GREY CUP - GAME DAY THREAD - Ticats @Bombers!

JCon

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

We watched the 84 GC the other day. Gonna watch 88 and 90 today. LET'S ******* GO!!!!!!! 

I watched the 1984 game a few days ago. The Jones sack and Poplawski td are legendary plays.

That's the first football game I can remember watching, so it will always be the best to me. At least until 8ish tonight...

6 minutes ago, Hryciuk965 said:

I haven't eaten anything greasy or sweet in three weeks during this cut, so yesterday it was pizza and monster cookies. Had leftovers for breakfast and went and did lower body day with deadlifts. The adrenaline is flowing in my 23 year old veins. I am pumped boys. LET'S ****ING GO!

You need a beer, pal

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

You need a beer, pal

Funny story, I do maintenance for the hospital in a town outside Brandon and my supervisor was done on Friday, and the other guy done the Friday before. 60 years experience to 1. I wanted tomorrow off so bad, if the Bombers had won I'd be double barreling wine tonight but work won't allow that lol. I got In The Air Tonight on repeat I'm just so hyped up. 

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

https://calgarysun.com/sports/football/cfl/postmedias-grey-cup-predictions/wcm/ba30ba84-5322-4f05-9cf9-3a1f15d04184#Echobox=1574613289

Eight of nine are forecasting a Hamilton victory with only Paul Friesen of the Winnipeg Sun siding with the West Division champs. 😲

That's perfect.  No one is even mentioning the game the Bombers played against Calgary.  Calgary had the same threats, the same speed at receiver and a better QB.  They're choosing to write us off and not even attempting to write anything about the Bombers. 

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

https://calgarysun.com/sports/football/cfl/postmedias-grey-cup-predictions/wcm/ba30ba84-5322-4f05-9cf9-3a1f15d04184#Echobox=1574613289

Eight of nine are forecasting a Hamilton victory with only Paul Friesen of the Winnipeg Sun siding with the West Division champs. 😲

**** them all, including Friesen and especially Wyman. 

5 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

That's perfect.  No one is even mentioning the game the Bombers played against Calgary.  Calgary had the same threats, the same speed at receiver and a better QB.  They're choosing to write us off and not even attempting to write anything about the Bombers. 

Scott Stinson doesn't even cover CFL. Simmons does a handful of games a year. Don't know why theyre included. Beat reporters , not just columnists, should be asked too

Hamilton was the best team this year. Who is the best now is the only thing that matters. The Bombers have ascended through the West beating the defending Grey Cup Champs and a very good Sask team in their own barns. Hamilton may be steeltown but its the Bombers that have been hardened and ready to take home the cup. Go Blue.

7 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Hamilton was the best team this year. Who is the best now is the only thing that matters. The Bombers have ascended through the West beating the defending Grey Cup Champs and a very good Sask team in their own barns. Hamilton may be steeltown but its the Bombers that have been hardened and ready to take home the cup. Go Blue.

This is a completely different team from the one that played Hamilton back in September.  Brandon Alexander was not even playing and Chris Streveler was having a tough game at QB.  They exploited our liability at safety with max protect to give Evans extra steamboats.  But even with all that, the game was mostly close and one critical error turned it into a blowout.  Let me put it this way: the Bomber team that Hamilton beat in September would not even be in the Grey Cup.  Hamilton has not played this current version of the Bombers, but Bombers have certainly played against the current version of the Ti-Cats.  

Everyone is talking about the Bombers' rushing attack and their stout run defense.  The improved play of the secondary and the suddenly dangerous vertical passing attack are scarcely garnering a mention.

Just. How. We. Like.It. 

#FORTHEW

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I love how Winnipeg is not seen as a threat. When playing well Winnipeg can beat anyone. Hope hamilton thinks like the rest of the media does. Bombers can punch them in the mouth.

HAM had to listen to "Playoff Trevor" and #whynotus for a solid week so it's doubtful they're taking their cues from media.

Just now, Zontar said:

HAM had to listen to "Playoff Trevor" and #whynotus for a solid week so it's doubtful they're taking their cues from media.

Except that Winnipeg has been in the exact same position that Hamilton is in now and even though they should know better, they're only human, and it's easy to underestimate your opponent especially when virtually everyone is telling you you will win. We'll see if it affects Hamilton or not.