107th GREY CUP - Tiger-Cats @ Blue Bombers

JCon

11 minutes ago, NormW said:

I think if you re-watch the game again take note of what the Bombers were doing on defense, they did the same thing against Calgary and Bo.  They were rushing to spots on the field, They were forcing the play and the QB into spots they weren't designed to be in, often referred to as changing the launch point. It changes the timing, a designed throwing window, the blocking scheme or angles. The defence literally controlled the play of the offence.   

yeah people get too hung up on stats....instead of looking at the whole picture...we have basically shut down 2 teams in the play-offs...with a total defensive effort...not just relying on one guy doing it all....Jefferson's play, and responsibilities in the game plan has opened up things to other players, where the game plan was designed to funnel things, and like mentioned, dictate what we wanted to do...and it has worked

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I feel the TiCats are just a much better team than the Bombers, but it's one game...anything can happen. 

I think the TiCats are very good but I don't think that they are much better than the Bombers are right now. I would definitely say that they are better but I wouldn't put the Bombers far behind. We just beat CoFaj, God and Ridernation, for goodness sake in their toilet!

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I feel the TiCats are just a much better team than the Bombers, but it's one game...anything can happen. 

I feel they are in our way and will get dealt with.

They have some pouty fucks like Banks on that team, so the implosion/meltdown factor in a game like this is high. 

Keeping it lighthearted....when the Jets took the Heritage Classic in Regina a few weekends ago, the Bombers in their last regular season game also defeated the Stamps. When the Bombers knocked off the Stamps in the western final, the Jets also won. This past weekend, the Jets escaped Tampa with a win followed by the Bombers doing the same in Riderville. So....the Jets host Columbus this Saturday. Could the outcome of that game predict the Grey Cup winner? Not that I'm superstitious….but Go Jets Go!

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Collaros is the wildcard for me - he's been very impressive and I don't think the Cats can stack the box on us anymore.  I actually don't want Streveler in if he's not going to throw or hand-off with some regularity (or if we're up by 20 with 5 minutes to go).

Too bad Calgary got their half-foot of snow today instead of this Sunday. 

38 minutes ago, NormW said:

I think if you re-watch the game again take note of what the Bombers were doing on defense, they did the same thing against Calgary and Bo.  They were rushing to spots on the field, They were forcing the play and the QB into spots they weren't designed to be in, often referred to as changing the launch point. It changes the timing, a designed throwing window, the blocking scheme or angles. The defence literally controlled the play of the offence.   

Yes they do a lot to disrupt passing lanes and on lots of plays Jefferson is barely trying to get to the QB, he's watching the QB's eyes and trying to disrupt the QB's reads and throwing lane.

Jefferson is real feast or famine though.  He ran by or flat out didn't finish a couple of huge plays in each playoff game so far, a couple sacks and what would have been a huge stop on Begelton in Calgary.  He is what he is, a freak athlete who does not have a ton of experience playing defensive football and is quite deficient in some skills such as tackling and getting off blocks if he doesn't win off the snap.  I can see why he doesn't last anywhere very long he'd give most coaches an aneurysm.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

Collaros is the wildcard for me - he's been very impressive and I don't think the Cats can stack the box on us anymore.  I actually don't want Streveler in if he's not going to throw or hand-off with some regularity (or if we're up by 20 with 5 minutes to go).

The key for the option running stuff is to actually have options that draw attention from the D.  Don't motion everyone out of the backfield or leave Streveler alone (with Mike Miller counts as alone, he's received exactly one handoff in his entire CFL career) because it makes what is coming way too obvious.  Get the Jet motion going, have Harris set back, run the pistol where Streveler is closer to LOS with Harris behind him, run some Ace and I looks, use running formations which allow power blocking and downhill running.

Like seriously, if they want some help from a high school coach who works with QB's who can't pass consistently and has to develop a creative running game just ask.  There are dozens of us.

3 hours ago, Pigskin said:

Well it looks like most of the men in our family are going to at the GC. I am taking my son, and grandson's, my brother and his son and grandson are coming in from BC, and my older brother and his son are flying in from Toronto. Apparently the weather in Calgary is going to be pretty nice, should be a great weekend. Go Bombers. 

Calgary TODAY says hi.

springstorm298_70990966.jpg

Hmmmm.

"While the Ticats ranked second in the CFL with a plus-eight turnover ratio in 2019, they failed to maintain a positive ratio over the second half of the season, finishing minus-three over the last nine games. Meanwhile, the Ticats threw the second most interceptions in the league, including 13 from Dane Evans."

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/11/19/numbers-dont-lie-3-stats-will-define-grey-cup-3/

5 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I agree, hand the ball to Collaros and let him run with it, if he's doing well don't interrupt his rhythm by blindly throwing Strev. into the mix.   Zach is a smart QB, he'll figure out what he needs to do to move the ball and make good use of the tools at his disposal.  Strev. will be available for short yardage, grinding down the clock, or a last hope in hell if things aren't going well.  It will probably benefit A.H. to be used in a normal situation were the D can't afford to key on him, looking for him to have a career defining game.

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

When I did notice Jefferson on the re-watch, he seemed positioned to prevent CoFaj from escaping to his left with that spin move.  I'm not convinced he didn't do anything despite being held off the stats sheet.

Defence can't have had the result it had last two games, without everyone of them doing their part.

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Hmmmm.

"While the Ticats ranked second in the CFL with a plus-eight turnover ratio in 2019, they failed to maintain a positive ratio over the second half of the season, finishing minus-three over the last nine games. Meanwhile, the Ticats threw the second most interceptions in the league, including 13 from Dane Evans."

Experienced QB vs a rookie

We will see who steps up in the moment 

8 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Hmmmm.

Interceptions and turnovers could be the Cats Achilles heel,  just the advantage the D is looking for to  gain an edge, it would go along way to winning  the game if the D could contribute to the point total.

9 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Interceptions and turnovers could be the Cats Achilles heel,  just the advantage the D is looking for to  gain an edge, it would go along way to winning  the game if the D could contribute to the point total.

OH OH OH. I know a team thats real good at that. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I agree, hand the ball to Collaros and let him run with it, if he's doing well don't interrupt his rhythm by blindly throwing Strev. into the mix.   Zach is a smart QB, he'll figure out what he needs to do to move the ball and make good use of the tools at his disposal.  Strev. will be available for short yardage, grinding down the clock, or a last hope in hell if things aren't going well.  It will probably benefit A.H. to be used in a normal situation were the D can't afford to key on him, looking for him to have a career defining game.

But that's Lapo's MO! If it aint broke, fix it.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti