2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

JCon

To all the fans who saw their first Bomber Grey Cup win.... Welcome to the club. We've been waiting for you to join us for a long time.

That wasn't just a win. It was total dominance. One of, if not the most lobsidded Grey Cup victory in recent memory. 

Now, onto figuring out how to repeat next year. 😁 

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

To all the fans who saw their first Bomber Grey Cup win.... Welcome to the club. We've been waiting for you to join us for a long time.

That wasn't just a win. It was total dominance. One of, if not the most lobsidded Grey Cup victory in recent memory. 

Saw 3 of them in my first 12 1/2 years of life, but took nearly another 3 decades for the 4th. Really hope I'm not 70 when we get #5...
But yeah, to those who've never seen one until now, never forget it! Here's hoping the boys can get back to back trophies!

GO BOMBERS GO!!!
CHAMPS BOMBERS CHAMPS!!!

Edited by CanuckGod

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The last time a team got dominated like that in a grey cup was.. When Hamilton last played in it 😁

1 minute ago, CanuckGod said:

Saw 3 of them in my first 12 1/2 years of life, but took nearly another 3 decades for the 4th. Really hope I'm not 70 when we get #5...
But yeah, to those who've never seen one until now, never forget it! Here's hoping the boys can get back to back trophies!

GO BOMBERS GO!!!
CHAMPS BOMBERS CHAMPS!!!

I'm in my 60's. Better not take 29 years to win another cup, cuz I'll be dead before that happens and this will be my last Bomber cup of my life. 

1 minute ago, Firekid said:

Does anyone have any information on the parade tomorrow? Like the time and route info? I am waiting to see how I need to book time off work or find a baby sitter and stuff. If anybody gets any info can you post it here please? 

They said that they would announce that later today, around noon to 1pm. 

2 minutes ago, Firekid said:

Does anyone have any information on the parade tomorrow? Like the time and route info? I am waiting to see how I need to book time off work or find a baby sitter and stuff. If anybody gets any info can you post it here please? 

Apparently details will be release early this afternoon.

20 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Just sitting here reflecting back to a July evening in Edmonton where this team at a fork in the road. A loss that night might of meant the club going down a different road but the character of that locker room turned it around leading to a winning run that has not happened in Winnipeg in a long time. The other road was taken and 4 yrs later it ends in the cup coming home.

I think what makes this year extra special, if that's possible cuz we won the ******* Cup, is that I was there too. 5 games I went to this year in person, and I'm 4-1 for 2019. The Edmonton game and Banjo Bowl were amazing, but the 2 wins in Calgary were the sweetest fruit.

8 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

apologize if this has already been mentioned somewhere else but,..

Noeller, did I see you on TV? were you wearing a brown sock hat and sitting with an older gentlemen wearing wearing a Bomber jersey and round glasses?  if so I did, lol...

honeslty, as a 3 year follower of the Bombers and the CFL I don't deserve this so I want to congratulate you, the Bomber fans, as well as the Bombers, for hanging in there and staying true blue! God bless you all!

I'm going to include myself so, thanks. I fell in love with this team 50 years ago and have witnessed a few Grey Cup victories but this was the best one by far. Welcome to my Blue Bomber family!

9 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

apologize if this has already been mentioned somewhere else but,..

Noeller, did I see you on TV? were you wearing a brown sock hat and sitting with an older gentlemen wearing wearing a Bomber jersey and round glasses?  if so I did, lol...

honeslty, as a 3 year follower of the Bombers and the CFL I don't deserve this so I want to congratulate you, the Bomber fans, as well as the Bombers, for hanging in there and staying true blue! God bless you all!

Hey man you deserve it just as much...YOu been a loyal follower on both sites...an actual vested true fan...and supporter as well as honest critic...enjoy brother..and hope to see you at a game this summer

10 hours ago, JoePopRox said:

Wow, I went on too long there! Sorry!

No, it was perfect. The Bombers mean a lot to all of us in so many ways. This win has also touched all of us in so many ways & we all have a story of why it means so much to us. Your story was great. I sure 2020 is a much better year for you. Thanks for sharing. Who got da cup? We got da cup, baby!! 

Just now, J5V said:

That hit by Hansen had me pop right up out of my seat and let out a mighty WOOO! that scared my wife and had the dog barking! Just fantastic!

ha...yup...that can now supplant the Bowman stick on Szarka....incredible to de-cleat 2 guys at once...and that really set a tone on our sidelines

1 minute ago, J5V said:

That hit by Hansen had me pop right up out of my seat and let out a mighty WOOO! that scared my wife and had the dog barking! Just fantastic!

Hits like that just took the wind out of their sales. They were absolutely done & wanted no part of us. Steinhauer knew that on the sidelines. 

Once the Cats realized they were in against a team possessed with the will to win they folded like a cheap suit. I really don't recall hearing any Cats names other than Evans because he was getting sacked so much lol! Mind you the whole thing was kind of a blur because I was overtaken with the emotion when I realized the Bombers were going to end 29 years of heartbreak. It still hits me when I say that. And Chris Matthews got to put his pants on : ) 

Edited by Firekid

1 minute ago, Firekid said:

Once they realized they were in against a team possessed with the will to win the folded like a cheap suit. I really don't recall hearing any Cats names other than Evans because he was getting sacked so much lol! Mind you the whole thing was kind of a blur because I was overtaken with the emotion when I realized the Bombers were going to end 29 years of heartbreak. It still hits me when I say that. And Chris Matthews got to put his pants on : ) 

It was a blur ha ha! 

I'm going to rewatch it today.

11 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Ti-Cats were never punched in the mouth this whole season. It was super clear they did not know how to respond to the blows that the Bombers were landing.

totally agree... into the fourth quarter you could tell they had given up... they had no answers to what the bombers were bringing...

35 minutes ago, Firekid said:

I was trying like crazy to get them to go on Ring Road in Regina, you know, to show them the prize, but so far, no backers for that plan.