2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

JCon

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

What I learned from watching this game is that the Grey Cup was more entertaining and I appreciate how focused our Blue were compared to the 49ers.   After the 2nd interception the 49er players were posing in the end zone and "acting" up and at that point I realized they were going to lose.   Totally unfocused,  the coaches kept getting overly emotional whenever a call didn't go the way they wanted.   Made me appreciate how good of a job O'Shea has done with this club. 

I think if you are a completely unbiased observer... and are a fan of both leagues... you could make the case that the super bowl was a more entertaining game...

Grey Cup: Bombers basically dominate the whole game... no real drama
Super Bowl: San Fran is 7 mins away from holding down the mighty KC offense... then they make an epic comeback for the win

However, as a Bomber fan... I enjoyed the Grey Cup much more :) 

Game was entertaining, but also saw a thirty million dollar qb look physically scared, and missing throws that CFL QB's would make.

I thought the refs did a good job. half time was lip synced butt shaking cast of hundreds extravaganza, and boring.

(Prince half time, one guy with his band, performing live, made this half time seem very weak)

If I had to choose, I will watch any Grey Cup over any superbowl.

Edited by Mark F

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Game was entertaining, but also saw a thirty million dollar qb look physically scared, and missing throws that CFL QB's would make.

I thought the refs did a good job. half time was lip synced butt shaking cast of hundreds extravaganza, and boring.

(Prince half time, one guy with his band, performing live, made this half time seem very weak)

I'll watch both, thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Especially when we’re in the Grey Cup. Might not have been entertaining for other teams fans, but watching us kick Hamilton’s ass for 60 minutes was a beautiful thing. 

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Man, if that's all you got out of the statement they were trying to make, then you really weren't paying attention...

Game to game comparison the Superbowl was a significantly better game than the Grey Cup this year. Back and forth. Lead changes. Big plays. Big mistakes. The half time show was way better as were the ads. If you're anything other than a Bomber fan this years Grey Cup was an absolute bust.

18 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Game to game comparison the Superbowl was a significantly better game than the Grey Cup this year. Back and forth. Lead changes. Big plays. Big mistakes. The half time show was way better as were the ads. If you're anything other than a Bomber fan this years Grey Cup was an absolute bust.

The Super Bowl was terrible. It sucked. 

- signed Niner Fan. 

5 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

But they do have a better half-time show :)

But where was J-Lo in the third quarter? No where near the broadcast booth so impossible to conduct an awkward bumbling interview. That's truly the high mark of sports entertainment....

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Maybe someone should've told the CFL's best team in 2019 to actually show up for the biggest ******* game of the season.

Image result for shrug gif"

While I agree the Grey Cup half-time show was pretty meh, is it reasonable to compare the production values of a Grey Cup to a Super Bowl on equal terms?

Edited by blue_gold_84

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Maybe someone should've told the CFL's best team in 2019 to actually show up for the biggest ******* game of the season.

Image result for shrug gif"

While I agree the Grey Cup half-time show was pretty meh, is it reasonable to compare the production values of a Grey Cup to a Super Bowl on equal terms?

I would bet that J-Lo made more at half-time than either Grey Cup team.

On ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎31 at 11:36 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

2019 Championship hat - $27

2019 Grey Cup Champions T-shirt -$33

High fiving Bomber fans today while walking down the beach in Waikiki (and annoying all the idiot Rider fans) - 

PRICELESS

Remind me again who on this site always ******* about stupid Rider fans who wear their gear while on holidays on the beach outside of Canada and says how dumb it is?

KBF here reporting from Maui now. Today while walking, and wearing some of my Bomber gear, I was accosted by two Rider fans, unsolicited, and told just how dumb the Bombers were for signing Collaros.  One of them was wearing cowboy boots. In Hawaii. Yikes.

Finally after politely listening to an analysis on concussions and why Collaros sucks I just suddenly said loudly "my eyes!!! My eyes!! I'm blinded!! The Grey Cup, it's so shiny!!!!" And I walked away. Ahhh yeah....

27 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

KBF here reporting from Maui now. Today while walking, and wearing some of my Bomber gear, I was accosted by two Rider fans, unsolicited, and told just how dumb the Bombers were for signing Collaros.  One of them was wearing cowboy boots. In Hawaii. Yikes.

Finally after politely listening to an analysis on concussions and why Collaros sucks I just suddenly said loudly "my eyes!!! My eyes!! I'm blinded!! The Grey Cup, it's so shiny!!!!" And I walked away. Ahhh yeah....

In fairness, he does have sandals. He just left them under his cousins bed.