2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

JCon

48 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That may have been the greatest 3 game defensive performance in CFL playoff history. 3 TD's allowed in 3 games, and if you take the last 2 quarters in Calgary, the entire Sask game, and the first 2 quarters in the Grey Cup, that's TWO ENTIRE GAMES with no TD's allowed!!! Unf'ingreal.

Wasnt it only 2 TDs?

8 hours ago, bearpants said:

totally agree... into the fourth quarter you could tell they had given up... they had no answers to what the bombers were bringing...

I noticed Evans body language, attitude & demeanor got worse as the game went on. He looked to be throwing hissy fits & getting angry everytime he was sacked or hit. He didn't inspire or lead his team last night. He played lousy & was a lousy teammate. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I noticed Evans body language, attitude & demeanor got worse as the game went on. He looked to be throwing hissy fits & getting angry everytime he was sacked or hit. He didn't inspire or lead his team last night. He played lousy & was a lousy teammate. 

Yup we rattled him early and he never recovered. I remember seeing him throwing off his back foot late in the 1st quarter and thinking "its over, weve got this".

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup we rattled him early and he never recovered. I remember seeing him throwing off his back foot late in the 1st quarter and thinking "its over, weve got this".

At different times during the game Jim Barker & Orlando Steinhauer tried to calm him down. Evans had a great season but it seemed to come too easily & when he ran into a buzzsaw coming after him he couldn't handle it.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I think my favorite part of the entire game was the Hansen special teams hit. Dear lord. He torpedoes the guy blocking him into the returner for a double ti-cat annihilation. It was a beautiful thing. You could HEAR that hit.

the entire stadium ooooohhhhhed at that one and did it again when they showed a replay. 

5 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Amazing defensive performance. 

And I am soooo looking forward to watching them again and again all winter. Got the WSF, WF and the GC saved on an external hard drive for my PVR. That sucker is gonna get a work out as I anxiously await our 2020 defence of the Grey Cup! You're all invited to pop over and watch them whenever you like :)

Edit: Just did the math. 212 days between Dec 1st and July 1st works out to just slightly more than 30 weeks...so if I watch one game a week I can watch them each 10 times by the time the new season starts! Gonna be celebrating the playoff run and Grey Cup all winter/spring long!

Edit #2: I mentioned my plan to a friend who was worried that with all that re-celebrating I might develop a drinking problem. I told him if the last 29 years didn't cause me to develop one I think I'll be ok!

Edited by Deiter Fan

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but to me, this win is as important as the 1984 game. In 88 and 90, we won as the Eastern representative. 

We are not from the ******* East.

I think that I just made myself cry a bit.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Did he even go and shake anyone's hand after the game?  I saw him pouting on his bench for quite a while then they showed him get up and walk off, but I wasn't sure if it was to congratulate the Bombers or to run back to his locker room.  All I could think when I saw him was, stop being a sore loser and go shake some hands.

13 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I think my favorite part of the entire game was the Hansen special teams hit. Dear lord. He torpedoes the guy blocking him into the returner for a double ti-cat annihilation. It was a beautiful thing. You could HEAR that hit.

That was the most Mike Oshea play ever. Guaranteed coach was just rock hard when he saw that

And where was Banks?...didn't see him come back to bench to support his team at the least, and offer congrats...totally quit on his team, almost looked like others did too....some MOP they have there...Would you have seen Harris quit like that and disappear..Nichols?..Jefferson?...a foot soldier like Bailey?...never!!

The difference between them and us..no quit...no lack of support...And proven by guts of Strev playing on one leg all post season..not just one game and his teamates feding off it, and there were others I am sure who were way less than 100 percent

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

And where was Banks?...didn't see him come back to bench to support his team at the least, and offer congrats...totally quit on his team, almost looked like others did too....some MOP they have there...Would you have seen Harris quit like that and disappear..Nichols?..Jefferson?...a foot soldier like Bailey?...never!!

The difference between them and us..no quit...no lack of support...And proven by guts of Strev playing on one leg all post season..not just one game and his teamates feding off it, and there were others I am sure who were way less than 100 percent

I nominate Banks for the "Nut Licker" Award. Are you ready to pass it on Booch? Hahaha.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

The difference between them and us..no quit...no lack of support...And proven by guts of Strev playing on one leg all post season..not just one game and his teammates feeding off it, and there were others I am sure who were way less than 100 percent

Did you see Bailey on the sidelines after that called back TD?... he was so fired up and you could tell he loved being part of this team... from a guy who (IMO) was way under-utilized... I bet he felt that way too... but he proved he's a team player, willing to play whatever role he's given... total Mike O'Shea guy... that's the reason he has stuck around all season and will hopefully be back... 

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

really hoping someone will periscope or FB Live it........we got to have our fun out west here this past weekend, but now we Albertans have to miss out on the fun back home!

CJOB is planning to live stream the parade and ceremony

13 hours ago, bigg jay said:

You know Dickenson is somewhere right now saying that's my locker room you f**king Canadians!

I read this and immediately wondered if Chris Jones thought we won with enough class...

Two sleeps later and I still tear up every time I read this thread.

Almost had to pull over on the drive in listening to highlights of the Coach's show last night. Doing it again now remembering the emotion of Osh describing what it meant to him to have his whole family there this weekend for the win.

If you missed the coaches show you should seek it out.

12 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I nominate Banks for the "Nut Licker" Award. Are you ready to pass it on Booch? Hahaha.

I do....it's time haha

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Did you see Bailey on the sidelines after that called back TD?... he was so fired up and you could tell he loved being part of this team... from a guy who (IMO) was way under-utilized... I bet he felt that way too... but he proved he's a team player, willing to play whatever role he's given... total Mike O'Shea guy... that's the reason he has stuck around all season and will hopefully be back... 

Oh gaurantee he will be back and yeah I see his role expanding...he's a heart and soul guy too..can never have enough Bailey's...and he appreciates the opportunity

25 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

That was the most Mike Oshea play ever. Guaranteed coach was just rock hard when he saw that

Read in the Sun today that sometime last week the entire team watched a Mike O'Shea highlite reel montage. It looked like the entire team dialed up their  own version of Mike O'Shea on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Bailey is awesome. We stayed for an hour after the game and made our way down to the front row to highfive the players. He was the first guy to come over and stayed nearly 30 minutes with the fans. Every time someone handed him a phone he took a selfie with them and jumped up into the stands a few times for pics. He was a super nice guy and legit loves being a part of the team.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti