107th GREY CUP - Tiger-Cats @ Blue Bombers

JCon

5 hours ago, TrueBlue75 said:

The only place I’ve heard this is on riderfans. I could have missed it but I’ve looked around a bit on different media feeds and haven’t seen anything about it. Love that rider fans are still so bitter!

Only 46 years, 11 months & 24 days to match my bitterness. Screw anything Rider.  

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Was just out and about in the hood..was amazed and proud to see all the people in bomber gear..talikong about the game. at st v mall and seen many a grey cup sign from bomber store go out the door..the city is pumped for sure...and if we win its going to go off! Will be unreal for sure.

I'm not originally from here..was fortunate enough to be here in early 90's and returned in  2003 for job opportunity in real world but can say I am a proud Winnipeger thru and thru..let's go get this mother effer!

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

In fact, cjob won't even be broadcasting the feed. TSN 1290 will have the feed of TSNs national radiocast. That's a real shame and if I worked for Corus Winnipeg I'd be ready to kill someone. 

Strange, I think TSN announced last year that they were taking over CFL radio rights but they have done little to pursue that interest till now.  I don't think they're interested in supporting radio broadcast crews in each CFL city, so they'll probably won't pursue it further unless they switch to broadcasting the TV feed of every game.   This does nothing to grow the game, in fact it does damage to the shareholders who promote the game on regional stations and pisses off the fan-base who  listen to the games on radio.

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Was just out and about in the hood..was amazed and proud to see all the people in bomber gear..talikong about the game. at st v mall and seen many a grey cup sign from bomber store go out the door..the city is pumped for sure...and if we win its going to go off! Will be unreal for sure.

I'm not originally from here..was fortunate enough to be here in early 90's and returned in  2003 for job opportunity in real world but can say I am a proud Winnipeger thru and thru..let's go get this mother effer!

LFG!

19 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Strange, I think TSN announced last year that they were taking over CFL radio rights but they have done little to pursue that interest till now.  I don't think they're interested in supporting radio broadcast crews in each CFL city, so they'll probably won't pursue it further unless they switch to broadcasting the TV feed of every game.   This does nothing to grow the game, in fact it does damage to the shareholders who promote the game on regional stations and pisses off the fan-base who  listen to the games on radio.

Teams sell the rights to the local broadcasts, TSN owns rights to nationally broadcasted game, Grey Cup.  Corus used to own the Grey Cup rights.

22 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Lots of flags downtown at portage and main. A smattering of bombers toques and hats spotted on the sidewalks. I'll be sporting my bomber gear at the Jets game tonight, will be shocked if I'm the only one. Feeling good. Big effing weekend let's do this.

Get that Bomber chant rolling at the game for the country to hear.

tsn broadcast last week sask game yesterday, I noticed theadric in on several plays on the last gasp sask drive.

smashed his way right through the O line on one sack, then made a tackle down field next play.

great year for that guy.

I guess (what the) Hecht is back in to shore up the kik coverage.

hard to decide which guy will be the surprise star, since they all contribute when bombers do well.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I too saw lots of Bomber gear, signs and flags while out and about in south Winnipeg. Best thing I saw was a massive blue tarp with For The W painted on it attached to trees along the berm on Bishop Grandin near Dakota. Just love the excitement around the city! 

39 minutes ago, TrueBlue75 said:

I too saw lots of Bomber gear, signs and flags while out and about in south Winnipeg. Best thing I saw was a massive blue tarp with For The W painted on it attached to trees along the berm on Bishop Grandin near Dakota. Just love the excitement around the city! 

Saw that too on my way home..well done whoever did that

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

This happens every year. TSN screws over teams' broadcast crews. Like they give a ****? Rod Black does the game & Bob Irving can't. 

Hey guys... Re: Hecht... Its strictly a thing where they're putting a vet on the roster for the biggest game of the year. It's one of those "locker room" things. The rookie makes way for a veteran. He won't hardly play... MAYBE on teams... Maybe.... But it's mostly just a paper transaction.