2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

JCon

6 hours ago, Smash said:

Earlier this week  I told my friend ,we have the spirit of Coach Cal and Tyrone Jones with us,we ain't gonna lose.....and I ain't religious ..but beer makes you smrt

Throw in Warren Hudson..Nick Benjamain and Steve Rhodehustkers (or however you spell it) as pivotal members of winning teams who are no longer with us 

After the two beatings Hamilton put on us earlier this year, I really wasn't sure that we could win this game. But we had made changes, especially at the QB position. From the moment this game began, you could see our team was more than ready. The D line...the O line.....special teams....and of course the man who would not be stopped, Andrew Harris. 

I couldn't be prouder today of the whole organization. 

I wasn't the most popular kid in elementary, middle years and junior high. Football, and the Bombers were one of the few things the gave me joy.

I broke my wrist in 2000. My mom got me season tickets as a "pick me up" because my summer was essentially ruined. I had them for 8 years before moving temporarily. 

I was in grade 9 in 2001. I cried when they lost.

2002 - We lose Milt on the last game of the season. We lose Charles Roberts on the first play of the west final.

2003 - No Milt for the playoffs again. Kenton Keith runs the ball down our throat. You can see times are changing.

2004 - Lyle Bauer does his first sabotage job canning Dave Ritchie

2007 - I fully maintain given we lost by 3 points, with Ryan Dinwiddie throwing 3 picks, that we beat the piss out of the Riders if we had Kevin Glenn that game.

End of 2008 - Lyle Bauer sabotage job 2

The next few years, ugly as a whole, even if we did somehow make it to the dance in 2011.

Slowly got better under Walters...even if there were bumps along the way. Etch a Sketch defence. Kuale. Choking in the west semi against BC. Continuing to be owned by Calgary. Not able to get over the hump.

But finally. It's over. And more tears were shed last night. And all of the dumbfounding decisions of era's past, and heartbreaking losses don't matter.

Beautiful.

Interesting of note on the much maligned Richie Hall defense...In 3 play-off games we gave up 2 touchdowns...the last of which was in 2nd Quarter of the first game...10 quarters ago...had 9 sacks...and pressures up the ying yang...5 forced fumbles..6 Int's...and basically all done on the road....tell me that's not a dominant defense when it mattered most??

Forgot to add...was it 3 or 4 stuffs on 3rd and 1 attempts to get ball back??

Edited by Booch

How about a little bit of love for our #16 in the Mike Jones battle... Mike Jones (Ham) was a split second away from coming down with a huge gain and setting up the Cats on the goal line... potentially changing the game... on the broadcast they said he dropped it... but when you watch the replay it was actually a spectacular knock down by Mike Jones (Wpg)... 

Who knows if it would've changed the game... it was at 13:04 (according to the box score) with Winnipeg up 27-12... if it's 27-19 with 12 mins to play, could be a different outcome... unofficial HH to our Mike Jones for keeping the game in our dominance... 

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

How about a little bit of love for our #16 in the Mike Jones battle... Mike Jones (Ham) was a split second away from coming down with a huge gain and setting up the Cats on the goal line... potentially changing the game... on the broadcast they said he dropped it... but when you watch the replay it was actually a spectacular knock down by Mike Jones (Wpg)... 

Who knows if it would've changed the game... it was at 13:04 (according to the box score) with Winnipeg up 27-12... if it's 27-19 with 12 mins to play, could be a different outcome... unofficial HH to our Mike Jones for keeping the game in our dominance... 

As I said in a different thread..He really came on and I think we have discovered Sayles 2.0...guy had a great play-offs and yup...he batted that ball outta Jone's hands

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Preach...he was awesome