Make an extra ring for milt

wbbfan

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fansince79 said:

This is idiotic. No former players deserve a ring, nor would any of them accept one. They had zero to do with the team winning. On second thought I’ve supported this team for 40 years and been a season ticket holder for 35 years, maybe I should get a ring. 🙄

The Goldeyes gave out replicas of their championship ring a couple years back! I have nowhere special to display it so it sits on the shelf with my Bomber memorabilia.

Milt wears the Riders colors on his tie a lot on TV and he just loves going to those Riders games and "hot dogging" with the Riders fans even wearing their puke green jersey. That was disgusting. He only tried to save face by putting out that I support the Bombers video once the Bombers were in the Grey Cup. I'm not saying he is a bad guy nor am I saying I don't like him and the stuff he does for the city as far as charity events etc but I am saying he has been making some serious mental mistakes showing any ounce of support for Sackstenchewan. It bugs me each and every time. He deserves a ring when he wins one. 

Edited by Firekid

10 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Given. Just had to be in attendance at the game at which they were given out, not unlike the Andrew Harris bobble heads.

So that was given out as part of a promotion to get you in the door.

Far different then a former player being handed one for a victory he had nothing to do with.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

So that was given out as part of a promotion to get you in the door.

20 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

...not unlike the Andrew Harris bobble heads.

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Far different then a former player being handed one for a victory he had nothing to do with.

Holy crap Geebr you're right, that is different! Good thing that's not what I was talking about...

I was responding to someone who facetiously stated maybe they should get a ring for supporting the club and I pointed out an instance when it has happened in this very city.

I know you post opinions on articles you haven't even read. Maybe you should consider reading before commenting...

31 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Holy crap Geebr you're right, that is different! Good thing that's not what I was talking about...

I was responding to someone who facetiously stated maybe they should get a ring for supporting the club and I pointed out an instance when it has happened in this very city.

I know you post opinions on articles you haven't even read. Maybe you should consider reading before commenting...

His  point is that he is more a part of the team than Stegall. 

I'm not sure what your's is? That you paid for a novelty ring with your admission.

Cool.

Edited by Geebrr

6 hours ago, Geebrr said:

His  point is that he is more a part of the team than Stegall. 

I'm not sure what your's is? That you paid for a novelty ring with your admission.

Cool.

Okay man, I wasn't trying to make a point, I was just trying to chime in to a conversation we were having about fans getting rings. It's just something that happened I thought was relevant and I thought I'd share. **** me right?

I'm not sure what you're doing. Gatekeeping? Do you want me to shut up? Put me on ignore then.

8 hours ago, Firekid said:

Milt wears the Riders colors on his tie a lot on TV and he just loves going to those Riders games and "hot dogging" with the Riders fans even wearing their puke green jersey. That was disgusting. He only tried to save face by putting out that I support the Bombers video once the Bombers were in the Grey Cup. I'm not saying he is a bad guy nor am I saying I don't like him and the stuff he does for the city as far as charity events etc but I am saying he has been making some serious mental mistakes showing any ounce of support for Sackstenchewan. It bugs me each and every time. He deserves a ring when he wins one. 

The guy works for TSN. He has to cater to all teams. His blood is blue & gold. 

54 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Okay man, I wasn't trying to make a point, I was just trying to chime in to a conversation we were having about fans getting rings. It's just something that happened I thought was relevant and I thought I'd share. **** me right?

I'm not sure what you're doing. Gatekeeping? Do you want me to shut up? Put me on ignore then.

I actually like the majority of your posts 😀

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The guy works for TSN. He has to cater to all teams. His blood is blue & gold. 

He also picked the Riders over the Bombers in the WSF. Any one who has blue & gold in their blood would never, ever do that. I still would wear my Stegall jersey if it wasn't too big on me now as I still like Milt but he has changed and the love he shows for the Riders (just to win over more fan popularity in my opinion) makes me sick. I do agree that working for TSN he needs to show that he doesn't favor any team but I don't like it when he seems to talk glowingly about the puke green and goes out of his way to "win over" that POS fan base. He doesn't seem to do it for for other teams but maybe I just notice it more when it is the Riders because I can't stand it lol! Anyway, my point is he deserves a ring when he wins one.    

3 hours ago, Firekid said:

He also picked the Riders over the Bombers in the WSF. Any one who has blue & gold in their blood would never, ever do that. I still would wear my Stegall jersey if it wasn't too big on me now as I still like Milt but he has changed and the love he shows for the Riders (just to win over more fan popularity in my opinion) makes me sick. I do agree that working for TSN he needs to show that he doesn't favor any team but I don't like it when he seems to talk glowingly about the puke green and goes out of his way to "win over" that POS fan base. He doesn't seem to do it for for other teams but maybe I just notice it more when it is the Riders because I can't stand it lol! Anyway, my point is he deserves a ring when he wins one.    

I think you're way too sensitive about this. He's a Blue Bomber & not a Rider. All the receiving records he has. Blue & Gold. Everything. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Suitor was a rider wasn't he.

Sutior rides the riders nuts. Milt is objective and not an out right homer. He played with a ton of swagger and enjoys seeing it from units around the league. I respect that he doesnt just wear blue tinted glasses. Matty is the say way.