Parade

New_Earth_Mud

Goosebumps watching that video. Teared up at the game when the final whistle blew and I tear up everytime I re-watch the game on pvr lol. Nichols speech was awesome. Really hope he feels he was as much a part of this Grey Cup as all the other guys. Im not his biggest fan but you can tell he loves it here and gives his all. How awesome would it be to win another one next year with Nichols at the helm??

Bought a blank away jersey so I could match the team at the Cup. I think im going to put Strevlaros 19 on it lol.

29 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Totally the imposter that I saw...

When I heard that I thought WTF are you talking about? Now I do believe that you are correct in saying that he cut all ties and allegiance with the Argos. 

He might be referring to the old Hamilton boat incident also. At Canad Inns but.. Maybe its a argo reference

7 hours ago, shadybob said:

Strevler did the Kawhi laugh, i have no words. This team is awesome 

He's been doing that since Sunday night. The man is a goddamn beauty.

The CFL needs more guys like Chris Streveler. He's essentially a CFL version of Gronkowski.

45 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Am I reading too much into Osh's "we burned the boats" comment? 

I think his loyalty is here now.

I agree. That comment seemed to have a double meaning.

This parade was absolutely epic. The happiness was palpable. The energy was incredible. This celebration was long, long overdue.

Props to Nichols on that absolutely priceless T-shirt.

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The CFL needs more guys like Chris Streveler. He's essentially a CFL version of Gronkowski.

This parade was absolutely epic. The happiness was palpable. The energy was incredible. This celebration was long, long overdue.

He has been doing the laugh all season! I have a video clip on my phone of him and Wolitarsky doing it on the bench after Strev ran in a TD in the early weeks! 

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

no kidding re: Nichols shirt. “Game Manager” LOL

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Am I reading too much into Osh's "we burned the boats" comment? 

I think his loyalty is here now.

Nah it's a saying you'll see in success literature. 

It was attributed to Julius Caesar (or Cortez) when he arrived on an Island... found that his army was making arrangements to go back home... so he burnt the boats. Got 100% renewed focus from his men from that time on.

Basically take away the safety nets, remove any excuse to turn away from the task at hand.... singular laser focus.

53 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Nah it's a saying you'll see in success literature. 

It was attributed to Julius Caesar (or Cortez) when he arrived on an Island... found that his army was making arrangements to go back home... so he burnt the boats. Got 100% renewed focus from his men from that time on.

Basically take away the safety nets, remove any excuse to turn away from the task at hand.... singular laser focus.

Well look at you with your fancy book learnin' 😉

Edited by ediger

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

On the streets? No way, you're getting Molson Special Dry in the king can. That's the choice of day drinkers downtown. 

Facts.  Leaving the office yesterday, I passed by an abandoned toy stroller that still had its precious cargo inside... a king can of special dry!

7 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I don't know. Nothing classier for our downtown dwellers than beer in a plastic 2L bottle.

No doubt, you can pass that baby around. But, if you're a day drinker in the dt, you need the portability of a king can in a paper bag. You need to start working on collecting funds for the next beverage. 

Thing about this Bombers team is what a bunch of characters they are, despite being so "buttoned down" all season long.

They're that way, but there's another side to quite a few of these guys.

Great personality stuff we, or at least I,  never saw at all, being let out after the championship.

I Can not imagine what it's like to be on this team, must be such a great feeling.

Edited by Mark F

13 hours ago, Geebrr said:

The Harris "You got my back" thing was dope AF 

He did it at the grey cup after party in Calgary too. There are some crazy stories from that but the best 2 are when Harris brought the cup down to the party and passed it around with the fans.tfidhKs.jpg

And then when we were leaving the grey cup, Streveler was outside with a couple girls and then looked at us and yelled "we ******* did it" hugged me and my buddy. After that yells holy **** that hurts, the freezing has worn off and I need a drink. 

3 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

He did it at the grey cup after party in Calgary too. There are some crazy stories from that but the best 2 are when Harris brought the cup down to the party and passed it around with the fans.tfidhKs.jpg

And then when we were leaving the grey cup, Streveler was outside with a couple girls and then looked at us and yelled "we ******* did it" hugged me and my buddy. After that yells holy **** that hurts, the freezing has worn off and I need a drink. 

I am so jealous right now.....

For those complaining about the parade being on Tuesday:

WINNIPEG, MB – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will host a Grey Cup championship social Friday, November 29 from 7:30 p.m. to midnight at the RBC Convention Centre.

A live DJ and band will be playing throughout the night and fans will be able to meet players, alumni, and get their photo taken with the Grey Cup. Grey Cup Championship merchandise will also be available for sale at the social.

Tickets are $20 for season ticket members and $25 for general admission. Tickets can be purchased at the door or online, season ticket members must log into their account to unlock special pricing.

As well, the team will host a free family Grey Cup event Saturday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm at the RBC Convention Centre. Buzz and Boomer and the Grey Cup will be available for photos and food, drinks and Grey Cup merchandise will be available for purchase.