2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

JCon

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What a playoff run by this team a d what a performance by the defence. We will talk about this team in hushed tones for ever. Simply dominant on the defensive line.

This was not an accident. It’s like the D was a sleeper during season, saving their best football for the playoffs.  Hamilton clearly thought the regular season D would show up again...

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

It's a weird feeling. It's like...relief. Like, now I can enjoy each season on it's own without it feeling like each one is just another in a long line of disappointments. As if now every loss won't be just another wound that we have to carry through another long offseason.

Can't wait until next year.

Yeah, and if we don't win it next year we can start, like, "Oh man, we haven't won in so long. This sucks! Fire everyone!". LOL!

Absolutely amazing.

This organization deserves it. Walters and O'Shea took this team from one of its lowest points and have turned it into a champion. Nice to see great guys like LaPo and Hall win too.  Management, coaching, players - can't give them enough credit for this season and this Cup.

I remember the cups in 1984, 1988, 1990, and how the team was always a serious contender in those days. I was at a Grey Cup party in 1990 and only half-paid attention to the game. When they won it was like "cool, they won again", just assuming it would continue to be a regular occurrence. Never thought it would be 29 years until it happened again. Since then I moved to the west coast, and then further west to New Zealand. Still follow the team though and ecstatic they finally won. Congratulations Bombers!!

This team peaked at the right time, just got better over the last 4 games.

I'll admit I lost faith after nasty meltdowns vs Argos and Montreal but it feels so great that this long Grey Cup drought is finally over.

Joyful tonight for this special team that was able to bring it home for themselves, for our city and province, and for the W.