2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

JCon

16 hours ago, Bombers9256 said:

Super jealous that you have everything on PVR. I just have the Cup and the West Final. I’ve found a few other 2019  games on YouTube but can’t find a few I’d like to rewatch, such as the West Semi, and the home win against B.C. 

Yeah I've never been able to find the home game against BC....but I do have a copy of the West semi on my computer that I downloaded off youtube. I might be able to send you a copy if you want to forward me your email?

Fyi you can  easily download videos off youtube, so that you have a copy if they are taken down...I think I have 7 or 8 games (all W's) from last year on my computer.

18 hours ago, Bombers9256 said:

Super jealous that you have everything on PVR. I just have the Cup and the West Final. I’ve found a few other 2019  games on YouTube but can’t find a few I’d like to rewatch, such as the West Semi, and the home win against B.C. 

Why the home game against BC?  Do you want to watch Matt Nichols get injured over and over again? :)

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Why the home game against BC?  Do you want to watch Matt Nichols get injured over and over again? :)

I just watched it last weekend and I nearly cried watching it.......**** what a brutal pancake job by Lemon.

1 hour ago, Bombers9256 said:

Paved the way for a Grey Cup win ;)

Honestly though. I’ve rewatched several reg season games. Nichols played well at first but against good defences like Calgary and Hamilton, he struggled mightily. Streveler was not playing well enough at QB. He was perfect as a change of pace guy in the playoffs but it’s pretty clear to me that Collaros took us over the top. Love Matty for all he did for us of course. 

On 2020-04-08 at 7:37 PM, Noeller said:

And funny enough, I don't have any of the playoff games because I thought I might jinx us by taping them. I have watched the CFL highlight pack many times tho.... 

On 2020-04-08 at 7:37 PM, Noeller said:

And funny enough, I don't have any of the playoff games because I thought I might jinx us by taping them. I have watched the CFL highlight pack many times tho.... 

When I lived in Winnipeg & was much younger, I'd let my anxiety get to me as I had an extremely hard time listening to Blue Bomber road games on the radio.. Not many road games for any teams were televised back then. If CBC & CTV televised 4 Bomber games on the road in a single season that was considered a lot. So, that meant listening to the other 4 games on the radio. When I didn't have season tickets it meant that I suffered thru home games on radio as well.  It was pure Hell. I'd get worked up so much to the point of almost being sick. It was crazy getting unto such a state like that but I couldn't help it. 

With all due respect to Bob Irving, & past Blue Bomber play by play announcers Ken Nicholson, Bob Picken & Jack Wells but I hated listening on the radio. My stress levels would rise to all time highs every game especially when something bad happened or we lost a close one. I'd suffer thru every bad play or close games as I'd picture what was happening in my head & my imagination would just make it ten times worse. I was also not easy to live with as my stress meant I'd yell & scream or sometimes throw something. It got to the point that I just couldn't listen to games on radio anymore so I stopped after I got married.  Even that didn't help as I'd go nuts watching the clock. But at least I wasn't yelling. Lol. 

With TSN showing every CFL game now & being much older I don't get as worked up like I used to. I still yell at the television screen occasionally when a Bomber qb throws a pick, a fumble happens or we give up a long pass for a TD on defense but at least I can enjoy the games now whereas it was  torture for me back in the day. I'm just glad I wasn't superstitious. That is all I'd have needed. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When I lived in Winnipeg & was much younger, I'd let my anxiety get to me as I had an extremely hard time listening to Blue Bomber road games on the radio.. Not many road games for any teams were televised back then. If CBC & CTV televised 4 Bomber games on the road in a single season that was considered a lot. So, that meant listening to the other 4 games on the radio. When I didn't have season tickets it meant that I suffered thru home games on radio as well.  It was pure Hell. I'd get worked up so much to the point of almost being sick. It was crazy getting unto such a state like that but I couldn't help it. 

With all due respect to Bob Irving, & past Blue Bomber play by play announcers Ken Nicholson, Bob Picken & Jack Wells but I hated listening on the radio. My stress levels would rise to all time highs every game especially when something bad happened or we lost a close one. I'd suffer thru every bad play or close games as I'd picture what was happening in my head & my imagination would just make it ten times worse. I was also not easy to live with as my stress meant I'd yell & scream or sometimes throw something. It got to the point that I just couldn't listen to games on radio anymore so I stopped after I got married.  Even that didn't help as I'd go nuts watching the clock. But at least I wasn't yelling. Lol. 

With TSN showing every CFL game now & being much older I don't get as worked up like I used to. I still yell at the television screen occasionally when a Bomber qb throws a pick, a fumble happens or we give up a long pass for a TD on defense but at least I can enjoy the games now whereas it was  torture for me back in the day. I'm just glad I wasn't superstitious. That is all I'd have needed. 

That’s awesome. The few times I’ve just listened on the radio I was jumping out of my skin so I can’t imagine that for you!

2 hours ago, Bombers9256 said:

Why? I’m not knocking Nichols as a human being. He was great for us. But I’m not confident he could’ve gotten us over the top. 

Nichols gave the Bombers instant credibility and competitiveness, and we ought to be grateful for that, but whether it was his limitations or the lack of confidence of the coaches in his game, he just could not take the last step. We will have to see how well he does with his new team.

41 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Nichols gave the Bombers instant credibility and competitiveness, and we ought to be grateful for that, but whether it was his limitations or the lack of confidence of the coaches in his game, he just could not take the last step. We will have to see how well he does with his new team.

I totally agree. I’m extremely grateful to Nichols. He put is in a position to get the top and saved Osh’s job—who was the right coach to get us the cup. And he seemed like a good dude. 

On 2020-03-14 at 3:31 PM, Nolby said:

Watched that today as well,honestly,got a little choked up haha. You see all the fans tearing up and it just gets to you,I blamed the tears on the bedroom fan to the girlfriend,didnt wanna look weak.

I have watched a replay of the cup at least 3 times a week since the covid started and I can’t help but get choked up every time.  I was lucky enough to be able to watch the game live in Calgary with my 8 year old boy.  We went on an epic road trip and it was the greatest weekend we will ever have.  My son lost control of all emotions at the end of the game and was literally bawling.  I ended up breaking down too because I realized right then that I had solidified him as a bomber fan for life.  I still have to convince myself that a)they won the cup and b) I was there live with my boy

Edited by Albertabomberguy

10 minutes ago, Albertabomberguy said:

I have watched a replay of the cup at least 3 times a week since the covid started and I can’t help but get choked up every time.  I was lucky enough to be able to watch the game live in Calgary with my 8 year old boy.  We went on an epic road trip and it was the greatest weekend we will ever have.  My son lost control of all emotions at the end of the game and was literally bawling.  I ended up breaking down too because I realized right then that I had solidified him as a bomber fan for life.  I still have to convince myself that a)they won the cup and b) I was there live with my boy

That’s awesome!!

11 hours ago, Albertabomberguy said:

that's such a special thing you did. my dad got me hooked with season tickets in the 90's. it was such a great thing to do together even when they sucked. the bombers brought us closer together and i'm a fan for life. man, what a gift. he'll always remember that.