2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

JCon

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I forgot that Derek Taylor IS from Winnipeg...  and apparently it's not a joke and his reasoning is because we don't have a QB signed and we have several DB's who are free agents.  Though for some reason he completely ignores that every other team has more free agents then we do and all have similar issues in various different positions where they need to sign up a lot of players.  

Taylor worked here for a few years but he's not from here originally.  He's an Albertan who has moved around for school/work (Ontario, Manitoba, back to Ontario and now Sask).

Taylor was given the job ahead of a long-term Harvard Radio Regina employee, Michael Ball, who really really wanted the gig. Unfortunately, he's a big part of their Morning Show, and they didn't want to take him off that, so Taylor got the gig. I don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised if Taylor's "national recognition" as part of TSN/SC didn't play into his hiring...(ie "he's more famous" in CFL circles)

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Taylor was given the job ahead of a long-term Harvard Radio Regina employee, Michael Ball, who really really wanted the gig. Unfortunately, he's a big part of their Morning Show, and they didn't want to take him off that, so Taylor got the gig. I don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised if Taylor's "national recognition" as part of TSN/SC didn't play into his hiring...(ie "he's more famous" in CFL circles)

Something that always seemed odd to me about his hiring, was that, that type of job is almost "dream status"(doing the PBP for the bombers would be a dream come true for me)..the person who gets it should want to be there for a long ass time and the organization should want a lifer as well. I cant imagine DT as a life long Rider PBP guy considering how his on screen career was going. But who knows maybe hes given up.

54 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Something that always seemed odd to me about his hiring, was that, that type of job is almost "dream status"(doing the PBP for the bombers would be a dream come true for me)..the person who gets it should want to be there for a long ass time and the organization should want a lifer as well. I cant imagine DT as a life long Rider PBP guy considering how his on screen career was going. But who knows maybe hes given up.

I don't know this, but my guess is that he really really really likes doing PBP. And being able to do PBP for the Riders was a better gig than being a desk-jockey for Bell. Also, quite a bit more job security with Harvard than Bell. Could also be his stepping stone to becoming a TSN PBP guy......not 100% sure. 

Edited by Noeller

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, he's trying too hard. 

that's just it. A tell was his response about not having any QBs. First he said how it's based off the teams current roster and how the Bombers don't have any QB's under contract. But they technically do. The bombers have 4 qbs under contract right now...and they will still have 1 come Free agency. This was 100% strictly to rile people up/share an opinion no one asked for/try to make the crider fans feel better about their pathetic season.

People are getting way too upset about it.

A sample (it's a long poem):

When on down the line there arose such a clatter,
They all craned their necks to see what was the matter.
The air was just chilly, not all that much snow,
But it was still November, didn’t he know?

What to our wondering eyes did appear,
But a man with no shirt, that much was clear.
He was dressed up in fur, gold chain ’round his neck,
Holding the Cup on the truck’s flat rear deck.

Cowboy hat on his head, jean shorts in blue,
Cigar in his mouth, big smile on it, too.
Nichols beside him, plus QB McGuire
Half pimp, half preacher, with a booze-guzzling choir.

More rapid than eagles, the beer cans they came,
Offered by strangers, he knew not their names.
He chugged one or two, passed some to his partners,
Who’ll ever forget the lit-up Chris Streveler?

Rewatched the grey cup whilst wrapping gifts last night.   Still brings excitement when the final whistle blew.  Harris and Demski celebrating... Willie strutting with his championship belt (did he ever give it back?)... Hard to believe that was 1 month ago.  Lots of smiles and holiday cheer from Bomber fans!

Happy holidays to you all!

On 2019-12-24 at 8:48 AM, captaincanuck12 said:

Rewatched the grey cup whilst wrapping gifts last night.   Still brings excitement when the final whistle blew.  Harris and Demski celebrating... Willie strutting with his championship belt (did he ever give it back?)... Hard to believe that was 1 month ago.  Lots of smiles and holiday cheer from Bomber fans!

Happy holidays to you all!

Me too!

I was actually really surprised at how the Bombers were fan favourites - you can see that right from the first touchdown...

31 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Me too!

I was actually really surprised at how the Bombers were fan favourites - you can see that right from the first touchdown...

After seeing SO MANY games at McMahon the last dozen years, it was an almost surreal experience to have virtually everyone in there cheering for the Bombers. 

48 minutes ago, Noeller said:

After seeing SO MANY games at McMahon the last dozen years, it was an almost surreal experience to have virtually everyone in there cheering for the Bombers. 

Agreed. Been a graveyard for Bomber teams this past decade.

One of my favourite moments of the game... 1:39 left on the clock and they cut to Richie Hall as he's packing up.... Suits "You're work's done, pack up the brief case.."

15 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed. Been a graveyard for Bomber teams this past decade.

One of my favourite moments of the game... 1:39 left on the clock and they cut to Richie Hall as he's packing up.... Suits "You're work's done, pack up the brief case.."

My favourite moment was watching Keith Urban waiting to call up his agent and fire him.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

My favourite moment was watching Keith Urban waiting to call up his agent and fire him.

ha ha yeah that was just so awful, but comedic.  Let's hope that never happens, ever again, where the half-time entertainment gets into the booth with Suits and CC.  Learn your lesson TSN.  Though it would be kind of funny to have Justin Bieber in the booth with Suits. 

30 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

ha ha yeah that was just so awful, but comedic.  Let's hope that never happens, ever again, where the half-time entertainment gets into the booth with Suits and CC.  Learn your lesson TSN.  Though it would be kind of funny to have Justin Bieber in the booth with Suits. 

Run a competition for one or two super fans to do colour in the 3Q - it would be hilarious...!!!