Superstitions

TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

haven't shaved since before the last game of the reg season and have worn my "Canadian Mafia" shirt for each game since (and including) that one. All my jerseys (I have about a dozen or so) are cursed, says I, so I haven't been wearing a jersey of late. I will wear some of them this weekend at the various parties, and think I might wear one to the game on Sunday....we'll see how it goes. #NotSuperstitiousJustALittleStitious

We won every game the kiddo wore his jersey last year, but lost every one this year so there is no way no how that jersey is going on sunday no matter what. Why take that risk?

4 minutes ago, Firekid said:

There are going to be a lot more Bomber fans than Cat fans in the stands on Sunday and that will give the Blue and Gold the real home field advantage!

I know a lot of Stamps season ticket holders who are going and cheering for the Bombers...

in the dopamine blast aftermath of the WF win I was seriously considering driving to Calgary for the Grey Cup (about 12 hours one way, without considering the border)

But the last time I saw a Bomber win live was in Ottawa in 1996.  Since then they are something like 0-12 in games I've watched from the stands.

So I am staying the hell away.

Edited by johnzo

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I haven't shaved & have a playoff beard going strong. Haven't had a haircut since early August. That's not from superstition. I'm just lazy & like the former Winnipegger I am, I'm cheap. 

that's not restricted to just Winnipeg... I cut my own hair to save the $8 at the barber shop... after all, I can't see it anyway so what do I care...

6 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

that's not restricted to just Winnipeg... I cut my own hair to save the $8 at the barber shop... after all, I can't see it anyway so what do I care...

$8????? Try $25 minimum for a men's cut here.

Also I'm 26 and have never touched the Grey Cup even when I was a kid, I've had my picture taken with it many times.

Edited by Nickthesizz

3 hours ago, Nickthesizz said:

$8????? Try $25 minimum for a men's cut here.

Also I'm 26 and have never touched the Grey Cup even when I was a kid, I've had my picture taken with it many times.

I'm the only male in the family with hair. My brother, father, uncles & nephews all lost their hair by 18. All except me. I used to think I was special until I realized they were all cheap Winnipeggers & willed their hair to fall out so they wouldn't have to pay for haircuts. I didn't get the memo.

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm the only male in the family with hair. My brother, father, uncles & nephews all lost their hair by 18. All except me. I used to think I was special until I realized they were all cheap Winnipeggers & willed their hair to fall out so they wouldn't have to pay for haircuts. I didn't get the memo.

Gotta ask.... Did your mailman or the milkman have hair?