107th GREY CUP - Tiger-Cats @ Blue Bombers

JCon

4 hours ago, Booch said:

he was also benched because really he was hardly utilized....wasn't dropping balls...wasn't playing hard...he was just usually told to sit in the flat..take a dump pass and be expected to beat 3-5 guys before he basically got his feet moving...every sweep he ran was succesfull...was open many times on deep shots where our QB couldn't connect with him....but Collaros has shown he can...you put him in for the Grey Cup...his threat alone to take it to house from anywhere will open things up for others...you have to account for him out there

We don't need Lucky on sweeps, we have Mike Miller!  

That call was crazy.  But it worked.  

56 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nah, it'll be sticking around. Temps aren't warm enough the rest of the week to melt all the snow. Forecast highs are between 4-8 degrees thru Sunday.

that's more then enough to make it melt. Either way, the field won't be covered because of snow today. Im hoping for cold cold cold weather on Sunday.

I was at the Bomber Store today at IG Field East and it was a madhouse. They were offering free lawn signs for the first 3,000 people starting at noon. Unfortunately, they had issues printing them, so they won't be delivered until tomorrow. 

If nothing else, this GC appearance is putting the Bombers back on some people's radar and it's putting money into the team's pocket. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

I was at the Bomber Store today at IG Field East and it was a madhouse. They were offering free lawn signs for the first 3,000 people starting at noon. Unfortunately, they had issues printing them, so they won't be delivered until tomorrow. 

If nothing else, this GC appearance is putting the Bombers back on some people's radar and it's putting money into the team's pocket. 

I was hoping to pick one up but then I saw their tweet about All the signs being gone. I thought it was crazy that they would be out of 3000 signs so quickly. Hopefully they’re good to go tomorrow and I can add this one to my other lawn sign.

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

Thanks for the update. I was going to go on my lunch but figured I'd wait a day. Glad I didn't miss out.

Gonna go tomorrow to sign the banner, pick up a lawn sign, and a Grey Cup party pack (looks like a great deal and will go over well at my GC party).

Btw, great to hear it was busy. Puts a smile on my face that there is a legit buzz in town. Everyone's talkin' Bombers this week and I am not getting any work done.

Edited by blue_or_die

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue75 said:

I was hoping to pick one up but then I saw their tweet about All the signs being gone. I thought it was crazy that they would be out of 3000 signs so quickly. Hopefully they’re good to go tomorrow and I can add this one to my other lawn sign.

I got there at about 11:30 even though they were supposed to start at 12, and there was lots of people leaving with signs then. Got one (at least they were doing only one per person). Also picked up a couple of the fan packs ( 6 foam fingers, cups, popcorn bowl, 6 koozies) they had for $20. Foam fingers and Bomber cups for the whole office!

1 minute ago, blue_or_die said:

Thanks for the update. I was going to go on my lunch but figured I'd wait a day. Glad I didn't miss out.

Gonna go tomorrow to sign the banner, pick up a lawn sign, and a Grey Cup party pack (looks like a great deal and will go over well at my GC party).

Btw, great to hear it was busy. Puts a smile on my face that there is a legit buzz in town. Everyone's talkin' Bombers this week and I am not getting any work done.

So, the lawn signs had a sign up sheet. Not sure how many more signs they're getting. 

They may be out of party packs too. I got one of the last ones; however, they could be putting more together. They are definitely out of the beer koozies. 

Its about time.  Better late than never.

Hope it sticks for a season or two.  People love the Bombers but all the Debbie Downers constantly going on about not winning in 29 years and traffic at ths stadium has put a damper on it for the last few years.

3 minutes ago, MC said:

Its about time.  Better late than never.

Hope it sticks for a season or two.  People love the Bombers but all the Debbie Downers constantly going on about not winning in 29 years and traffic at ths stadium has put a damper on it for the last few years.

Man the people who complain about the traffic can eff right off..pardon my language...if they ever had to navigate going to and from a game in other places they would see this is a dream...In Oakland and San Fran where I attended many a game..NFL and College...game day travel logistics were a nightmare...easy 3 hours combined of travel..sitting...waiting...I go to Bomber games now from Southdale to IG and it has never took me more than 20 mins to get there...or 30..35 to get home....Can't say the same with travel to and from Polo...but I never bitched and moaned about it or said it should be in a better location.

And based on city growth and populous who attend games...more are probably closewr to the new stadium..and will be in future than those who aren't...it's also easier for out of towners who attend as well for the most part...rant over

Winning fixes a lot of things....We will have to beat a pretty good team to finish where this team hasn't done for 29 yrs....Hate to bring up the drought thing but it's a fact....longest one in the league...So can we get it done....I say yes sir....Every player on this club will elevate their game, like they have, since starting the post season...If we're touted as being the under dawgs...I like that because it drives players all the harder and we need to do that...The prize awaits for our guys...this drought is gonna end...and we're going to hoist that Earl GREY CUP...BIN A LOOOOONG TIME coming for the patient faithful fans of this club ...Hows that for positivity

Edited by Stickem

And, the traffic issues are virtually gone. They took a couple of years to finish the street construction around the stadium, rapid transit, park and ride, etc. 

It's still going to be a long drive for some coming across the city but it should be smooth going forward, at least near the stadium. 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Man the people who complain about the traffic can eff right off..pardon my language...if they ever had to navigate going to and from a game in other places they would see this is a dream...In Oakland and San Fran where I attended many a game..NFL and College...game day travel logistics were a nightmare...easy 3 hours combined of travel..sitting...waiting...I go to Bomber games now from Southdale to IG and it has never took me more than 20 mins to get there...or 30..35 to get home....Can't say the same with travel to and from Polo...but I never bitched and moaned about it or said it should be in a better location.

And based on city growth and populous who attend games...more are probably closewr to the new stadium..and will be in future than those who aren't...it's also easier for out of towners who attend as well for the most part...rant over

It's the nature of the beast with a city with no solid form of public transportation and a city that's as spread out as Winnipeg is. I went to a Steelers game in Pittsburgh this year and we took the subway, it was like a dream, I drank at least 30 beers tailgating and they come every 10 minutes. Not really possible in Winnipeg when all we have is transit and park and rides.

Just now, 17to85 said:

aww that's cute, you think winnipeg is a big city. 

winnipeg is nothing to drive across in traffic

I said spread out, as in to run a subway from one end to the other it would cost a fortune.

Also I have no problems with the current stadium location, merely pointing out the convenience.

Edited by Nickthesizz