2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

JCon

On ‎2020‎-‎04‎-‎12 at 5:45 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Suitor interview. Asking Urban to do analysis. Just brutal. 

I don't know what Suitor was thinking. Poor Urban, put on the spot like that when the only thing he knows about the CFL is that the ball has pointy ends and stripes. What was Suitor expecting from him...a sudden encyclopaedic knowledge of a game and two football teams he earlier admitted to knowing nothing about?

whoever thought it was a good idea to put him in the booth at all in the middle of a championship game is a moron. It was likely one of the producers, but it doesn't matter...it was incredibly stupid. Takes away from the importance of the game. NFL would NEVER allow that during the Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

whoever thought it was a good idea to put him in the booth at all in the middle of a championship game is a moron. It was likely one of the producers, but it doesn't matter...it was incredibly stupid. Takes away from the importance of the game. NFL would NEVER allow that during the Super Bowl.

But the game can't sell itself!!!!! We need celebrity talk to keep people from tuning out!!!!!

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The only saving grace TSN has with Rod Black & Glen Suitor is they don't team them up. Can you imagine if they were a regular broadcast team just how horrible that would be? 

As long as it's an away game for the ridrs and the bombers aren't playing- that would be awesome.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

I stand by my stance that in-game interviews set up by TSN are the stupidest idea they have put out, a close second to having Rod Black as a PBP announcer. The cherry on top of this poor decision was the Grey Cup game. Highly embarrassing for the CFL, the fans, and I bet poor Keith was regretting the decision to go up in the booth. 
He’ll never do the CFL again. He might even write a half-assed half time song about that experience. 
“Urban Miss”

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The only saving grace TSN has with Rod Black & Glen Suitor is they don't team them up. Can you imagine if they were a regular broadcast team just how horrible that would be? 

Look at the possible bright side- they might throttle each other.

44 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I didn't mind the new guy TSN used on a few  games last season (name escapes me) and Miller + Dunigan is always a fun combo. 

He hasn't been fully trained on the TSN Way yet... 

1. Players have to have stupid nicknames. 

2. Dumb catchphrases after every touchdown or big play. 

3. mention a subject in the first quarter then talk about it the rest of the game ad nauseum.

4. Interview someone... anyone... then shove them on TV with smiling personalities.

5. When interviewing totally ignore the three TDs scored or the momentous comeback. 

6. Ask... no wait... TELL... the person  being interviewed that they must do pbp even if they don't want to.

7. Be as absolutely annoying as one can be on tv. 

He has a long way to go before graduation.

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

Someone obviously thought the "celebrity" of Urban would add credibility to the CFL... instead it just made the CFL look even more bush league...