if there's still a need for Couture? Speller played really well in the playoffs. Same goes for Neufeld, with Gray waiting in the wings. Might be a way to save some money to re-sign other guys.

Eli could be our 6th ol, use our 1st on an olineman, and sign a cheaper depth guy in fa.

I think they have to lose one Natl. O-lineman to keep the others content, so I would let Neufeld move on as he's the oldest and most expensive of the group.  They need to get Gray back in the lineup before he decides it's time to move on with his professional career.

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

Let's not forget that Kongbo couldn't even get on the practice field until the season had started. He's a rookie, straight out of college, and got overshadowed late in the year by WJ and JJ (which is totally fine). 

If you watch the replays, he was causing all sorts of troubles out there. 

Kongbo will be starting by the end of next year, I think and be as lethal as JJ has been. 

I do think a lot of their success is based on Nevis though - guy is super underrated just because of one bad season

I wouldn't be surprised if all the OL on that list moved on to other teams or retirement.  In a weird twist I think the imports would be tougher to replace than the non-imports.

Most of the 30+ guys could be moved on from IMO.  A guy like Adams is a pretty big meh to me, sure made a few plays in the playoffs but I think a guy like Lawler should be our #1 receiver heading into next season.  If Adams came cheap sure keep him, but wouldn't pay much into 6 figures to make it happen.  I'd go up to $165-175k to keep Wolitarsky and make him our primary slot receiver.  If you had in order of targets Lawler, Woli, Bailey, Whitehead/Grant/rookie/FA, Demski, Petermann....that's a pretty awesome group IMO.  You've got size, speed, hands.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all the OL on that list moved on to other teams or retirement.  In a weird twist I think the imports would be tougher to replace than the non-imports.

Most of the 30+ guys could be moved on from IMO.  A guy like Adams is a pretty big meh to me, sure made a few plays in the playoffs but I think a guy like Lawler should be our #1 receiver heading into next season.  If Adams came cheap sure keep him, but wouldn't pay much into 6 figures to make it happen.  I'd go up to $165-175k to keep Wolitarsky and make him our primary slot receiver.  If you had in order of targets Lawler, Woli, Bailey, Whitehead/Grant/rookie/FA, Demski, Petermann....that's a pretty awesome group IMO.  You've got size, speed, hands.

I'd be blown away if Hardrick went elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Wow Demski just gets no respect

32 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We see more and more guys retire young to maintain a higher quality of life. 

based on absolutely zero background knowledge... I could see Jake Thomas as a potential retiree... he's had a fantastic career as a late round guy (sometimes a fringe player who the Bombers tried to replace) and now he can leave a champion...  

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

and Bryant...they love it here..are huge parts of the success...and we can pay them market value..as we already are...you have to realize those two are pretty much making as much as they could/would anywhere and their bumps would be insignificant ones..basically just a increase based on a bit more due to the usual cost of living reason...they won't be having to be paid 10's of thousands more...and from what I know Bryant re-upped here for a really SMS friendly deal in Grand scheme of things..and is more than happy with it...and neither are looking to retirement..

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

A guy like Adams is a pretty big meh to me, sure made a few plays in the playoffs but I think a guy like Lawler should be our #1 receiver heading into next season.  If Adams came cheap sure keep him, but wouldn't pay much into 6 figures to make it happen.  I'd go up to $165-175k to keep Wolitarsky and make him our primary slot receiver.  If you had in order of targets Lawler, Woli, Bailey, Whitehead/Grant/rookie/FA, Demski, Petermann....that's a pretty awesome group IMO.  You've got size, speed, hands.

I like this group of receivers... I'm not sure there's a bona fide  #1 in that group... but there's no free pass for the defense... all of those guys can be dangerous...

Demski is signed through 2020 season I believe...so a group with him and Woli as starting Canadians has to be a must do...Lawler I think can become that go to guy...Bailey too and I wouldn't toss away Whitehead yet...he has shown nice hands, and you know what he can do with ball in his hands..his route running wasn't bad at all..he just wasn't used ideally...Adams is a nice piece but if signing him prevents us signing our olour o-line guys...or a Jefferson or one of Sayles and Rose..then you have to let him walk

Nevis too should be an easy re-sign..he makes not a big pile of cash and his increase shouldn't be too pricey...he's as solid a DT as you have in the league and is needed

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Whoa, no need to pay Woli that much, he's a blue-collar worker and would stick around for far less, $100-$125 tops.  Pay Darvin the $175,000 on a one year deal in respect of his contributions and keep the others below that.  No need for any $250,000 receivers on this team, spend elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Surprisingly, I would not.  He (and his wife) have both made posts recently on social media basically saying its been a crazy ride and whatever happens after grey cup, Winnipeg will always hold a place in their hearts.

Between playing injured most of the year and recently getting his degree, I wonder if he's not contemplating moving on from football or if they are just acknowledging that he's going to be a free agent and could change teams.

Just now, Booch said:

Well if Yoshi does it sucks...but good on him going out on top...and it could possibly open up an import spot elsewhere for us...we may be able to go 4 nationals on the O-line

Just think with his off the field stuff, nothing bad all good and the injuries he seems to be dealing with, now makes sense to walk away.