2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

JCon

1 minute ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

That's how I saw it. At the very least, there wasn't enough solid evidence to overturn the call.

Yup he had hand on top..and hand underneath it albeit backward but still in control and ball never once was out of his control...was a great catch...and he was wearing his smart watch to boot..hahaha

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm not sure I wanna dig for it, but has everyone seen the pic of him in the jorts, with no shirt on, and a Christmas tree hat hanging at the bar at Brazen Hall? Just absolutely fabulous...that man is a beauty.

Someone is gonna have to put together a montage of all his pics and video..guys just a wicked dude

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup he had hand on top..and hand underneath it albeit backward but still in control and ball never once was out of his control...was a great catch...and he was wearing his smart watch to boot..hahaha

They do not sell those in Saskatchewan. Makes them feel inadequate.

Edited by Tracker

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

Someone is gonna have to put together a montage of all his pics and video..guys just a wicked dude

I've got a personal vid on my phone of him wading through the crowd at the forks shouting, "you guys are ******* awesome." 

I'm wiling to share but don't have the knowledge to upload. Can anybody help?

CALGARY — On an early morning last week, before the Winnipeg Blue Bombers travelled to Calgary for the Grey Cup, the team sat around and watched an unusual piece of CFL film.

They watched a highlight film of Mike O’Shea’s career.

They watched several minutes of O’Shea play, in all its toughness, all its intensity, from regular season games and playoffs games and Grey Cups games.

And then they went out to play Grey Cup 107. Not just play it. Dominate it. Just like O’Shea played.

“Inspiring,” Willie Jefferson called it. “Having a coach like him, talking to us every morning, every evening, before practice is over, you don’t have no choice but to play the game like him.

“Before we left, we saw that,” said the defensive player of the year. “You can’t watch stuff like that and play for someone like that and not give your all.”

3 minutes ago, Y2C said:

Alternatively, they could have watched film of Samoni, Williams and Banks and told them "do the opposite of that."

The Wired episode from the Grey Cup gives quite a glimpse into the different approaches where Lawrence is focused on "why are they comparing me with all these average players" and everything the Bombers say is about winning the game.  Same kind of thing from the WF episode where the Riders are really unfocused in many of the clips they show or focused on personal ****.

Steinhauer has some work to do to build the type of culture O'Shea has built here.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The Wired episode from the Grey Cup gives quite a glimpse into the different approaches where Lawrence is focused on "why are they comparing me with all these average players" and everything the Bombers say is about winning the game.  Same kind of thing from the WF episode where the Riders are really unfocused in many of the clips they show or focused on personal ****.

Steinhauer has some work to do to build the type of culture O'Shea has built here.

I can't really rip Steinhauer 

I think he is a, legit, very good coach. 

https://www.thewesternstar.com/sports/simmons-team-oshea-delivers-an-old-fashioned-ass-kicking-380236/

Here is the whole article from the portion taken above.

Maybe the only Simmons article I've enjoyed reading 

“The players did everything we asked of them,” said Richie Hall, the defensive coordinator. “They played beyond their abilities. They played with heart. They played like they were emulating our coach. He’s our leader.”

Except for this:

"They did it with two quarterbacks instead of one. They did it with Andrew Miller, a Canadian winning the Grey Cup MVP for the first time since Russ Jackson in 1969. They did it by knocking the CFL’s most outstanding player, Brandon Banks, out of the game twice, and finally in the third quarter for good. They did it in every conceivable way."

If you are going to tarnish a CFL legend and future HOFer by calling him a drug cheat that shouldn't be allowed to play-- get his ******* name right.😒

Edited by Geebrr

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

yeah the pregame huddle with jefferson telling the guys to give everything they have. It really shows the focus and understanding of the moment this team had. A week of focus for an entire offseason of partying. Which apparently Streveler is fully intending to do. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

https://www.thewesternstar.com/sports/simmons-team-oshea-delivers-an-old-fashioned-ass-kicking-380236/

Except for this:

"They did it with two quarterbacks instead of one. They did it with Andrew Miller, a Canadian winning the Grey Cup MVP for the first time since Russ Jackson in 1969. 😒

ANDREW MILLER.........for cripes sake ...is there no such thing as proof reading anymore....The article was going great to that point......then it crapped out

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

yeah the pregame huddle with jefferson telling the guys to give everything they have. It really shows the focus and understanding of the moment this team had. A week of focus for an entire offseason of partying. Which apparently Streveler is fully intending to do. 

I think he has already done an offseason's worth of partying.

I love that kid.

Edited by Geebrr

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

ANDREW MILLER.........for cripes sake ...is there no such thing as proof reading anymore....The article was going great to that point......then it crapped out

This is why Simmons is just considered a joke among sports fans & journalists alike. Last week, he just wrote a column about Miller.... errr… Harris saying he shouldn't be allowed to play in the Grey Cup.