Jump to content

2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!


JCon
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, do or die said:

Dreamed that the Bombers had won the Grey Cup.  Woke up early for a moment....then back to pleasant dreams.   Woke up for good, still with that warming glow....

With the core of the team returning, the Bombers have to be considered favourites to repeat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

With the core of the team returning, the Bombers have to be considered favourites to repeat.

I'd think that Hamilton will be favorites this year. Their QB situation is the best in the league by far.

We weren't a dominant team in '19. We had a great playoff season to win us the cup. Much like the way Calgary beat us all those years ago when they came from 3rd in the West.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Image result for facepalm gif

Hes not wrong. Bombers started well, floundered and then went on a run. They were dominant in the playoffs, but not the regular season. So the question is which team shows up? Regular season bombers or playoffs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Hes not wrong. Bombers started well, floundered and then went on a run. They were dominant in the playoffs, but not the regular season. So the question is which team shows up? Regular season bombers or playoffs?

As you just said, they were dominant in the playoffs, which was a part of the 2019 season. Not to split hairs or get into a semantics discussion, but that's when being dominant matters most: when it's win or go home.

"We weren't a dominant team in 2019."

http://37.media.tumblr.com/71b766899c09cdac9f24721775327300/tumblr_n9ij0ekQmc1setsv8o1_400.gif

And who knows which team shows up in 2021. It's too early to speculate, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

As you just said, they were dominant in the playoffs, which was a part of the 2019 season. Not to split hairs or get into a semantics discussion, but that's when being dominant matters most: when it's win or go home.

"We weren't a dominant team in 2019."

http://37.media.tumblr.com/71b766899c09cdac9f24721775327300/tumblr_n9ij0ekQmc1setsv8o1_400.gif

And who knows which team shows up in 2021. It's too early to speculate, IMO.

I think you are trying to be a little too critical of his wording. Were the 2001 Stampeders a dominant team because they got hot in the playoffs when it mattered most? I think a middle ground can be taken. We were good and at times very good in the regular season, but floundered when injuries hit. We upped our game in the playoffs beyond anything we saw in the regular season. I would agree that Hamilton are probable favourites, and we may be favourites in the West, more so because of who Calgary and Saskatchewan have lost. But 2 seasons removed from action, who can really know how any team will perform?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO the only part of the game that was weak last season was at QB... the reason we were dominant in the play offs is because we actually had a proper starting QB.   

Our running game and o-line were strong all season and the defense was great.   The return game was decent but with J Grant it was better in the play offs. 

Our season makes or breaks on how the QB's play.  With sub par QB play we have a season similar to our last one.  

Edited by Brandon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Dominant teams don't come in 3rd. They get a home game and win in front of their own fans.

If we were weak at QB, then we weren't dominant. IMO the one dominant team in '19 was Hamilton and we dominated them in the GC.

Dominant teams don't get dominated the way the Ticats were. Bombers were dominant. We had a parade to celebrate that dominance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Dominant teams don't get dominated the way the Ticats were. Bombers were dominant. We had a parade to celebrate that dominance. 

One game doesn't make you a dominant team overall. It means you were dominant on the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

One game doesn't make you a dominant team overall. It means you were dominant on the day.

Well, ask Calgary, Saskatchewan and Hamilton if we were dominant. By your standards, they were clearly better teams and we lucked into beating their dominance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, JCon said:

Well, ask Calgary, Saskatchewan and Hamilton if we were dominant. By your standards, they were clearly better teams and we lucked into beating their dominance. 

You obviously don't understand what dominant means. We didn't dominate Regina. They were one or two plays away from beating us at the end of the game. They also shot themselves in the foot by putting their backup QB in to try to get a TD and failed horribly. Those plays was their mistakes, not our dominance. I'll give you Calgary and Hamilton in the playoffs, but we weren't a dominant team in the '19 regular season. We were average.

I never said we lucked into anything. There's a ton of room between dominant and lucked in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You obviously don't understand what dominant means. We didn't dominate Regina. They were one or two plays away from beating us at the end of the game. They also shot themselves in the foot by putting their backup QB in to try to get a TD and failed horribly. Those plays was their mistakes, not our dominance. I'll give you Calgary and Hamilton in the playoffs, but we weren't a dominant team in the '19 regular season. We were average.

I never said we lucked into anything. There's a ton of room between dominant and lucked in.

Who cares if we were dominant or not? 

 

Our last three grey cup wins were from teams that were not dominant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...