O'Shea - Walters - Verbal Agreement

Ridermania

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who knows what Pinball will offer him? It may not be a question of lowballing but matching. Remember there's a coach's cap now. Bombers may not be able to match. Guess we'll see what happens next week. 

Yes the coach SMS makes it even more unlikely that Toronto could outbid us. Trestman and Popp are still on the books for next year and Chamblin would be 2 more years.

Unless you think that the Argos could pay 3 HCs less than we could pay one.

Edited by gcn11

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who knows what Pinball will offer him? It may not be a question of lowballing but matching. Remember there's a coach's cap now. Bombers may not be able to match. Guess we'll see what happens next week. 

Well one can assume LaPo is as good as gone for an HC role elsewhere. That could free up some $$$. Who knows, maybe Hall leaves as well and we extend O’Shea as a HC and slap the DC role on him too? 

As for Toronto, they still haven’t fired Chamblin. They are still paying Jim Popp also. Don’t know how much room they have to spend, but I’m confident we could match it and probably beat it. Money wouldn’t be the issue. It’s if O’Shea’s desire to go home is greater than his desire to turn his Bombers into a dynasty. 

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

But if they can Chamnlain..seriously hampers them money wise as they are prob paying him for at least another yr. And that goes against cap..Oshea ain't going nowhere 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

But if they can Chamnlain..seriously hampers them money wise as they are prob paying him for at least another yr. And that goes against cap..Oshea ain't going nowhere 

Do you think his first choice would be to stay or leave?  He knows what he has in Winnipeg. Not sure in Toronto. I think it'd be a risky move to leave the Bombers for that mess in Toronto. 

He knows he has a good thing here. Bordering on great..if not great on leaving a real legacy and have his finger prints all over the Franchise's revival..and possibilty of going down as a legendary coach in our history with more successive years here..that's something I see that would drive him and keep him around until he gets forced out

Another thing I hope Osh takes into consideration. He’s already 3rd all-time in wins for the Bombers (56). Behind Cal Murphy (86) and Bud Grant (102)

Win the cup on Sunday and a few more winning seasons and who knows? The guy could one day be cast in bronze outside IGF—its not that far-fetched. 

23 minutes ago, The Ghost of Mike Kelly said:

Another thing I hope Osh takes into consideration. He’s already 3rd all-time in wins for the Bombers (56). Behind Cal Murphy (86) and Bud Grant (102)

Win the cup on Sunday and a few more winning seasons and who knows? The guy could one day be cast in bronze outside IGF—its not that far-fetched. 

@17to85 and I have been talking about about starting a GoFundMe for the statue when the inevitable GC happens... 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Both teams have the same SMS dollars. Toronto, should actually have less available bucks because they will have to pay out their current HC.

If we lose MOS, it won't be because we couldn't match the Argos offer.

13 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Both teams have the same SMS dollars. Toronto, should actually have less available bucks because they will have to pay out their current HC.

If we lose MOS, it won't be because we couldn't match the Argos offer.

On the surface, it seems to be such a natural fit for the struggling Argos, that I am wondering if they could get some sort of papal dispensation from the CFL head office.

13 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'm sure MOS would love to stay but he is also no dummy so he will get as much money as he can.

and we should be able to pay him the most...we don't have to pay for a canned coach..and I believe Hall is on a 1 year contract, so if we go a different direction there it won't cost us...And if Lapo leaves for a HC gig elsewhere..again it won't cost us...so if we get into a bit of a bidding war...we should be more than okay there

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

and we should be able to pay him the most...we don't have to pay for a canned coach..and I believe Hall is on a 1 year contract, so if we go a different direction there it won't cost us...And if Lapo leaves for a HC gig elsewhere..again it won't cost us...so if we get into a bit of a bidding war...we should be more than okay there

Yeah I hope so.

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

Not to mention any new coaches would be coming to a grey cup caliber team and an organization that isn't a complete tire fire.

46 minutes ago, Booch said:

Better by subtraction. 

16 hours ago, Booch said:

Trestman still has one year at over 600k left on his contract after this year. I am sure they use their one exemption for him but that leaves them no exemption left for Chamblin and Popp's salary. That's a ton of SMS used up. They aren't getting into a bidding war with anyone.

30 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I really don't think it comes down to money, it comes down to what MOS wants. If he really wants to move back to southern Ontario and the GTA, he will and no amount of money we offer will change that. 

That brings us back to the conversation where he has looked Walters in the eye and said he wants to be back.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

I'm sure MOS would love to stay but he is also no dummy so he will get as much money as he can.

Choosing the highest offer with no consideration of the situation and the odds of achieving success in a results driven business like football is the very definition of being a dummy.

24 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Except the majority of the team is on one year contracts. So, if MOS leaves he may have 15 FA players that follow him. 

The majority of the league is on one year contracts. You don't think that every decent player that Toronto has isn't looking to jump ship after the season they just had? Also, Toronto is a crap show for facilities for the players. Tons of complaints this year that the players didn't even know where they would be practicing from week to week because they rent their practice facilities from wherever there is some available. BMO is a 3rd rate stadium and the soccer team gets first dibs on time use there. I think that MOS leaving has to be considered a longshot.

Edited by gcn11

Just now, gcn11 said:

The majority of the league is on one year contracts. You don't think that every decent player that Toronto has isn't looking to jump ship after the season they just had? Also, Toronto is a crap show for facilities for the players. Tons of complaints this year that the players didn't even know where they would be practicing from week to week because they rent their practice facilities from wherever there is some available. BMO is a 3rd rate stadium and the soccer team gets first dibs on time use there.

BMO is not a third rate stadium, they're just treated like third rate customers.