GREY CUP - GAME DAY THREAD - Ticats @Bombers!

JCon

Just now, Noeller said:

that's unfortunate, and certainly not how we'd like to be seen, in the grand scheme of things....

takes 2 to tango, and in my experience a fan rarely challenges players...prob some Cats didn't like the heckling...took some liberties and the fans stood up and continued the beat down...

6 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Major pet peeve with this article... this whole section is filled with errors... I made the appropriate corrections...

The Touchdown catch that wasn't

Trailing 27-12 early in the fourth quarter, it appeared for a moment that Hamilton might be in the midst of a comeback.

On second and long, Evans heaved the ball 50 yards to wide-open Mike Jones, who had split a couple of defenders and found himself in a position to score three yards shy of the end zone.

But the Ticats wideout couldn't corral the pass. He dropped the ball had the ball knocked out by the defender inside the five-yard line, preventing what could have been a game-changing play in this 107th Grey Cup.

To make matters worst, Jones was slow getting up and needed help getting off the field.

1. The title suggests he almost caught it in the endzone, which is incorrect...
2. based on getting stuffed twice on 3rd and 1 there's certainly no guarantee they would've scored...
3. Saying (Ham) Jones dropped it is incorrect and disrespectful to the fantastic play by (Wpg) Jones...

even after one of the most dominant Grey Cup wins in years... people still don't want to give the Bombers any respect...

Edited by bearpants

HAM                                                 WINNIPEG
50 DEFENSIVE TACKLES 41
5 SPECIAL TEAMS TACKLES 9
55 TOTAL TACKLES 50
1 QB SACKS 6
0 FORCED FUMBLES 3
2 PASS KNOCKDOWNS 7
0 INTERCEPTIONS 2
0 FUMBLE RETURNS 2

Just checking the box score for fun. Take a look at these defensive stats.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'd bet my left arm Simoni was a part of it. I'm guessing he was a little sour after the game considering how he "played" if you can call it that. I've rewatched the game 3 times now. And honestly can't find him. I'm guessing the Bombers must have game planned to make him completely useless and it worked!

The only memory I have of him in that game was crying for a flag when Harris "headbutt" him. I think that was our first drive of the game.